mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by DanLaCanada@Jun 5 2005, 05:30 PM
prison tattoos=prison time.
[post=318139]Quoted post[/post]​

Mmm-hmm. And every guy with a kanji character on his body speaks fluent Japanese.

I understand you feel threatened, but you're still judging the guy based on his appearance.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
not only that, but Attila the Homeowner also admits to having done time himself, from which you'd think he'd know better. I've done 4 terms in jail and military prison (and 1 juve det), but until I get caught doing something illegal, I'm not a criminal either. you might not like the look of the guy, but anyone using terms like "lower life form" without irony should expect to be laughed at.

B_werfghj

Experimental Member
Media
guys, in the tattoo "culture" certain tattoos mean certain things,
I am fully sleaved, I think I know a little about the subject.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by DanLaCanada@Jun 5 2005, 10:55 PM
[post=318199]Quoted post[/post]​

Look, what it comes down to is this:
  1. You saw this guy.
  2. You then decided he was a "low-life" that had previously served time -- and deserved to serve more.
What you're claiming is that your inference was justified -- apparently because being sleeved confers knowledge of the tattoo culture.

What I'm claiming is that inferring that he had previously served time is a shaky shaky inference (though not having seen the tattoo myself, I'll cut you some slack here. Maybe it said "I was at Folsom from 1994 to 2001.") But judging that he deserves to return to prison based on his appearance is never justified, prejudicial, and wholly offensive.

Your opening post in this thread reflects poorly on you, but your continued defense of it is especially unfortunate.

B_werfghj

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by mindseye+Jun 5 2005, 10:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mindseye &#064; Jun 5 2005, 10:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-DanLaCanada@Jun 5 2005, 10:55 PM
[post=318199]Quoted post[/post]​

Look, what it comes down to is this:
  1. You saw this guy.
  2. You then decided he was a "low-life" that had previously served time -- and deserved to serve more.
What you&#39;re claiming is that your inference was justified -- apparently because being sleeved confers knowledge of the tattoo culture.

What I&#39;m claiming is that inferring that he had previously served time is a shaky shaky inference (though not having seen the tattoo myself, I&#39;ll cut you some slack here. Maybe it said "I was at Folsom from 1994 to 2001.") But judging that he deserves to return to prison based on his appearance is never justified, prejudicial, and wholly offensive.

Your opening post in this thread reflects poorly on you, but your continued defense of it is especially unfortunate.
[post=318222]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

so basically what I&#39;m getting here, is that it is OK for people to be Gangmembers?
thats ok? I have no problem with people who have been in jail, I have..
I do how ever take issue with people that are in street gangs.
I have seen first hand the damage it causes to familys and to communities.
what am I saying that is so outrageous?
the intimidation of citizens has got to stop.
like I said in my previous posts, that in my opinion, street gangs are no different than terrorist groups.
fine, if that offends you, take issue with it. it is my opinion.
why you are getting on the side of criminals - ACTIVE - criminals, is beyond me.
but you are entitled to your opinion,
even though for me, it reflects poorly on you.
DLC

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sheesh, Dr. Rock was completely right about you missing the point.

You are still arguing that the man is a current criminal, but you have posted no evidence of this at all.

So far, this is what you&#39;ve told us about the man:
  • He "comes into her work, and asks her out". This is legal.
  • "he comes in again, and gives her a rose, and tells her he is in love with her". A little creepy, but still legal.

You haven&#39;t told us what he&#39;s done that&#39;s illegal and worthy of more jail time; what you have said (and what I&#39;m asking you again to justify) is that you know based on a tattoo that he got sometime in the past that he&#39;s a criminal today.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by mindseye@Jun 5 2005, 03:56 PM
Mmm-hmm. And every guy with a kanji character on his body speaks fluent Japanese.
[post=318164]Quoted post[/post]​
Don&#39;t most of those kanji tattoos say "baka gaijin" or something like that?

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Hmmm. Rock and Heath, I think a similar point has flown high and wide over your heads too. Get into his shoes for a moment. He&#39;s got a dude trying to creep on his wife and that makes him very uncomfortable for several obvious reasons. One, that&#39;s his missus and the guy shouldn&#39;t front like this. Two, his wife is in a situation that compromises her safety and he wants to make sure this guy is dealt with properly.

Fighting over the guy&#39;s alleged or real criminal status isn&#39;t really acknowledging the tension Dan&#39;s in while trying to make sure his wife is protected. As far as I can tell, nobody really questions a "threat" until it has been addressed. However he may phrase it, I think there&#39;s a good bit of worry, maybe even fear, at dealing with this clown.

(I don&#39;t buy tough exteriors all that often, you know.)

Furthermore -- and trust me on this -- it doesn&#39;t make it any easier to solicit help or share feelings only to feel backed in a corner. I think you guys weren&#39;t being deliberately hurtful about your remarks, but it&#39;s never easy to be the one in a two-on-one situation. That just arouses the impulse to attack and all that does is just generate even more unnecessary heat.

So, if you can&#39;t beat him with logic or persuasion, simply acknowledge that he&#39;s worried about his wife and that things will probably turn out for the best. Wish him luck. Give him a pat. Just don&#39;t use his worry as a platform to make yourselves sound more astute. :D

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The guy&#39;s going to be persistent there, Dan, and if he can&#39;t take a subtle verbal hint like "back off I&#39;m married" or "I&#39;ll call the police" then maybe next time you should consider a more direct approach. For me it&#39;d be a Louisville Slugger upside his cranium if he went after your wife yet a 3rd time, or maybe even some kind of spray, in particular hot pepper spray.

B_werfghj

Experimental Member
Media
Thanks Dee, and friends..
well he showed up again at her work last nite...
still think its harmless??
thats three nights in a row...
in my opinion your saying I should wait till he assaults or rapes her until i form a opinion on his charactor..
LET ME POSE THIS QUESTION TO YOU BOTH:
IF YOU HAD CHILDREN,
WOULD YOU FEEL OK IF A 3 TIMES CONVICTED PEDOPHILE MOVED IN NEXT DOOR TO YOU?
- I MEAN, HE DID HIS TIME, HE ISN&#39;T A CRIMINAL NOW...
RIGHT?
THINK ABOUT THAT&#33; :p

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by DeeBlackthorne@Jun 6 2005, 02:28 AM
Hmmm. Rock and Heath, I think a similar point has flown high and wide over your heads too. Get into his shoes for a moment. He&#39;s got a dude trying to creep on his wife and that makes him very uncomfortable for several obvious reasons. One, that&#39;s his missus and the guy shouldn&#39;t front like this. Two, his wife is in a situation that compromises her safety and he wants to make sure this guy is dealt with properly.

I understand that he feels threatened -- and with good reason. According to Dan, he&#39;s already called the police -- so the threat is being dealt with by people who are in a position to do something about it.

What irks me is the knee-jerk reaction that he made in the first post (and then subsequently putting words in my mouth like "I support gangs" in order to demonize my position.) I&#39;ll fully admit that I argued this point longer than I should have -- either he&#39;s missing it or he&#39;s unwilling to address it, and my pressing the matter doesn&#39;t help.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In fact, I hereby apologize to Dan for taking advantage of an emotionally stressful situation for him to make a point.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
The fact that the guy doesn&#39;t respect her enough to back off despite her wishes, that he can&#39;t take "no" for an answer, and that it takes Dan and police intervention IS a compromise of safety. The easy "guy" answer is to beat the crap out of the guy, but it&#39;s a much more sensitive issue when put into a female perspective -- the guy&#39;s really pressing her boundaries and putting her into a compromised position. Maybe Missus Dan can hold her own and pummel the guy, but that&#39;s not the point; it&#39;s a matter of personal disrespect, and being sensitive to gender, recognizing that he&#39;s trying to assert himself upon her in some unpleasant way.