Need for a LPSG site for teens

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Flyin' Owl, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Flyin' Owl

Flyin' Owl New Member

I know there is a large amount of adult material on this website, and that is why no one under 18 is allowed to access the site, but there is a need for a support group for younger people. There needs to be a place where they can share their stories and give each other advice like we do here. I propose that Rob E make a new site dedicated just to the kids under 18 who are hung like we are, or if not hung, they need penis support from their peers.

2. Quadrille

Quadrille New Member

I second that.

3. FBAnder

FBAnder Member

Albums:
    the LPSG "Teen" version will eventually morph into the same forum this one is...I guess Rob could disable all images, links, etc. etc. but that would defeat the purpose. I know where you are coming from but creating a separate site isn't going to accomplish anything.

4. Webster

Webster New Member

Of course the teens need inclusion. If you read the past threads on this very subject, you will see that a great majority of the members here fought to keep the teens on board. It's really a shame that teens are not allowed here.

Good luck......................

5. FBAnder

FBAnder Member

Albums:
    Good points and I agree. However, I am sure you are more than well aware of the prevailing attitude that any adult who takes any interest in talking to adolescents is some kind of pervert. As far as I can tell, Rob decided to not allow teens on the site to prevent some wacko person/group from taking ridiculous legal action.

Rob pretty much covered his butt by having any registrant consent to being 18 or older before accessing the site. That way if some ultra conservative parent finds her son/daughter browing LPSG and decides to "take action", all Rob has to do is point to the "18 or above" disclaimer. It isn't foolproof but it does go to show something is being done to prevent minors from easily participating.

6. college22punk9

I'm sure there are LOTS of positive things that teens can get out of participating in this board, however we need to look at the possibility, and probability of sexual predators on the internet. This site is sexual in nature, and even us adults get random very inappropriate e-mails with propositions, ect. I would much rather teens not be allowed on the site (and grow up like the rest of us... w/o lpsg), then having this website be the tool for even ONE kid to possibly be harmed/harassed/who knows, from some of the people on this board. Yes most people are normal and respectful, but it only takes one sick freak to ruin it. I mean, if teens REALLY want the info/support, they are gonna get it, but i really dont think its appropriate on a website like this.... when some of these lurkers push the limits of some topics (legally)... like checkin out kids at the playground, ect. you guys know what i'm talking about.... we need to weight out the pros and cons. and i think most of the cons, definately outweigh the pros.

7. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Well, honestly, the images might not be such a problem if images at the entry-point to the Photo Gallery were blocked. Even as a non-gold member, I can see reduced thumbnails of the pics, even if I can't click on them or the profiles. Why not have some kinda, I dunno, gateway page confirming age and membership status before revealing the pics?

Furthermore, if that were to fly, then we as members have to be extravigilant in our selection of avatars. To my knowledge, avatars featuring nudity haven't been a problem since things have tightened up around here. Anyway, I agree that teens should be given access to all the good information because it IS here... or at least point 'em toward respectable sites like Jackinworld.

8. Webster

Webster New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted