Negative people

closetbi

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
From my experience negative people = boring people, and boring people are the worst kind of people, because they can't bring anything to the table and they know it. So boring people can't rant or rave about great things, because they're too boring to get excited. They also have low self-esteem because they know they are boring. Because of these two features they criticize anything and everything. You have a great meal, and instead of complimenting the meal, the boring person compares it to a better meal they once had. I see it all the time. They don't want you to think they're suckers by praising something that isn't that great, so they don't praise much at all. Also by shooting down good ideas, they feel selective and they pretend they have high standards. To bad they're fuckin' lame.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've developed an aversion to them in recent years.

Why do they always try to get you down?

Negative people just need some better luck. I think that I am a negative person at times. It is just that I am a bit frustrated. My needs are simple but people are difficult.

People do have a hydraulic of bad luck. Instead of shying away from negative people...they need help with some positivity.

Negative people need better luck and circumstances. And some supportive peeps in their corner.

Unfortunately there is never a shortage of them. I tend to walk away and let them fester in their own misery. Life is too short, and I'm too old to put up with anyone's crap. I have walked away from a few friends and even family members because of their constant negativity and endless bitching and ranting. I don't have the time or desire to indulge it. They can peddle their B.S. somewhere else because I'm not interested.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For me negative people equals mean people. Happy people are not mean. As time goes by you learn to be polite and walk away from people who try to bring you down. They will find discomfort elsewhere and you will find comfort without them.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For me negative people equals mean people. Happy people are not mean. As time goes by you learn to be polite and walk away from people who try to bring you down. They will find discomfort elsewhere and you will find comfort without them.

But yeah sometimes mean people forget to be happy. But then some people you are right. There are pathologically mean people out there.
Avoid those people.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
But yeah sometimes mean people forget to be happy. But then some people you are right. There are pathologically mean people out there.
Avoid those people.

This came light a bolt of lightening to me last Friday, I went out for happy hour with a few friends and we were talking about some people who were bringing us down and someone said "Simple matter of the fact is that happy people are not mean or negative." Can't believe I had not figured this out before. It's amazing what insight comes with moonlight in a martini!

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
With a little bit of experience with trying to 'raise a smile' from a mean looking fella
i recall took almost 9 months
(yep i recall correctly on this one)
..cos i was interested in
trying to 'bring him out of that negativity attitude he had'
Worked..even tho he still ended up in Youth Prison 3x over a period of 2 years.
He always came back tho..and he smiled Heaps.
15 he was at the time..so its really a LOT
due to the way yr brought up / or not brought up
(as in his case)
enz

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
]"most people lead lives of quiet desperation."[/B]

and they get miserable from not doing what they would really love to do.
often, from being wrongly advised as children or young adults and letting fear of failure control them.
ding, ding, ding People we have a winner! :biggrin1: :cool:

Media
Like attracts like.

My outlook has changed considerably in the past year. Some hard lessons in life that were best learned and utilized the first time around. Lessons I won't ever go through again.

I had to let go of people who had been friends for years but the level of negativity was wearing me down physically and emotionally.

I am learning that saying NO can be very empowering and healthy.

Last edited:

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Living in Munich for the last two years, I've discovered that my fellow Bavarians are a grumpy lot. It takes a huge effort to get them to smile.

So I started a smile offensive. Every shopkeeper, cop, waiter, colleague or stranger on the bus gets a smile. And if that fails, another smile. And another.

Afer a few months, I gave up. Not a smile to be found. So I just get them drunk. It's easier.

Last edited: