Needing Advice for Giving "The Look"

D_Mainssworthe Maleorgan

Account Disabled
Media
Wasn't sure of a good title for this thread, but here goes:

I'm traveling to Italy in a few months, and I want to enjoy the sights of course, but, its people as well (if you know what I mean).

I have been told by many close friends, that when I'm "into" a guy, I don't send out the right signals, and when I'm being hit ON, I don't interpret the signals correctly. When it comes to women, however, I have no problems at all.

I think the issue I have is that if I find a guy to be "my type", I get awkward a bit because I get so tied up in trying to figure out for SURE whether or not the guy that I'm trying to send signals to is into guys or not. I have the WORST gay-dar in the entire history of time. Ok, maybe not the worst: I can still spot a flamer a mile away (but anyone can do that ;P).

Can anyone give me some advice?

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If he holds eye contact for just one heartbeat too long, maybe he's interested. If he smiles and acts really friendly--just the slightest bit friendlier than most guys--maybe he's interested. :smile:

Of course, if he falls down and in the process of getting back on his feet mashes his face hard against your bulge, well, yeah, he's definitely interested. :tongue:

NCbear (who had the second paragraph happen to him once, quite unexpectedly :eek::cool::biggrin1:)

D_Mainssworthe Maleorgan

Account Disabled
Media
If he holds eye contact for just one heartbeat too long, maybe he's interested. If he smiles and acts really friendly--just the slightest bit friendlier than most guys--maybe he's interested. :smile:

Of course, if he falls down and in the process of getting back on his feet mashes his face hard against your bulge, well, yeah, he's definitely interested. :tongue:

NCbear (who had the second paragraph happen to him once, quite unexpectedly :eek::cool::biggrin1:)

Thanks for that; especially that second bit.:wink:

D

deleted3782

Italians have a whole different "look" system than Americans. I'm not sure they hold your gaze too much...especially from behind sunglasses. The most certain way for me to figure out that an Italian guy likes me is if he comes up and says "I like you, wanna do it?" Aside from that, I'm totally lost.