Negative people

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
:tongue: I was hoping to be remembered by my wit and reparte not my boobs! Carrie Prejean move over.
Oh yeah...that too!
I usually try to avoid negative people. If I can't, then I usually lose my temper and set them straight. We all have had hardships and we all have our sob stories. As Oh_Yeah could tell you, I just don't put up with it.

A quote from my favorite Brian Adams song: "Ain't no use in complaining when you've got a job to do."

You mean that guy standing in the woods in boots and a ball cap, shirtless, proudly showing his huge furry pecs?
That would be the one!

B_ccampit

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And some people act like they are positive people, and do negative things to others blaming the faults on others, and telling people how positive they are and how others are bringing them down. I know one. they bost about how well they are doing but do not bost about the negative things they just did to others. These are the people you really have to watch out for.

B_ccampit

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This just happened to me, and its hard to stay storng but with exersize and meditation. things are looking up I try and keep up the good things that I was taught and that I have taught.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Well, there goes my potential contribution. :soapbox:

More seriously, I can't stand the way people overuse the word "negative" and (even more nauseating) "negativity" these days. It muddies the waters by running together (1) querulousness (the tendency to complain), (2) fault-finding (the tendency to see only ill in others), and (3) legitimate objections and criticisms. I'm something of a grouch, or at least I try to be, and many of the people I like or admire have strong grouchy streaks. Life would be a lot duller without them, and all the shittiness in life would be much harder to take without such people -- who would be called "negative" by people who like to use that word -- to make amusing observations about it. If that's not what you mean by "negative people," then you need to be clearer about what you are talking about.
Trust me life would not be duller without grouchy people. They do not make life better, they make life more annoying. Clever people who make insightful remarks, aren't necessarily grouchy.

funnyguy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
:tongue: I was hoping to be remembered by my wit and reparte not my boobs! Carrie Prejean move over.

Don't be silly! You always show insight,earllogjam. I look for that when I come across one of your posts. However, I still remember that hot bare-chested hunk out in the woods rather than your cute icon pic.

Ramsey

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Negative also want to blame others for everything, and can't take any responsibility for their own actions, or that their own words and actions can hurt others. Well this isn't universally true, but it's a strong trend.
So I blame all you fucking assholes for everything bad that happens on this board. Why the hell couldn't you all have not fucked up my life like this? My God what I have to put up with, with all you selfish jerks.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Constantly happy people piss me off. They annoy me and they seem to be unrealistic. I prefer people who appear mean to some of you. They arent bullshitting me.

Maybe we need to explain what negative is to you?

What is negative to a person who likes to pretend everything is just right all the time, afraid to make anyone angry for any reason, fear of conflict type people. Ass kissers. People who never see where you are coming from because they are trying to hard to convince you that everyone has great intentions....etc.

Those are NOT my people. I hope they dislike me as much as i dislike them so we dont have to be friends.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Constantly happy people piss me off. They annoy me and they seem to be unrealistic. I prefer people who appear mean to some of you. They arent bullshitting me.

Maybe we need to explain what negative is to you?

What is negative to a person who likes to pretend everything is just right all the time, afraid to make anyone angry for any reason, fear of conflict type people. Ass kissers. People who never see where you are coming from because they are trying to hard to convince you that everyone has great intentions....etc.

Those are NOT my people. I hope they dislike me as much as i dislike them so we dont have to be friends.
So you have cramps 24/7/365.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
So you have cramps 24/7/365.

No, are you stupid 24/7 not to understand what i just said?

People are who 100% happy all the time are bizarre and unusual people who often cant relate well to others. They are flaky and on the surface.

I dont like them. And sweety, i dont even have periods, so dont start that little "Oh she must be ragging" tagline with me. It doesnt apply. I have plenty of friends who enjoy my personality and appreciate my candidness. They are often on the same page, we dont go around talking about committing suicide because we are depressed.

We actually have fun, we just dont bullshit.

I've been a people pleaser, its taken me YEARS to master the craft of who i am. I've been fine tuning it for years. I get shit for it mostly on LPSG because people assume this is just the hap-hap-happiest place on the planet. I actually enjoy comedians who think the way i do, they often are very popular comedians, why? Because people can relate to them and really appreciate their honesty on issues.

I'm not concerned with making everyone around me happy all the time, just the people i care about and respect.

Last edited by a moderator:

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This thread is ironic

People are who 100% happy all the time are bizarre and unusual people who often cant relate well to others. They are flaky and on the surface.
Half the "happy uplifting people" are doped up on prozac, and are insufferable, egotistical, shallow, permagrinned ignoramuses that care for little more than their own narcissistic desires, don't read anything that isn't glossy and smells like JCPennys, only like to talk about restaurants, parties, sex, their latest boyfriend/girlfriend, drinking and of course, themselves. They can't take care of themselves, and are either barflies or churchies. Complete messes getting by in life on their good looks and their ability to change personality, character and opinion on a whim, based solely on who they are hanging out with.

and do negative things to others blaming the faults on others, and telling people how positive they are and how others are bringing them down

I know and have lived with quite a few people like that. All positive and sunshine.... but can never pay their bills, break shit all the time, talk mad shit behind people's backs, always need a ride, never listen, always talking. But fuck it, as long as they look good, they are clueless, because there is never a shortage of people to sit there all googy eyed going uh huh, uh huh, uh huh.

Last edited:

Ramsey

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fuck you! I'm going to be pissed off then so more people like me. Goddamn you assholes. Prattling on like a bunch of haggard old cobwebbed cunted grannies. There, I've been honest. Now fuck, I should be well respected here.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
This thread is ironic

Half the "happy uplifting people" are doped up on prozac, and are insufferable, egotistical, shallow, permagrinned ignoramuses that care for little more than their own narcissistic desires, don't read anything that isn't glossy and smells like JCPennys, only like to talk about restaurants, parties, sex, their latest boyfriend/girlfriend, drinking and of course, themselves. They can't take care of themselves, and are either barflies or churchies. Complete messes getting by in life on their good looks and their ability to change personality, character and opinion on a whim, based solely on who they are hanging out with.

I know and have lived with quite a few people like that. All positive and sunshine.... but can never pay their bills, break shit all the time, talk mad shit behind people's backs, always need a ride, never listen, always talking. But fuck it, as long as they look good, they are clueless, because there is never a shortage of people to sit there all googy eyed going uh huh, uh huh, uh huh.
I am constantly amazed at the number of bitter people on here. That is a good reason for this thread that negative people do suck. If you think the only happy people are those mall barbies then you need to get out more.

Being positive means: Yes we can get that done. Yes I can learn that. Yes we can win the match.

Negative people: There is no way we'll get that done by the deadline. I'm too old to learn anything new. Look at the size of them, they will kill us.

Sorry life is too short to be negative.

freeballer24

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was taught as a young boy to pick my friends carefully, Pick who I hang around carefully, I don't listen to the negative people because they just try to hold you down. I tell my friends that all the time and even my BF but they usually don't listen. people will always have something negative to say and often times it's because they are jealous.