Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok, I just got this Prevail catalog in the mail. I am not crazy about the look of their square cut swimwear...looks like it is trying to hard in that they are so bright and small. I am looking for a nice square cut that looks better quality and just overall has an abbreviated boxer style that looks athletic yet functional. A pouch type is not off table here but certainly not looking a cut that shows me off 2 minutes before I enter the room. So I am asking for the names of brands/styles that you guys have found that are nice for actual swimming. Thanks. I really need your input.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a super simple nike squarecut, have the same style in black and then a second of the exact same in royal blue..

I find they can be nice for situations where a speedo isn't ideal, yet I don't want to have to wear trunks, a nice conservative compromise...

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ok, I just got this Prevail catalog in the mail. I am not crazy about the look of their square cut swimwear...looks like it is trying to hard in that they are so bright and small. I am looking for a nice square cut that looks better quality and just overall has an abbreviated boxer style that looks athletic yet functional. A pouch type is not off table here but certainly not looking a cut that shows me off 2 minutes before I enter the room. So I am asking for the names of brands/styles that you guys have found that are nice for actual swimming. Thanks. I really need your input.

Cube -- I think the square cuts like I wear would look good on you.

Try Abcunderwear.com. Here is the link to the mid-cut page. Midcut Swimsuits

Both Bubba and I have square cuts made by NDS and they fit very well. My white one, for example.

Good luck and happy shopping.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks guys. Matt and Yorker, I will check these sites out tonight. Mike, you are right...when you can try one on in person it so gets a thumbs up/down pretty fast. I have tried some square cut bikinis in the past and they almost look more brief than a regular speedo on me for some reason...as opposed to the modeled pictures. I have to check the Aussie Bum styles out. Never tried them before...they always look athletic and sexy. Any other ideas and brands are welcomed.

D_Ambrosius Cottonballs

Account Disabled
Media
I have a couple of them by Speedo. They are simple, masculine and very comfortable. You can see one of them in my album. I also own a blue and a red from Aussiebum (The 70's). They are nice looking but I don't like much the way the red looks when wet. I can sell you one of mine! I used to sell on Ebay and still have some items available.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Scent Torquay - Surfwear range on aussiebum online store

I kind of am liking these. Remember that I'm going to be 45 this summer... and though I have a decent build...I don't want to get too wild/brief and look "like that guy" that shouldn't be wearing a suit ment for a guy that is 20. ;)

The above suit is not a square cut but more of a brief boxer...but ya know

systemshock3

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I personally like Pistol Pete. They have a few styles that are plaid and nice on and off the beach. go to www.pistolpete.com

I agree on these!! I own a couple of their speedos, and they are just so comfortable and fit really well

I would HIGHLY also recommend Andrew Christian Underwear, Swimwear & Sportswear Shop

I also own one of their squarecuts, and they are quite flattering as well.

N2N bodywear are quite good (I am wearing those in my Miami pics in the gallery), but they are a bit more fitted in the butt and crotch area..on purpose. :biggrin1:

D_Ambrosius Cottonballs

Account Disabled
Media
Personally, I do not like swimwear with a pouch. That just does not look masculine to me. I rather wear swimwear that is simple, not full of screaming colors and glitter. I like something basic, masculine, simple and flattering at the same time without being boring. If you go to a beach in South California or FL, you pretty much can say, Oh come on! He is so queer just by looking at some guys swimsuits. Some others just look hot and masculine and you would not be able to tell. Personally it is not my taste to be screaming obvious and I am not the kind of gay man that likes to be wearing a "gay tag". I am not a "gay man"! I am a man!

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Personally, I do not like swimwear with a pouch. That just does not look masculine to me.
I agree. Now some guys who look like they are wearing pouches are often wearing cock rings. I am a believer in truth in advertising. Pouches and cock rings exaggerate size and I am against that.

I rather wear swimwear that is simple, not full of screaming colors and glitter. I like something basic, masculine, simple and flattering at the same time without being boring.
Me and my Bear's trunks are mostly one color. Mine is white with small red stripes on the side. His is navy blue with royal blue (half and half).

If you go to a beach in South California or FL, you pretty much can say, Oh come on! He is so queer just by looking at some guys swimsuits. Some others just look hot and masculine and you would not be able to tell. Personally it is not my taste to be screaming obvious and I am not the kind of gay man that likes to be wearing a "gay tag". I am not a "gay man"! I am a man!

Only in America do we think speedos or square cuts are somehow "gay." Most board short patterns from Gap or BR or Old Navy are "more queer" to me." Regarding being "obviously gay" --to me, once two or three guys come onto the beach you can pretty much tell the gay ones from how they interactwith one another (and how mindful of the other men on the beach). At the same time, there can be something endearing when two butch guys have on flamboyant suits (I used to wear a square cut that looked the Human Torch). That said, I prefer matte colors on myself and most other men.

D_Ambrosius Cottonballs

Account Disabled
Media
U right! I am from Colombia, where speedos is (or was) just the rule! Anything else is just not right. Even speedos with colorful patterns are ok there. But here, it is not the case. Pouches, are really with the intention to show off a big bulge. That is not me! I have a natural bulge and I think that is hot! Just a regular speedo, square cut are the best for me. I do not like swim trunks at all. The cling to your legs when wet and it feel very uncomfortable. You even end up walking funny because of that feeling!

I found some flatering colorful boardshort that I will consider wearing! They are still simple and masculine, yet modern!

http://www.aussiebum.com/en/surfwear/1083/woodstock/

I agree. Now some guys who look like they are wearing pouches are often wearing cock rings. I am a believer in truth in advertising. Pouches and cock rings exaggerate size and I am against that.

Me and my Bear's trunks are mostly one color. Mine is white with small red stripes on the side. His is navy blue with royal blue (half and half).

Only in America do we think speedos or square cuts are somehow "gay." Most board short patterns from Gap or BR or Old Navy are "more queer" to me." Regarding being "obviously gay" --to me, once two or three guys come onto the beach you can pretty much tell the gay ones from how they interactwith one another (and how mindful of the other men on the beach). At the same time, there can be something endearing when two butch guys have on flamboyant suits (I used to wear a square cut that looked the Human Torch). That said, I prefer matte colors on myself and most other men.

Last edited:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
... Pouches, are really with the intention to show off a big bulge. That is not me! I have a natural bulge and I think that is hot! ...http://www.aussiebum.com/en/surfwear/1083/woodstock/

I agree that a guy who shows and is not TRYING to show it hottest. I am like you-- my cock just shows most of the time, even when I try to hide it.

many cool sites to choose from

I demand the ability to vote on your proposed new suit. Yes, I do.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh man, you guys are great...and you know how I have wanted you Lex from day one. I am thinking the (short) board shorts at Aussie Bum may be the intial suit choice. I need to get something ordered soon. Maybe this weekend. I keep finishing up at the gym and want to use the jacuzzi/pool and need them to do it. It is finals week and I have been swampted... I did put all your suggestions on my favorites drop bar and have been looking. I look at your guys pictures and think you can wear anything. You all look good and have serious size between your legs...love it