Need help finding a cup!

Darkryu

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So I'm getting back into training for MMA, Jiu-Jitsu(No Gi), Boxing, Kickboxing. Anyways, I didn't compete much aside from Boxing because of Protective Cup issues.

Obviously I'm an above average guy, why else would I be here? The problem is I can't find a cup big enough to help me. Now I can fit my stuff into the cup, but my head, and shaft very often will slip out of the cup when I'm flacid when grappling and sometimes when kicking. This becomes EXCRUCIATINGLY painful, when during, sweeps and takedowns. It leads me to tapping out when someone's ontop of me so I can adjust myself, or the pain distracts me allowing my opponent/sparring partner to get a submission on me.

Obviously I can't have this happening during competitions, which is why I haven't. I've talked to multiple trainers, but they either don't understand what it is I'm trying to say to them, or they just suggest I buy a larger Jock Strap(which every time I've done this means for a larger waist). I love fighting, and I really want to compete...this is the only thing holding me back(aside from me needing to get back in shape at this point).

Has anyone faced and overcome this issue? Or can help me in any way?

TuckMeUnder

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

G.man

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Mens Underwear, Men's Swimwear, Jockstraps, Mens Thongs, Briefs, Boxers, Athletic Supporters, Compression Shorts, Sports Brief

It dos some hard cups. The shock doctor one has a decent size to it, but there used to be other metal ones on there that had a much better cup size, although it wasn't as comfy (cause you had to tie it thong style).
Mine looked like this
Muay Thai Steel Cup Steel Groin Protector

There's another one by badboy, but I don't know if that's got the same depth

Good luck, and post pics ;)

illinigradman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would agree that you should take a look at the Nutty Buddy. They have different sized cups. You do wear them differently than most cups but they are comfortable and fit well. I also would suggest looking at the All Star cup jock on InternationalJock.com. Other than my OBC (which aren't sold anymore and sell used for over $100 if you can find them) the All Star is one of that largest cups I have seen. It is a good cup and I recommend it.

josty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If you're slipping out of the cup, the strap might be too loose. It should be pressed relatively firmly against your body. You shouldn't be able to "slip out" once you fit everything inside.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
One very obvious answer is not to wear JUST a cup strap. I always wear a regular Bike jock to wrap up my low hangers, THEN a cup jock on top of that; so I have on two jocks essentially. The other option is a regular Jock and a cup in compression shorts, but for kick boxing and the like, the cup doesn't really cling to your thighs to fully protect with that set up.
I tried a Bauer and Black jockey cup strap and because the leg straps are attached to the cup pouch, the whole cup pouch presses against your body and provides the best protection.

greyghost9

Experimental Member
Media
I found a cup that fit me perfect at sports authority i needed it for hockey, its compression shorts with a built in cup. Easton makes them, its has a large bulge and is longer then normal cups.

someguyinmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Skinny BJJ guy here.

The trick for me is to wear tight compression shorts over the jock strap. I had to try out several cups to find one I can squeeze into, but I've really found it's more about securing it in place after.

I have competition footage of a guy dropping his knee on my crotch during a standing pass the first time I wore a cup. I've worn one 100% of the time ever since. I don't even notice anymore.

I've worn one 100% of the time ever since. I don't even notice anymore.
Same here man. I've been doing Bjj both gi and no gi for years, mhuy thai, kick boxing and judo. The first time my cup saved my balls I wore it for every practice, tournament, and fight since.

I use a bike cup with a brief holder instead of jock strap that way its less likely to move and it keeps a secure seal around my cock and balls.

TuckMeUnder

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I would like to find the jock strap/cup in this pic. Any suggestions? I prefer to have fabric on the outside. [photo="medium"]1042897[/photo]

Thats a JOFA hockey protector. It's also sold by Reebok under their own brand name. Your picture is probably just a fetish photo -- hockey armor isn't really worn against bare skin like that.

22473204203_e0bb28d0ea_c.jpg

Bigbozak66

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Tuck....Thanks, I figured someone would know where to locate one.
I would think the bare skin would help ward against soap irritation due to heavy sweat...

Black_Frost

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
OMG Dude. Are you sure you really are doing MMA stuff?

Pair of compression shorts and a standard boxers cup over is what most guys wear. I think the cups are all the same size because it does not matter although there are probably some companies out there that will size your ego for you.

Depending upon the cup style, it certainly can matter.

Dojo where I used to train required all students to wear banana cups. I had one helluva time with them, as they were too small, uncomfortable as hell, and occasionally I'd partially fall out of them. Which was excruciating, when practicing or sparring. It's not such an issue with baseball cups, perhaps, but if you want protection from more than just a lateral hit, life can get more interesting.

Bigbozak66

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response