Need help with a 6-pack (not the liquid type, sorry)

Discussion in 'Show Off' started by jnp, Dec 25, 2007.

1. jnp

jnp New Member

I see alot of ripped guys on here with some killer abs, and I was just wondering what excersises y'all do to get a 6 pack. I'm doing 150 sit-ups a night, but its really not doing that great so far. Any suggestions?

2. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Exercise + eating right.

How's your diet? Keep it simple. Go easy on the junk food. Think of what you're eating as "fuel." Put good fuel in -- whole grains (multi-grain), fruits and vegetables, low-fat dairy and lean protein. Balanced meals and controlled portions will help minimize fat around your midsection, so that you're getting the best out of your crunches.

If you don't eat so well one day, exercise to make up the difference. Don't beat yourself up about it. Take your time and make your behaviors consistent so that your body can head into positive change.

3. lvsxy808

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think you look phenomenal as you are. You gave me a nice Christmas morning hardon, thanks!

4. Kimahri

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ya got nothing to worry about dude. You've got a nice body. You're on your way with the abs thing. Just watch what you eat and exercise more.

Advice I'm taking myself come January 2

5. Calcium

Calcium New Member

Albums:
    Start running, swimming, biking, anything that'll burn the fat. You can have weak, weak abs and still have a six-pack if you've got low body fat. Conversely, you can have a stomach you can break bricks on and still not see any muscle if you've got flab.

6. sweatyblackballs

sweatyblackballs New Member

Double it. 300 sit ups. Also don't just do them straight up, crunch on each side as well. Also get a chin-up bar and use that for about 100 reps in the morning.
    Leg-raises keeping your back flat on the floor.
    I am a Kickboxer so these are just some of the things I do daily. Thai/Kickboxing or just boxing are also very good for that abdominal area.

7. dustin7

dustin7 Member

When I was your age, I did 3 sets if crunches, leg raises, and side bends after the sit ups 3 days a week. Maybe I should be doing that routine again.

8. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    get on the warrior diet

9. sleepiboi

sleepiboi Member

it takes exercise & eat right, also you need cardio incorporated with the exercise

10. jnp

jnp New Member

Thanks for the comments everyone, especially DeeBlackThorne and lvsxy808. I only weigh around 145 so you can sorta see my 6pack just from being slim. I'm around 5'10, 5'11, so I should be able to get some results soon. I need to eat much better though. I eat anything I can throw in my mouth lol.

11. BostonMA

BostonMA New Member

keep the suggg coming i eat like crap but need to get back in the shape i used to be
    i never had to pay attention to diet and working out but i am about 10lbs wher ei used to be

it's like the hot chick in high school that never had to work on her loooks and as she gets older the looks fade and does not know how to get them back help me out
    :)

12. southernstud

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Core work, don't just focus on the abs. If you go to the gym, do work on a BOSU ball. Try doing various ab exercises. You also have to eat clean to have a 6 pack.

13. sdg475

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I would suggest straying away from the conventional crunch as well. Crunches are good, but they mostly work only one section of the abs. Take a look around the net for ab exercises, they're often seperated by the abdominal region that they work. Pick two or three from each section that you think you might like and make yourself a little routine. Just remember that the abs are like any other muscle and overtraining is not productive (overtraining has always been my problem--it's easier for me to preach that lesson than to follow it). Good luck.

14. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
  15. C.J

C.J New Member

I just eat right, take care of my body, and work out routinely. It's a hard achievement to get what you want, hell that's true for every part of the body. But just keep to a plan, and you'll eventually get the results you want. Good luck!

Draft saved Draft deleted