Need help with x-mas gift

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by D_Mongo Pubestrimmer, Dec 9, 2010.

1. D_Mongo Pubestrimmer

D_Mongo Pubestrimmer Account Disabled

hey I'm looking to buy a gift for my girlfriend for christmas, defintly some jewelry. And need some advice from a woman.

I'm not really sure of any good websites, so I'm using overstock

heres a link of what im looking to buy her,, any suggestions or advice would be helpful... Thanks!!

also im a college student so i do have a price range from 100- 250 or 300

Product Reviews: 14k Gold 1/10ct TDW Diamond Solitaire Necklace (H-I, I1-I2) | Overstock.com | Page 3

10k Gold Blue Topaz and 1/50ct TDW Diamond March Birthstone Heart Necklace (G-H, SI1-SI2) | Overstock.com

10k Gold Sky Blue Topaz and Diamond March Birthstone Heart Earrings | Overstock.com

2. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hmmm in that price range for what you are looking for you could also try a department store like jcp JCPenney : jewelry + watches : necklaces + pendants

or somewhere like Kohls
    Jewelry - Fine Jewelry & Accessories at Kohls.com

Zales which is a jewerly store
    http://www.zales.com/search/index.j...pe/Blue+Topaz&fbc=1&fbn=Stone+Type|Blue+Topaz

Reeds Jewerly
    http://www.reeds.com/Necklaces-cat8.html?f=18&fv=143

You can just google and pull up a bunch of places :) Everything you are looking at is very pretty.

#2 HiddenLacey, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2010
  3. D_Mongo Pubestrimmer

4. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's very pretty :)

Make sure you look at other stores to check that you are getting a good deal.

5. D_John Handcock

D_John Handcock Account Disabled

Albums:
  6. D_Mongo Pubestrimmer

o ya forgot about them thanks!

7. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    If I remember correctly, your girlfriend is Korean, right? The Tiffany's suggestion might be the best idea.

BTW, I think you are so sweet. :smile:

8. B_prettyswinggirl

B_prettyswinggirl New Member

If you haven't considered the Pandora Bracelets you may want to. Each bead has a different meaning and I've never seen more beautiful designs! Jareds.com carries them...

9. badgirl22

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I love my Pandora bracelet! It's great because you can keep giving her charms/beads for various occasions (or even no occasion).

10. D_Mongo Pubestrimmer

ya she is korean :D but why the Tiffany's I know girls love it but any specific reason??

and thank you :), i think your very sweet as well!!

11. Corkey

Corkey New Member

I don't know why you didn't look at e-bay auctions a few weeks/months ago:confused:

Did u just meet her ? You have to learn to shop around for good deals,,, hehe:eek: :biggrin1:

Just like paying bills. Don't pay them at the last "Minute".

12. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Well I could be totally wrong, but the Korean ladies I know love Tiffany's jewelry, so I thought that she might, too. Don't know if that's just the Korean ladies I know, or if that's universal. :confused:

13. D_Mongo Pubestrimmer

ive been with her about 6 months

14. Corkey

Corkey New Member

And ???

15. Corkey

Corkey New Member

6 months is a long time. Not to change the subject, but I was brought up to leave at least "20" minutes early to go to work in case you have a flat tire.

You had plenty of time to shop around ,Lol.

Money right now you have to be careful how you spend it. :smile:

16. badgirl22

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Women/girls love Tiffany's because it's high status and very expensive for things you can get without the Tiffany name for a fraction of the price. It's status - pure and simple.

You have to think more about your GF. What type of jewelry does she already wear? Gold, Silver, colors - is she more of a bracelet, necklace, earings, rings type of girl? Is she more dressy or casual? Does she like simple or more blingy type things? Sporty or more elegant?

My BF has given me jewelry but it's all silver and more casual and I simply love it! They are the type of things I wear every single day (I have a million pairs of earings but he gave me my favorites and I wear them all the time along with a silver little cuff bracelet I never take off). For me, with my taste and personality, I'd prefer these types of gifts over a more expensive jeweled piece - but we are all different. Point is know your girl and get her something that is perfect for her!

And...you have plenty of time! there are lots of deals to be had this time of year! Good luck. Lucky woman to have a man who is thinking hard of the right gift!

17. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I went to high school with a high concentration of Korean students. The Korean girls I knew were already very into Tiffany's. They had the key chains, one had a cell phone and a couple of cell phone charms, and they did wear a lot of gold and diamonds in some instances, perhaps those came from there as well. What I remember best is that there were two sisters, picking out china patterns. Apparently, if they got into certain colleges, their parents would buy them a set of Tiffany china when they moved out. I don't know if it's just the girls Petite and I have known, or if Tiffany is a cultural icon for Korean Americans. Also of note: I don't know any second or third generation Americans of Korean descent. I only have known Korean immigrants, and First gen Americans.

18. nudeyorker

Gold Member

With your budget if you go to Tiffany's you will most likely be buying something sterling silver (and there is nothing wrong with that). But why not consider going to someplace like Macy's and getting her a nice pair of pearl earrings studs.

19. D_Mongo Pubestrimmer

Ok first off thanks for all your opinions , i know a lot more know then i did before.....

so im leaning towards tiffany's even though I could find something better and cheaper at another spot, i think just the tiffany name would impress her, just like i would want a top named brand hockey stick or clothing over a cheaper but same quality stick or clothing..... and my girlfriend is a first generation korean, she comes from money and i come from a hard working family from boston, shes knows i dont have much cash and she says anything i get her she will love, but i really want to surprise her with something nice....and also 'badgirl', my girlfriend is more of a fashion, girly girl type, everytime she goes anywhere she always dressed in something nice and has to look her best......

so i was on the tiffany website and im leaning towards a few things

Tiffany & Co. | Item | Elsa Peretti® Open Heart pendant in sterling silver with an aquamarine. | United States

Tiffany & Co. | Item | Paloma Picasso® Loving Heart medallion pendant in sterling silver, medium. | United States

her name begins with a d
    Tiffany & Co. | Item | Elsa Peretti® Alphabet pendant in silver with diamonds. Letters A-Z available. | United States

Tiffany & Co. | Item | Etoile heart charm with pink sapphires in sterling silver on a chain. | United States

but still havent decided,,, shes visting family in south korea right now and she wont be back till the 27th so i still have time, and i would love to surprise her with something great when she comes back to boston

20. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Those are all very pretty, I think the last two are the best. That's just my personal opinion though. I agree with badgirl on the bracelets, I have a ton of cuff bracelets and bangles and I'm just as happy with the $20 silver cuffs I have as the expensive ones. Some people are more interested in the name. You know your girlfriend best to know what she would cherish more:smile:

#20 HiddenLacey, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted