Needing Help With Measuring

I need some advice on how to actually measure my dick. It seems that I really can't get an accurate number ....and it seems to differ on the way I measure it. I have been asked in the past and now by my wife....how big my dick is and I honestly don't know how to answer.

grandunification

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you want to compare yourself with a study, you should measure how they do it in the study. Most studies have the patient lay on their back with their arms laid flat by their hips. The penis should be erect and held 90 degrees relative to the pubic bone. Measure from the top of the base to the end. Do not place the ruler to the side, underneath or anywhere else. It must be on top at the pubic bone, and do not press the ruler in to the fat pad. Average length measured this way is about 5.5". 7" will put you in the top 10%. Girth should be measured with a tape measure at mid shaft. Average is 5". 5.7" will put you in the top 10%.

Reactions: hrnymarriedguy314

Nexolaris

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
If you want to compare yourself with a study, you should measure how they do it in the study. Most studies have the patient lay on their back with their arms laid flat by their hips. The penis should be erect and held 90 degrees relative to the pubic bone. Measure from the top of the base to the end. Do not place the ruler to the side, underneath or anywhere else. It must be on top at the pubic bone, and do not press the ruler in to the fat pad. Average length measured this way is about 5.5". 7" will put you in the top 10%. Girth should be measured with a tape measure at mid shaft. Average is 5". 5.7" will put you in the top 10%.
Why not measure bone-pressed? It's done in a lot of studies.

I guess I am in the avg. then. I don't do it as precise as the study but I always measure on the top of my dick. I however push against the fat pad. I guess you can say I am in the range of 5.5" to 6. Girth is a different story I have never measured using a measuring tape. My dick can fit hard in a TP roll holder.

Women ask this? Been married 31 years. Never asked. Prior to that, sex with maybe 30 women... Never asked. But then I'm a solid 6".

Well my wife and I are having a lot of trouble in doggy style position. The question of dick size has come up. Even questions of how I compare to friends I have.

Cecil56

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
That "bone-pressed" measurement is total bullshit. On a fat guy you can gain an inch or two that is not there!

For a real measurement that is honest is as simple is this:

Cut hole in a thin piece of cardboard the diameter of cock. Measure cock sticking out the other side.

Not exactly rocket science and it cut's useless fat out of the equation!

Assman1

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I disagree with this. I often have sex with my wife where I bone press and the pleasure I take (and she takes) in taking it all in is great. Especially if I have a cock ring on and it pushes all the way down to my bone pressed size, then well, she's taking all of it.

DiomedesXVI

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I stand by that using tailor’s tape is the best for measuring the penis length and girth.

Tailor’s tape is soft and flexible, so naturally it’s perfect for girth measurements since you need to measure an ovular/circular cylinder. But while others say a rigid wooden or plastic ruler should be used for length, I disagree.

Penises are rarely perfectly straight, the vast majority of penises have some kind of curvature - be it a curve to the left or right, or an upward or downward curve. Tailor’s tape measures the length of the penis and can account for these curvatures, a rigid ruler cannot, thus tape measurements are more accurate than ruler measurements.

To measure girth, find what seems to be the thickest part of your erect shaft, then starting at 0 on the tailor’s tape, hold the 0 mark in place with one hand while you use your other hand to wrap the tape around your shaft. Wrap the tape around once until the tape meets the 0 point again. The number that meets the 0 is your erect girth measurement.

To measure length, place the tape on the top side of your erect penis and use one hand to hold 0 at the base where your pubes are. Then use the other hand to glide the tape along your erect length until you get to the very tip of the top side of your penis. The number at that point is your erect length. If your penis has any curvature, be sure to make the tape follow the contours of your penis curvatures exactly.