Need help/advice

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by iluv2xlr8, Nov 15, 2010.

1. iluv2xlr8

iluv2xlr8 Member

So i'm in a conundrum. As of late, I been slowly realizing that I'm growing more and more disinterested in the group of friends that I hang with. I feel bad because they've done nothing wrong, and I really don't want to stop hanging out with them. I'm just past the point of wanting to go out and get drunk ALL THE TIME. I'm going through a phase where I'm trying to better myself as a person in various areas, and I would like to be around like minded people. My current group of friends are wicked fun, but they don't stimulate me mentally. Any suggestions on how I can maintain my current friendships as well as create a "mastermind" group so to speak?

P.S. My interests are philosophy, travel, and quantum physics if that helps.

2. Woody110

Woody110 Active Member

I would say don't make a big deal out it. If you do, you may upset your group of friends and give them the idea you find them inadequate. Why not just get out there and meet new people then see what develops. It'll take a while to cultivate new friendships which is good - your current mates won't feel like they're being dropped if it's a slow process. Hopefully you'll reach a balance of mentally-stimulating friends and ones who are just a good laugh. And if anyone has a problem with you expanding your horizons - well, I'd have to wonder how good a mate they are. All the best!

3. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Nothing wrong with keeping your current friends, just don't hang out with them as often. No need to give them any reason. As far as making new friends, just try to involve yourself in activites that fit your personality and hobbies. Google search your city and one of your hobbies, see if you can't find anything that interests you that you didn't know was there.

4. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Meetup.com might be a good idea.

5. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Cocaine

6. iluv2xlr8

iluv2xlr8 Member

Thats an amazing website. Thanks for the find!

7. iluv2xlr8

iluv2xlr8 Member

And thank you all for the advice. Hick, I'm more of a 420 guy, lol.

8. haulthat

haulthat Member

Albums:
    Treat them like a drug. The prescription kind, not the nasty shit you hate cause its killing you. Ween off them slowly, while starting to chill with other people. I'm sure you love em in some way or they wouldn't be your friends, but people change. Doesn't mean you have to grow completely apart or burn ur bridges behind you. I'm with tattood mama. You don't have to choose between your friends or new ones, u just have to shift their priority and frequency in your life to a place you like.

Draft saved Draft deleted