Need Foreskin Restoration Advice

justenough2bebig

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm a 37 year old. Over the past 10 years I have noticed a marked decrease in senstitivity of my penis. Masturbation requires increasing pressure on the head to allow me to achieve orgasm. I am gay, and primarily a top. As most guys are not as tight as my hand I have a great deal of difficulty achieving orgasm while inserted inside my partner. This is not only embarassing, but has led in part to several failed relationships.

I know the foreskin restoration issue has been discussed previously on the boards, but I'd like to know if anyone has had similar problems which were resolved with restoration. Which method will result in my glans being covered the most quickly (at least when I am soft) so that I can gain sensitivity and hopefully masturbate without having to abrade the head with my weightlifting roughed hands.

On an additional line - how did those who restored feel about their penis afterwards? Being a middle class WASP from the midwest, I only saw cut penises until I was into my 20's. It has taken me a while to appreciate the look of an uncut cock. Over time I have begun to not only feel mutilated, but robbed of good sexual experiences.

Any feedback on these issues would be appreciated.

Peace,

Pete

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
justenough2bebig said:
I'm a 37 year old. Over the past 10 years I have noticed a marked decrease in senstitivity of my penis. Masturbation requires increasing pressure on the head to allow me to achieve orgasm. I am gay, and primarily a top. As most guys are not as tight as my hand I have a great deal of difficulty achieving orgasm while inserted inside my partner. This is not only embarassing, but has led in part to several failed relationships.

I know the foreskin restoration issue has been discussed previously on the boards, but I'd like to know if anyone has had similar problems which were resolved with restoration. Which method will result in my glans being covered the most quickly (at least when I am soft) so that I can gain sensitivity and hopefully masturbate without having to abrade the head with my weightlifting roughed hands.

On an additional line - how did those who restored feel about their penis afterwards? Being a middle class WASP from the midwest, I only saw cut penises until I was into my 20's. It has taken me a while to appreciate the look of an uncut cock. Over time I have begun to not only feel mutilated, but robbed of good sexual experiences.

Any feedback on these issues would be appreciated.

Peace,

Pete

I too, had the same problem you did in my late 30s and am also a middle class WASP from the midwest.

I was cut very tight, no loose skin when erect and in order to cover my glans with skin while flaccid, I had to force my penis inside of my body.

Currently I have about 1/2 coverage when flaccid. The feeling of the foreskin sliding up over the glans is truly exquisite. It's also moist now and not rough like before. The moistness means that my frenulum remnant is even more sensitive than ever and I can't stand to have my glans uncovered at all. Whenever the tape slips off and the glans is in contact with my underwear, it's really, really painful which is something I never experienced before I began to restore. The memory of that first orgasm after the shaft skin began to move is etched in my mind forever, it was very powerful

It's really cool to see the skin covering the glans, while I've never had a smegma problem, there is a scent that wasn't there before and it serves as somewhat of an aphrodisiac. Obviously, I like the look of it and while I never had a preference in the past, I'm now a major afficiando of the intact penis.

There are an increasing number of devices and methods available. There's also no single best method nor is there any single method that is the fastest. Much of it depends upon your own body's ability to regenerate. Some guys have done it in less than a year, others have taken much longer. Much of it depends upon how dedicated you are, it's not for the impatient.

When I began, I simply used a piece of tape across the glans, then I started t-taping. I've tried the tug ahoy, o-rings, manual tugging and hanging weights. The t-tape and manual tugging work best for me. I found that the tug ahoy and the o-rings pinched my skin too much, but a lot of guys swear by them.

T-tape isn't the most convenient method, that's for sure. The different devices are generally easy to put on and take off but in order to use them, you need a reasonable amount of loose skin. The TLC is only $50. I would recommend getting some Rejuveness tape , it's about halfway down the page on the store tab, a TLC and see what works best for you. If you work out a lot, t-tape may not be the best choice, whereas the TLC or any other non-tape device are easy to put on and take off, the tape, of course takes patience to remove.

I'm not associated with any of the above devices or products.

flnkdguy

Experimental Member
Media
I found that the tug ahoy and the o-rings pinched my skin too much, but a lot of guys swear by them.

The key to o-ring success is finding the softer and thicker silicone o-rings and the using proper size. The typical harder & thicker o-rings that you find at the hardware store will not feel good.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
flnkdguy said:
The key to o-ring success is finding the softer and thicker silicone o-rings and the using proper size. The typical harder & thicker o-rings that you find at the hardware store will not feel good.

That's good to know, I always just used the hard black ones from the hardware store. Do you have a link to where you can get the silicone ones?

justenough2bebig, from your pictures, it looks like you're in pretty good shape and healthy, that will make a big difference in how quickly you're able to restore.

justenough2bebig

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
chico8 said:
I too, had the same problem you did in my late 30s and am also a middle class WASP from the midwest.

I was cut very tight, no loose skin when erect and in order to cover my glans with skin while flaccid, I had to force my penis inside of my body.

Currently I have about 1/2 coverage when flaccid. The feeling of the foreskin sliding up over the glans is truly exquisite. It's also moist now and not rough like before. The moistness means that my frenulum remnant is even more sensitive than ever and I can't stand to have my glans uncovered at all. Whenever the tape slips off and the glans is in contact with my underwear, it's really, really painful which is something I never experienced before I began to restore. The memory of that first orgasm after the shaft skin began to move is etched in my mind forever, it was very powerful

It's really cool to see the skin covering the glans, while I've never had a smegma problem, there is a scent that wasn't there before and it serves as somewhat of an aphrodisiac. Obviously, I like the look of it and while I never had a preference in the past, I'm now a major afficiando of the intact penis.

There are an increasing number of devices and methods available. There's also no single best method nor is there any single method that is the fastest. Much of it depends upon your own body's ability to regenerate. Some guys have done it in less than a year, others have taken much longer. Much of it depends upon how dedicated you are, it's not for the impatient.

When I began, I simply used a piece of tape across the glans, then I started t-taping. I've tried the tug ahoy, o-rings, manual tugging and hanging weights. The t-tape and manual tugging work best for me. I found that the tug ahoy and the o-rings pinched my skin too much, but a lot of guys swear by them.

T-tape isn't the most convenient method, that's for sure. The different devices are generally easy to put on and take off but in order to use them, you need a reasonable amount of loose skin. The TLC is only $50. I would recommend getting some Rejuveness tape , it's about halfway down the page on the store tab, a TLC and see what works best for you. If you work out a lot, t-tape may not be the best choice, whereas the TLC or any other non-tape device are easy to put on and take off, the tape, of course takes patience to remove.

I'm not associated with any of the above devices or products.

Chico8 - thanks for sharing your personal experience. It def. feels good to know I am not a freak and my issues has been experienced by others.

I found a really good website on restoration techniques. The guy has obviously put a lot of time, effort, and thought into the documents he has posted. here's the link, although you've probably seen it: http://homepage.mac.com/dfleary/FileSharing14.html

I think I am going to start with the O-rings and see what results I can get. I like that it's undetectable, cheap, fairly easy to put on and take off, and perhaps most importantly seems to result in tighter skin around the head than other methods. There's a link in one of the docs to an o-ring supplier that sells a large box (230 or so) of rings varying in size. I can't wait to start.

I feel a little tenative about the whole thing. Being a gay guy, I am sure you have seen on the web or in magazines the small subculture of gay body modification freaks probably centered in SF and NYC. I don't want to be overly judgemental, but they gross me out and I certainly don't want to feel as though I have crossed a line into that realm. Knowing that I am trying to put something back - vs creating something new that doesnt exist in nature puts my mind at ease. Plus the fact there's straight guys doing it too.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
justenough2bebig said:
Chico8 - thanks for sharing your personal experience. It def. feels good to know I am not a freak and my issues has been experienced by others.

I found a really good website on restoration techniques. The guy has obviously put a lot of time, effort, and thought into the documents he has posted. here's the link, although you've probably seen it: http://homepage.mac.com/dfleary/FileSharing14.html

I think I am going to start with the O-rings and see what results I can get. I like that it's undetectable, cheap, fairly easy to put on and take off, and perhaps most importantly seems to result in tighter skin around the head than other methods. There's a link in one of the docs to an o-ring supplier that sells a large box (230 or so) of rings varying in size. I can't wait to start.

I feel a little tenative about the whole thing. Being a gay guy, I am sure you have seen on the web or in magazines the small subculture of gay body modification freaks probably centered in SF and NYC. I don't want to be overly judgemental, but they gross me out and I certainly don't want to feel as though I have crossed a line into that realm. Knowing that I am trying to put something back - vs creating something new that doesnt exist in nature puts my mind at ease. Plus the fact there's straight guys doing it too.

The posters on the restore list are about 75% straight, 25% gay so I think it's a fairly diverse group. No need to worry about gay body fetishism.

Dave is really inventive and it's great that he's provided such a good list of devices and methods. Remember, it's what works best for you that counts, lots of guys swear by their own personal method but the best way is to try as many as possible and see what works for you.

The good thing about o-rings is that you do get a tighter taper. When I first began, I t-taped every single day and the taper was pretty good and snug. As I started experimenting with other devices and slacking off from my regular schedule, the taper started to disappear. I think I would have flaccid coverage now if I had been more diligent. Lots of guys claim that after they've finished, the new skin will pucker up at the tip no matter what method they used. So, if you're concerned about a tight taper, I would recommend always wearing an o-ring, even at the gym.

This isn't about body modification as much as it is about getting some feeling back. There are a lot of freakish body mods out there but they're done for their shock effect as much as anything, foreskin restoration is about being whole again.

bigbrick

Experimental Member
Media
Hi just enough, I don't post often but your post spurred me to write.

I had always heard that the glans was the most sensitive part of the penis and I knew mine wasn't that sensitive. By the time I was entering middle age it was getting downright numb. I started looking into it and came up with the same idea you did. Well, I have used o-rings for several years. They are easy and achieve the short term goal of increased sensitivity quickly. They have not achieved much in the way of permanent coverage quickly, however. But they are a good easy place to start.

I would be happy to converse with you about some of the changes I have experienced, and where I am heading currently in my restoration P.M. me if you would like to know more.

Reactions: oliverrevilo

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
justenough2bebig said:
I'm a 37 year old. Over the past 10 years I have noticed a marked decrease in senstitivity of my penis.

Hi Pete,

My experience is very similar to yours. I put a few pictures in my profile so everyone can see that I'm a few years older than you, but still fit, not gym rat fit--I got kind of bored with throwing weights around. Maybe I should get back to it, but I ride my bike to work everyday and can go fifteen miles in the heat anytime.

I know Chico rides a bike too and have seen pictures showing that he is fit. This brings me to my next point.

Why are relatively young guys--fit and healthy in other respects, not able to get enough sensation to achieve orgasm, at least within a reasonable period of time, and without making sexual partners sore or lose interest? Have you ever heard of Occam's Razor?

In the last several years of foreskin restoration, I have achieved much better orgasms, although sometimes it still takes too long. I now realize that I have been robbed of sexual pleasure my whole life because orgasms now are more pleasurable than when I was in my teens.

So yes, foreskin expansion, causing new cell growth by any means possible is a worthwhile pursuit. However, based on your description and your dick picture, expect it to be a long term process. Circumcision is a highly variable chop job. Also, the idiot "doc" has no possible way of knowing a man's adult dimensions.

When I was married at twenty-eight, I could barely feel intercourse. That was the beginning of wondering what the hell? At thirty-seven I could barely orgasm. After rubbing myself raw, it was just splat, that's it.

Unfortunately, restoration is no panacea for circumcision. Some structures are lost forever to the knife:

http://research.cirp.org/

But just starting "recovery" is the beginning of a long process of rehabilitation. When bike riding, I thought it was normal getting a red and abraded glans corona and urinary opening. Using tape to keep my glans inside my remaining shaft skin gave relief and got me started. I was willing to restore on the basis of comfort alone, but there are other benefits.

I'm reading A Surgical Temptation by Robert Darby right now. I got it from Amazon when it was first published a year ago, but have just got around to reading it. I'm kind of overloaded on the whole topic of genital cutting. A Surgical Temptation is a very detailed history of circumcision, showing that we owe our current widespread practice of this surgery to the ascension of nineteeth century surgeons over the clergy. They took control of male sexuality with surgery where the clergy had failed with hellfire. For them masturbation was the beginning of mental and physical decay up to and including death. Boys and young men had to be stopped from self-abuse at any cost. Circumcision was both punitive and (they believed) an effective control measure.

Has anything changed in a hundred+ years?

I wish Chester could do something about this upside down situation:

http://morphmaster.com/chester.htm

justenough2bebig

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
bigbrick said:
Hi just enough, I don't post often but your post spurred me to write.

I had always heard that the glans was the most sensitive part of the penis and I knew mine wasn't that sensitive. By the time I was entering middle age it was getting downright numb. I started looking into it and came up with the same idea you did. Well, I have used o-rings for several years. They are easy and achieve the short term goal of increased sensitivity quickly. They have not achieved much in the way of permanent coverage quickly, however. But they are a good easy place to start.

I would be happy to converse with you about some of the changes I have experienced, and where I am heading currently in my restoration P.M. me if you would like to know more.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your post. I gotta tell you that hearing these stories from other guys has been a huge relief to me. I was starting to wonder if there were psycologic issues behind my performance problems. I'd enjoy chatting with you sometime to hear what worked and what didn't for you. Regarding the o-rings, from what I hear they are good for getting started but you need to move onto other methods to "complete the job". Thanks again!

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
justenough2bebig said:
I was starting to wonder if there were psychologic issues behind my performance problems.

That's what I was getting at with the Occam's Razor comment. Occam's Razor is the proposition that the simplest explanation is the most likely.

Why dream up some complicated psychological explanation when the physical one will do?

Good luck on beginning your restoration.

justenough2bebig

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
dxjnorto said:
Hi Pete,

My experience is very similar to yours. I put a few pictures in my profile so everyone can see that I'm a few years older than you, but still fit, not gym rat fit--I got kind of bored with throwing weights around. Maybe I should get back to it, but I ride my bike to work everyday and can go fifteen miles in the heat anytime.

I know Chico rides a bike too and have seen pictures showing that he is fit. This brings me to my next point.

Why are relatively young guys--fit and healthy in other respects, not able to get enough sensation to achieve orgasm, at least within a reasonable period of time, and without making sexual partners sore or lose interest? Have you ever heard of Occam's Razor?

In the last several years of foreskin restoration, I have achieved much better orgasms, although sometimes it still takes too long. I now realize that I have been robbed of sexual pleasure my whole life because orgasms now are more pleasurable than when I was in my teens.

So yes, foreskin expansion, causing new cell growth by any means possible is a worthwhile pursuit. However, based on your description and your dick picture, expect it to be a long term process. Circumcision is a highly variable chop job. Also, the idiot "doc" has no possible way of knowing a man's adult dimensions.

When I was married at twenty-eight, I could barely feel intercourse. That was the beginning of wondering what the hell? At thirty-seven I could barely orgasm. After rubbing myself raw, it was just splat, that's it.

Unfortunately, restoration is no panacea for circumcision. Some structures are lost forever to the knife:

http://research.cirp.org/

But just starting "recovery" is the beginning of a long process of rehabilitation. When bike riding, I thought it was normal getting a red and abraded glans corona and urinary opening. Using tape to keep my glans inside my remaining shaft skin gave relief and got me started. I was willing to restore on the basis of comfort alone, but there are other benefits.

I'm reading A Surgical Temptation by Robert Darby right now. I got it from Amazon when it was first published a year ago, but have just got around to reading it. I'm kind of overloaded on the whole topic of genital cutting. A Surgical Temptation is a very detailed history of circumcision, showing that we owe our current widespread practice of this surgery to the ascension of nineteeth century surgeons over the clergy. They took control of male sexuality with surgery where the clergy had failed with hellfire. For them masturbation was the beginning of mental and physical decay up to and including death. Boys and young men had to be stopped from self-abuse at any cost. Circumcision was both punitive and (they believed) an effective control measure.

Has anything changed in a hundred+ years?

I wish Chester could do something about this upside down situation:

http://morphmaster.com/chester.htm

It would be interesting to learn more about the historical reasons leading to the practice. Overall, I don't blame my parents. Dads want their sons to look like them. Additionally, I was a self-conscious kid by nature, and I think it would have been tough for me to have been the only uncircumcised guy in my class.

I've got my o-rings on order...I am a grower and have a fair amount of loose skin near the cut, so hopefully it will be a good place to start. I am a patient guy when I set my mind to something so keeping fingers crossed.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
justenough2bebig said:
Dads want their sons to look like them. Additionally, I was a self-conscious kid by nature, and I think it would have been tough for me to have been the only uncircumcised guy in my class.

True that. Once it gets started it takes on a life of its own. The book explains that it was only ever done on babies and young children. This must be why the appearance thing does not work in reverse. Dads don't mind if junior doesn't have something they have, but they don't want junior to have something they don't(?) Fathers are sometimes competitive with their sons in weird ways. My dad surely was.

I know a guy my age who is intact though, and he is very proud of it. He did have this little spiel that he would launch into reflexively, being the only normal kid among us. "My parents say it will be more sensitive." Wise parents. How I would like to change places with him now. He has copious foreskin--definitely makes his penis larger. Well, it is his penis, you know what I mean.

I can't figure out why we always mentally divide the penis up in parts when it is all one thing. The foreskin would go in the middle of where the scar is.

Now I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to keep the poor thing working for the next half lifetime. I wonder how many years the average circ takes off a guy's sex life?

flnkdguy

Experimental Member
Media
justenough2bebig said:
I've got my o-rings on order...I am a grower and have a fair amount of loose skin near the cut, so hopefully it will be a good place to start. I am a patient guy when I set my mind to something so keeping fingers crossed.

Good luck with it...I am also a grower and have very good coverage from O-ring usage. I even had a physical recently where the doc thought I was un-cut at first! I'm still awaiting the magical "de-keratinization" that is supposed to happen eventually, but I have better sensitivity at 40 than I did at 35.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
justenough2bebig said:
It would be interesting to learn more about the historical reasons leading to the practice.
As well as Darby's "A Surgical Temptation" (more bout the UK experience), Leonard Glick's "Marked in Your Flesh" is very good on what happened in the US. For a chronology, see circumsititions.com

Dads want their sons to look like them.
There's a cartoon that answers that. It'd be a pretty sick wish if it were any other part of the body; what's special about this one? You have expressed it truthfully in terms of the father's wishes/insecurities, rather than pretend, as so many do, that the kid wants parts of his body cut off to match his dad.

Additionally, I was a self-conscious kid by nature, and I think it would have been tough for me to have been the only uncircumcised guy in my class.
I went through that, and it innoculated me against following the crowd, and made me stronger.

flnkdguy

Experimental Member
Media
dxjnorto said:
An infant can barely focus his eyes. All he knows is it's mean and it hurts. Mingling sex and pain is child abuse.

When my son was born, my wife shared the room with another mother who had also just had a son. They happened to do his circ in a little side room while I was there visiting my own family. Hearing that little boy scream was all I needed to hear to confirm that we did the right thing, leaving him intact. His parents giggled uncomfortably while it was going on, like it was a "manly" thing the baby was going thru. They didn't even have the BALLS to be in the same room with their boy while he was being circed. I wanted to punch them both for being such a**holes. My son slept peacefully next to his mom on his first day of life. Theirs was in pain and shock. Is that how we express parental love?

tzkin

1st Like
Media
Pete,
I was not the tightest cut guy but one day, during a rather heated jo session, I tore my frenulum. it hurt like hell for a week but eventually healed. I wished I could lossen my skin some more and ever since high school (when I saw my first skin) i knew I wanted a foreskin. In my middle forties, I heard of men stretching their existing skin and "restoring" their foreskins. This was before computers were very popular and I go on a list of restoring men and we wrote letters. I compared notes with many and actually phoned up a few and we remain friends today. My restoration took place on and off over ten years.I have figured that the actual time stretching was about 3 years. I statrted withe the BUFF method and graduated to a homemade pvc female to female coupling and used elastic down my leg to a foot strap until I was mostly covered when soft and about half covered when hard, (I'm 7.5 x 5.5 inches with a fairly big head at 6.25 inches in diameter) After using the pvc pipe (taping it to my existing skin) to this point, I noticed that my now moist foreskin made it downright impossible to tape to. I had to dry it out and expose my now sensitive glans for hours. I then heard about the tug-a hoy device that uses suction to pull on the skin. I didn't want to pay $150 for that and found that guys were making similar devices out of baby nipples and ear syringes. I made mine and found I could really stretch the skin better. Like a Chinese handcuff, the more tension you put on these, the tighter the grip. After another 6 months of stretching, I got to one of my goals...covered while hard! I will try to extend my skin even further this winter to get another inch of overhang. One cannot have too much foreskin! I am now enjoying cumming in my skin , a very sensitive glans and inner foreskin and full-body orgasms, which I had never before experienced. Sex has definitely gotten better. If you'd like more details please write me at:tzkin@yahoo.com. I'd also be willing to call you but write me first. Also check out this website which can link you to all sorts of other sites:http://www.infocirc.org/rest-e.htm
-tzkin

hrconsulttex

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Pete, I'm in just about the same situation. 32, gay, mostly top, and from your pics, looks like very similarly hung. I've noticed a decrease in sensitivity, and more unsatisfying sexual experiences than I'd care to admit as a result. I've been thinking about starting to restore lately myself. Fortunately I don't have an extremely tight cut, and even when fully hard have a nice amount of skin movement along the shaft. When flaccid, I can easily pull the skin up completely over the head, without much pushing of the penis back into my body.

Have you started yours yet? It's been a few weeks since the last post in this thread but I was just curious if you'd like to update on how things were going.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
HR,

It sounds like you would have good results. I was very tightly cut and have spent several years getting to the stage you describe yourself in without having started.

Get going. Most resources are easily searchable on the web.

hrconsulttex

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
dxjnorto, after discovering this site earlier today I've been doing a lot reading on this topic on various threads. I had no idea how much worse my circumcision could have been until now. I am fortunate to have a mostly, if not nearly fully, intact frenulum, which is still attached to the glans.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement, and the informative posts here. I'm planning to start on this very soon.