Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I finally decided to get a PSP (since the price has come down so much :tongue:) so I could play Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. I got both the handheld and the game and have been enjoying them immensely but I can't seem to find a good position that doesn't result in back ache after around 20 minutes of play.

I'm used to playing on a console while lounging on the couch so I'm not used to the strain of hunching over a screen for long periods. Could any handheld gamers recommend good positions for playing for long stretches without strain?

sumbodii

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Curled up in a big comfy chair, with the screen held up to your favoured viewing distance and your arms supported.

But what can I support my arms on? I can't get a table close enough while reclining and the arm rests are too far apart to comfortably hold the psp. Funny thing, after posting here I decided to try lying down flat on my back on the carpet and I lasted until now before fatigue set in on my arms. There has to be a perfect position I can hours of gaming out of, this game is just so good!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
When I curl up in a chair I tend to lean to one side so one elbow is on an arm rest and the other can rest comfortably against my hip. Maybe guys don't tend to sit like that, with legs curled under you, thinking about it it could be a bit bollock crushing.

TheBestYouCan

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I rescued an oompa-loompa from snoz-wanglers and vanicious kanids and , out of gratitude, he kneels or stands below me with his arms over his head to support my arms. The only thing is every once in a while he breaks into song which makes me miss cut-scenes or plot dialogue. I pay him in chocolate.

sumbodii

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I curl up in a chair I tend to lean to one side so one elbow is on an arm rest and the other can rest comfortably against my hip. Maybe guys don't tend to sit like that, with legs curled under you, thinking about it it could be a bit bollock crushing.

I just gave it a try and my bollocks are fine :p. Is actually a really comfy position. Playing at this angle feels a little awkward but I'm sure it's just the newness of it. This one will definitely be a keeper if I can get used to it, thanks.

I rescued an oompa-loompa from snoz-wanglers and vanicious kanids and , out of gratitude, he kneels or stands below me with his arms over his head to support my arms. The only thing is every once in a while he breaks into song which makes me miss cut-scenes or plot dialogue. I pay him in chocolate.

My good man, you are a genius. I'm sure I had a chocolate bar around here somewhere...

Last edited: