Need Help: How did you tell your parents your where gay?

thighboy

1st Like
Media
See, when i first came to terms with my gayness my plan was to wait until the subject kinda "came up" in conversation, but now a year older(18) and wiser i know that thats not going to happen. I didnt forsee how much effort it is to keep it under raps, it taking over my life, im fucking sick of it! . So what did you do when you came out, i want to do it A.S.A.P.

DAMP1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Just be honest, and re-assure your love for them. When I told my parents (and wife at the time) they were very hurt yet they reiterated their love for me as a person. That was a long, long, time ago.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When it feels the right time you will know, i got the adrenaline one day and decided it was time to tell. I started with my older sister first and then my younger sister. I asked them not to say anything. If they did then perhaps it would only make things easier.
I told my mum a couple weeks later, she told the rest of the family in the months afterwards. I never had to tell my dad as he was no longer in my life.

If you are ready now then great, don't risk anything tho if you think it might lead to the worst like being chucked out of home or anything. Be smart about it at least.

thighboy

1st Like
Media
Yeah iv got 5 older siblings and none younger, im fairly sure that they all have suspicsions. Also i think my mon knows too, and she must have told my grandparents cuz one day out nowhere! my 80 year old grand father said "any way one want to live your life, is fine with me" it wasnt in referance to anything in particular but i was shocked!. Those things make me think that already know but then, my parents also have shown signs that their dissaproving of gays, but not as warning to me or anything like that, just small random comments.

I know in the end that ill just sit em down and tell them stait out but when?. I want to tell them now, but you say wait for the right time... i dont think theres ever a good time to deliver this bomb:confused:

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The advice i've said many times before on here is to just find a casual moment when your parents (presuming they live together etc) are sat down watching TV etc. Don't use the cliche "We need to talk" as this gets peoples backs up and prepares them for bad news. You may be closer with one parent, and it may be easier to talk to one first and then the other afterwards. Keep in mind that they may be surprised to hear your news, so try to give them some time and don't take too much notice of any off the cuff remarks they may say. Best of luck, you're doing a remarkably brave thing :)

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
By the time I got to it my secon marriage was done with and my parents were dead. It made it a great deal easier. I don't know if I ever would have found the strength or nerve to tell them when they were alive but I think they may have suspected it even when I was married.

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
why discuss it? I never had to

(I'd be surprised if they don't already know, or at least suspect)

I get you on that.. HA HA!!

I mean I never had to tell my family that I was STRAIGHT..
Why make a big issue of being GAY..
It is YOUR business not theirs...RIGHT?
I mean THEY are not going to sleep with the guy that you are into... YOU are..

Hell, nine times outta ten, if you were straight ... Would they even like the women that you were with? You understand what I am getting at?

likes2seemore

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
well said D Girl...i mean, what if you had been born intersexed?would they not be able to accept you then. being gay is no different,you are what you were born...their child,just what God meant you to be...good luck, be proud,don't apoligize or even act like its anything to be ashamed of.