Need Republican input

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
YouTube - New World Order

I'm not much for conspiracy theories (and I'm not saying I think the twin towers were brought down by our own government) as I like to have proof before believing in something so radical, but to me, the words that came out of Bush Sr.'s mouth seem like they should hold some form of evidence, so I ask you...

Please watch the link above and interprut what he means for me. I'm genuinely curious to see what republicans (and anyone else) think he meant by this, because...to me, it seems obvious he was flat out telling us he wants a global society, but I'd like to know what others think of it too...personally, I think it's long underway...and not necessarily a bad idea I'd like to add

I'm not going to argue with you, and I know it's "out there" for some of you conservatives, but in all seriousness, I'm trying to find opinions about these statments that a former president and head of CIA made...it just seems so eery yet important everytime I hear it, I'd like to know what other people think about it too

...and do try to ignore that douchebag at 1:17

Last edited:

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, contrary to popular belief, batman is not a superhero...he has no real powers

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
This is a text G.H.W. Bush delivered to a joint session of Congress in late summer of 1990 (oddly enough, on September 11th of that year):

Until now, the world we’ve known has been a world divided – a world of barbed wire and concrete block, conflict and cold war. Now, we can see a new world coming into view. A world in which there is the very real prospect of a new world order. In the words of Winston Churchill, a "world order" in which "the principles of justice and fair play ... protect the weak against the strong ..." A world where the United Nations, freed from cold war stalemate, is poised to fulfil the historic vision of its founders. A world in which freedom and respect for human rights find a home among all nations.

He's speaking of the UN, not of a monolithic worldwide government that the conspiracy theorists confabulate.

Nothing scary there, imo.

Nothing terribly hidden or clandestine about an address to Congress.

Iokua

Expert Member
Media
Once any US President tries to seriously form one world order... world war 3 will begin.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Bush Senior was not promoting the NeoCon view... he frankly disagrees with neocon policy.

What he was promoting is the Valid idea that countries that are economically interdependant DO NOT WAR ON EACH OTHER.

The problem with globalization is that you can not allow industry to move jobs to cheaper labor markets FASTER than your own nation is building new jobs and new industries to keep your own people employed.

As with everything...
IT MUST BE REGUALTED by SOMETHING that has no immediate and short term gain as their primary motive.
i.e.- it must be regualted by the govenrment to prevent avaricious manipulation schemes from spreading like a computer virus thru the world economic culture.

Once the regulators are rendered ineffective... Like the SEC who could not be bothered to investigate clear evidence of Madoffs' scams... you have opened the flood gates to the kind of self centered greed that is seen in the billions of taxpayer dollars handed out in bonuses to the very men whose unethical conduct CAUSED the collapse.

Globalization is NOT the enemy. Greed is.

We need to MANAGE the emergence of a world economy just as we need to manage ANY coordinated effort to prevent the criminal few from taking advantage.