Need help coming to terms with circumcision

ShyGuy321

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So about a month ago I found out about the details of what circumcision does. I've taken it pretty badly so far. I wish I had just remained ignorant about it. I was cut at birth. However I was left with quite a bit of foreskin. I must've had a partial circumcision. When I'm flaccid I'm a bit past the CI-6 mark. In certain positions such as sitting I can approach the CI-7 mark. And the skin goes back down the shaft a bit when I'm fully erect but I can still pull it up over the head nearly completely so I've always just used my foreskin to masturbate and don't need lube. I've never had sex but I love masturbation. It has always felt so good to me and I love edging for hours when I'm aroused.

However after reading all of the doom and gloom about missing nerves and such it has consumed my mind. Has my whole life been a lie? Have I just thought I enjoyed masturbation? Am I broken? As silly as that sounds that is my mindset. Even though I've been perfectly content my whole life I have had a random thought about suicide though I'd never act on it.

I'd really like to hear from people that were cut as adults. Is the difference drastic? Am I missing out on something essential? Or is the difference minimal? I'd really just love to have something to ease my mind. I can't really talk about this with people I know irl. I'm just tired of the constant thoughts filling my mind every day. I want to be able to relax.

I know I shouldn't be focusing on this so much but I can't help it.

Reactions: halcyondays and Wei

Sorry to hear you had a difficult time with this man! I’m sure the guys you asked for will be chipping in soon enough, but perhaps it’s good to hear more perspectives.

I for example would much rather be cut. As a teenager my glans sensitivity was so bad I couldn’t even touch it without feeling real pain. Took me two years to get to a more comfortable level which was when I was 18 / 19 years old and wasn’t even able to roll the skin back till then. I felt missarable about the whole thing. And I still have a tight forskin that sometimes rolls up behind the head making it feel very uncomfortable. I’m often thinking about getting a circumcision since I think I probably benefit from it.

I’m not sure about the missing nerves thing, I thought it was more about losing a bit of sensitivity at the head. But it doesn’t sound like you’re missing out on anything! You’ve Always loved masturbating and edging for hours which is what every cut or uncut man would enjoy! Perhaps you should look at it like this, since you probably had a partial circumcision you can still masturbate like being uncut. And your glans is still pretty sensitive. Some who are circumcised have had a very tight circumcision which makes getting erect even painful. But this is not my field of expertise. I guess I’m just trying to say there’s more to it.

I hope you can let this rest soon and just enjoy what you have and I’m sure the adult cut guys will be able to tell you what you’ve not been missing out on ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gj816

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
What you are experiencing has nothing to do with your penis and everything to do with your mind. Please, seek professional help to learn how to deal with a very minor issue that has now become a very major psychological obsession. This is possibly a form of OCD, and can be debilitating if left untreated.

You were healthy and happy before you were told something, and now are so upset you have contemplated suicide. This is no joke, and it also isn't the place for a circumcision/no-circumcision debate, which a bunch here will try to start.

ShyGuy321

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorry to hear you had a difficult time with this man! I’m sure the guys you asked for will be chipping in soon enough, but perhaps it’s good to hear more perspectives.

I for example would much rather be cut. As a teenager my glans sensitivity was so bad I couldn’t even touch it without feeling real pain. Took me two years to get to a more comfortable level which was when I was 18 / 19 years old and wasn’t even able to roll the skin back till then. I felt missarable about the whole thing. And I still have a tight forskin that sometimes rolls up behind the head making it feel very uncomfortable. I’m often thinking about getting a circumcision since I think I probably benefit from it.

I’m not sure about the missing nerves thing, I thought it was more about losing a bit of sensitivity at the head. But it doesn’t sound like you’re missing out on anything! You’ve Always loved masturbating and edging for hours which is what every cut or uncut man would enjoy! Perhaps you should look at it like this, since you probably had a partial circumcision you can still masturbate like being uncut. And your glans is still pretty sensitive. Some who are circumcised have had a very tight circumcision which makes getting erect even painful. But this is not my field of expertise. I guess I’m just trying to say there’s more to it.

I hope you can let this rest soon and just enjoy what you have and I’m sure the adult cut guys will be able to tell you what you’ve not been missing out on ;)
Interesting to hear from someone that would like to be cut. And you are right in that I could have it a lot worse. Having a painful erection would be terrible. I'm going to try and be more positive.

What you are experiencing has nothing to do with your penis and everything to do with your mind. Please, seek professional help to learn how to deal with a very minor issue that has now become a very major psychological obsession. This is possibly a form of OCD, and can be debilitating if left untreated.

You were healthy and happy before you were told something, and now are so upset you have contemplated suicide. This is no joke, and it also isn't the place for a circumcision/no-circumcision debate, which a bunch here will try to start.

I've been thinking the same thing. I've always suspected that I might have a form of OCD or something similar. I spend too much time focusing on details and worrying about them. This has just hit me the hardest for some reason.

This might sound strange but just admitting that my mind is what's at fault here makes me feel better. I don't really want to seek out a professional though. I'm not very well off financially and that stuff isn't cheap. I just wanted to talk with someone. I'm a shy person and I keep to myself most of the time. So for the vast majority of the day it's just me and my thoughts. And I'm sorry for posting a topic like this here. I guess this wasn't the best place. Also starting a debate over circumcision wasn't my intention but I can see how this topic would lead directly to that. Thank you for your reply.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Interesting to hear from someone that would like to be cut. And you are right in that I could have it a lot worse. Having a painful erection would be terrible. I'm going to try and be more positive.

I've been thinking the same thing. I've always suspected that I might have a form of OCD or something similar. I spend too much time focusing on details and worrying about them. This has just hit me the hardest for some reason.

This might sound strange but just admitting that my mind is what's at fault here makes me feel better. I don't really want to seek out a professional though. I'm not very well off financially and that stuff isn't cheap. I just wanted to talk with someone. I'm a shy person and I keep to myself most of the time. So for the vast majority of the day it's just me and my thoughts. And I'm sorry for posting a topic like this here. I guess this wasn't the best place. Also starting a debate over circumcision wasn't my intention but I can see how this topic would lead directly to that. Thank you for your reply.
It definitely isn't cheap, but you may have access to help at reduced or no cost. It's at least worth investigating. A call to your doctor, or any local doctor, or to a nearby hospital or behavioral health facility may get you leads.

No apologies! Your issue is real and legitimate. I wish you well.

Wei

Admired Member
Media
Monterey Park (California, United States)
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Are you medically qualified to be dispensing this advice? How do you know it has "nothing to do with [his] penis and everything to do with [his] mind" ?

stax 68

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
... I'm a shy person and I keep to myself most of the time. So for the vast majority of the day it's just me and my thoughts.

The vast majority of people are shy and keep to themselves...it's easier to do that than to get a bus or subway
and actually interact with people.

"So for the vast majority of the day it's just me and my thoughts."

This is called ruminating and it can be dangerous to your mental health...as you have no other opinions or feedback.

ruminateing depression - Google Search

Reactions: Gj816 and Wei

Hairylegs

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
"So about a month ago I found out about the details of what circumcision does." [It turns your elephant trunk into a sleek, sweet smelling, high power, streamlined torpedo of love, IMHO]
"However after reading all of the doom and gloom about missing nerves and such it has consumed my mind. Has my whole life been a lie?" [Nope, even if you think it has]

Bud, I'm not a psychiatrist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. From what you are writing, you retain most of your foreskin. I think you've got some issues here that go way, way beyond the intensity of your orgasms when you jerk off, and if you are being honest with us, you need some professional help. How do you know that even half of the stuff the "no circ" clique is feeding you is even half accurate? YOU DON'T! These guys, for their own weird reasons, want you to believe you are defective and that you should be angry about it. You are not defective, but clearly you are getting angry about nothing. I am in the medical field. I won't tell you what I do to pay my mortgage, but let's just say I'm pretty far up the totem pole. I have never, ever met an adult man who needed a circ, went through the procedure, and came back to tell me he was mutilated, and it's horrible, and he can't feel anything, he should never have done it. Invariably, the come back preferring their cut status. They do say it feels different, which is probably something that I as a cut adult can relate to. I can say that my jerking off does not feel the same as when I have penetrative vagi-sex, or when a guy blows me to orgasm, or on those rare naughty occasions when Mr Top goes bareback to completion. All I can say is that my dick gets hard, all too often, I have penetrated many orifices in my day, and slimed my right hand more than it deserves, and felt good afterwards. Really good. Sometimes better than other times. Yeah, different acts feel different, some better than others. But you have not been lied to, and really, you should talk to a professional about it. And if you are fibbing to us, please, find another topic to opine on.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Are you medically qualified to be dispensing this advice? How do you know it has "nothing to do with [his] penis and everything to do with [his] mind" ?

Are you really so fuckng petty that you'll cross-post your grudge with me to jump into a thread where the OP has considered suicide?

Suggesting the OP get professional help rather than hoping anonymous internet people will fix severe anxiety and suicidal thoughts is the overriding point of my reply to him.

Wei

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Are you really so fuckng petty that you'll cross-post your grudge with me to jump into a thread where the OP has considered suicide?

No, I don't have a grudge with you. Perhaps you're confusing me with another poster? I just asked if you're medically qualified to be dispensing this advice - especially as the OP has considered suicide. I would have thought that it's rather too serious to be telling him that it's everything to do with his mind and nothing to do with his penis. You simply don't know that.

Suggesting the OP get professional help rather than hoping anonymous internet people will fix severe anxiety and suicidal thoughts is the overriding point of my reply to him.

That's great. And if you'd left it at that there'd be no issue, and I for one would be giving you full support in your statement urging him to get professional help. Unless you're medically qualified to do so, trying to diagnoze him on the forum on such a complex issue, really isn't a very sensible thing to be doing. Particularly as he has considered suicide.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
No, I don't have a grudge with you. Perhaps you're confusing me with another poster? I just asked if you're medically qualified to be dispensing this advice - especially as the OP has considered suicide. I would have thought that it's rather too serious to be telling him that it's everything to do with his mind and nothing to do with his penis. You simply don't know that.

That's great. And if you'd left it at that there'd be no issue, and I for one would be giving you full support in your statement urging him to get professional help. Unless you're medically qualified to do so, trying to diagnoze him on the forum on such a complex issue, really isn't a very sensible thing to be doing. Particularly as he has considered suicide.
I didn't state or imply that I'm an MD, so my opinion is no different than anyone else's here. Any reasonable person would see and understand this, as well as what you're doing. You aren't providing help for the OP, only continuing to derail the thread.

Wei

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I didn't state or imply that I'm an MD, so my opinion is no different than anyone else's here. Any reasonable person would see and understand this, as well as what you're doing. You aren't providing help for the OP, only continuing to derail the thread.

I'm certainly not doing that. I'm a reasonable person and believe it isn't right for you to be making such a statement to a vulnerable person. Whether you stated or implied that you're an MD, it isn't a good idea to be telling him that it's everything to do with his mind and nothing to do with his penis. As I said, you simply don't know that.

FootballBro25

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So about a month ago I found out about the details of what circumcision does. I've taken it pretty badly so far. I wish I had just remained ignorant about it. I was cut at birth. However I was left with quite a bit of foreskin. I must've had a partial circumcision. When I'm flaccid I'm a bit past the CI-6 mark. In certain positions such as sitting I can approach the CI-7 mark. And the skin goes back down the shaft a bit when I'm fully erect but I can still pull it up over the head nearly completely so I've always just used my foreskin to masturbate and don't need lube. I've never had sex but I love masturbation. It has always felt so good to me and I love edging for hours when I'm aroused.

However after reading all of the doom and gloom about missing nerves and such it has consumed my mind. Has my whole life been a lie? Have I just thought I enjoyed masturbation? Am I broken? As silly as that sounds that is my mindset. Even though I've been perfectly content my whole life I have had a random thought about suicide though I'd never act on it.

I'd really like to hear from people that were cut as adults. Is the difference drastic? Am I missing out on something essential? Or is the difference minimal? I'd really just love to have something to ease my mind. I can't really talk about this with people I know irl. I'm just tired of the constant thoughts filling my mind every day. I want to be able to relax.

If this is not a joke, I would seek professional mental help as soon as possible.

Reactions: Wei

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I'm certainly not doing that. I'm a reasonable person and believe it isn't right for you to be making such a statement to a vulnerable person. Whether you stated or implied that you're an MD, it isn't a good idea to be telling him that it's everything to do with his mind and nothing to do with his penis. As I said, you simply don't know that.
Great, you've written this twice. It doesn't make what I wrote any more of a professional diagnosis or less of the opinion of another member.

The OP was grateful for what I wrote and said it helped him a little. Perhaps drop this bickering and help him find affordable psychiatric help.

Wei

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Great, you've written this twice. It doesn't make what I wrote any more of a professional diagnosis or less of the opinion of another member.

The point surely is that it isn't a good idea to be telling him that it's everything to do with his mind and nothing to do with his penis though, is it? As I said, you simply don't know that.

The OP was grateful for what I wrote and said it helped him a little. Perhaps drop this bickering and help him find affordable psychiatric help.

That's basic politeness, isn't it? Better to leave medical advice to people qualified to dispense it. And it would be rather better if you had offered to find him affordable medical help, and made that offer at the very beginning, rather than again wrongly jumping to the conclusion that he needs psychiatric help.

ShyGuy321

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"So about a month ago I found out about the details of what circumcision does." [It turns your elephant trunk into a sleek, sweet smelling, high power, streamlined torpedo of love, IMHO]
"However after reading all of the doom and gloom about missing nerves and such it has consumed my mind. Has my whole life been a lie?" [Nope, even if you think it has]

Bud, I'm not a psychiatrist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. From what you are writing, you retain most of your foreskin. I think you've got some issues here that go way, way beyond the intensity of your orgasms when you jerk off, and if you are being honest with us, you need some professional help. How do you know that even half of the stuff the "no circ" clique is feeding you is even half accurate? YOU DON'T! These guys, for their own weird reasons, want you to believe you are defective and that you should be angry about it. You are not defective, but clearly you are getting angry about nothing. I am in the medical field. I won't tell you what I do to pay my mortgage, but let's just say I'm pretty far up the totem pole. I have never, ever met an adult man who needed a circ, went through the procedure, and came back to tell me he was mutilated, and it's horrible, and he can't feel anything, he should never have done it. Invariably, the come back preferring their cut status. They do say it feels different, which is probably something that I as a cut adult can relate to. I can say that my jerking off does not feel the same as when I have penetrative vagi-sex, or when a guy blows me to orgasm, or on those rare naughty occasions when Mr Top goes bareback to completion. All I can say is that my dick gets hard, all too often, I have penetrated many orifices in my day, and slimed my right hand more than it deserves, and felt good afterwards. Really good. Sometimes better than other times. Yeah, different acts feel different, some better than others. But you have not been lied to, and really, you should talk to a professional about it. And if you are fibbing to us, please, find another topic to opine on.

Thank you for this. Really. This has eased my mind a lot. I always tend to get caught up in the details and the main thing was that by not have that precious tip of the foreskin that I was missing out on some kind of unimaginable pleasure. But obviously going by what you wrote that isn't the case. I had let myself get caught up in reading about the magic "ridged band" and telling myself that I was missing out on tons of pleasure because of it. This might seem like a petty thing to get so worked up about but it's what happened.

And thanks to everyone else that replied. Just reading this has me feeling better. I've been working this up in my mind for weeks to be something that it's not.

Mikehard9

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

the way you describe the skin and you say you have foreskin - i dont think you need to compare yourself with circumcised guys .....

if youve been happy so far why start looking for a problem that dosent exist .

some foreskins are longer than others , they are all different .

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Thank you for sharing you feelings with us.
I hope that you're feeling better after reading the replies to your post. I'm sorry that you've felt so much grief over this.

It's real to you and that is what matters. The most important part is that you not become suicidal over this or anything else. Life is precious and we don't get a do over.

Talking about it and getting input from others can be very helpful. Your dick works, that's important. You enjoy masturbating and edging. So you are obviously getting pleasure out of it. Listening to other men who are bitter because they think they lost something when they were circ'd as infants will only exasperate you..

I agree with @ItsAll4Kim that it's in your mind. Not your penis. Your penis is working just as it's supposed to. It gets hard, feels good, and you can shoot off, and pee with it. That's what we do with our penis. We might sometimes listen to our little head when we should be listening to our big head.

I'm not in the position of a man who was circ'd after becoming a grown man. I was cut as an infant. I've never known anything different. To me that is normal. I'm certainly here to listen if you ever need to talk about it. Feel better and be glad that it works like it should. Good luck man.

AMTZ410213

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
In the simplest terms, it’s okay to have a feeling about something. Things only get crazy when you start having feelings about feelings. It’s perfectly reasonable to be unhappy about being circumcised when you didn’t have a choice about it. But it’s crazy to make yourself feel bad about being unhappy over your circumcision. Give yourself a break, feel your feelings and don’t let anyone or anything make you feel bad for having those feelings. Take care!