Negro, Please!

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's time to translate everyone's favorite urban benediction.

Negro, please! Nigga, please, if you will.

Teach it to us in your country's language. Give us the words and pronunciation, especially if your toungue is not written with Roman lettering.

This thread comes by request of Mme. Zora, and by the curiosity of many. Let's begin.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Haha, okay I'll start.

Μαύρε, σας παρακαλώ!
(Mávre, sas parakaló~)

Black man, I beg you!

Greek

Koto gen onna gai

Darkie, please!

Japanese. However, I have only heard this orally and have no idea on Earth how to spell it. This is just a phonetic spelling- anyone who speaks Japanese, please correct me.

Oh, and the ever-popular-

Individual of aboriginal descent, I beseech thee!

Yeah, it's just English, but funny nonetheless.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I Believe the spanish Translation is

Negro, Por Favor
Thanks. You are technically correct. However, that's kind of literal. There is a less polite way to say this. I've been called nigger in Spanish before. I'm betting my boyfriend knows the word. He may not though, as only Dominicans have said this to me, and he is Puerto Rican. I do have some Dominican friends to ask. I believe the literal translation of the phrase I'm thinking of will be, "Tree-climber, please!"

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Haha, okay I'll start.
Koto gen onna gai

Darkie, please!

Japanese. However, I have only heard this orally and have no idea on Earth how to spell it. This is just a phonetic spelling- anyone who speaks Japanese, please correct me.
I'm no expert in Japanese, but I think it is one of the tonal languages - many words have different meanings depending on whether your voice goes up or down on a syllable... so even the transliterations aren't as helpful as they could be for us westerners. Interesting, though. Koto (as I know of it) is a stringed musical instrument, and I'm not sure, but I think "gai", at least pronounced one way, is "chicken." So, even if I'm wrong about this entire post, I'm still going to think of you as plucking your chicken, every time I see "nigga, PLEASE!"

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
German youth culture has adopted the phrase literally through exposure to US usage online, in movies, and in music:

Nigga, bitte!
or: Nigger, bitte!

You're most likely to hear this used by would-be 'streetwise' Germans under about age 19, though; the kind who also think it's cool to refer to their friends as meine Niggas (my niggaz) or meine Gangstas (my gangstaz).

Slightly rarer is:

Neger, bitte!

Although still a literal translation, this comes across slightly more strongly since it uses the German word for 'negro', which brings stronger associations of (past) German racism with it.

You might also hear:

Kanake, bitte!
(Kanake, please!) --- which is based on 'nigga, please', but used to refer primarily to people of Turkish and Iranian origin (also amongst themselves, in the same way that 'nigga, please' is in the US)

More 'intrinsically German' insults for black people, however, have their origins in the sneering attitude of the German colonial era (1880s-1910s)... and if you wanted to risk causing some real offence, these would be the way to go:

He, Hottentotte!
(Hey, Hottentot!) ---> more likely to be used unquestioningly by older people, and by 'cool' young people ironically

Du Zulukaffer!
(You Zulu kaffir!) ---> while this mightn't sound like much in translation, using this 'cool' phrase with a hostile audience might be a sure way to get your head kicked in imho. 'Zulukaffer' also has connotations of someone who is 'naturally lazy' historically, which of course only adds to its 'charm'.

===

In this regard, it might be worth quoting the ironic chorus of the 1997 song 'Lasst mich nicht alleine' ('Don't Leave Me On My Own') by (left-wing, politically-aware) Stuttgart-based hip hop group Freundeskreis, which demonstrates that German youth-speak has no shortage of racial epithets:

An all' meine Niggas, Kanaken, Malagas, Polaken
To all my niggas, kebab-boys, malagas, and Poleskies
Meine Mullahs, Mafiosi, und Franzaken
My mullahs, mafiosi, and froggies
An meine Paellas, PKKs, Schlitzaugen, Hakennasen
To my paellas, PKK members [Kurds], slitty-eyes, hook-noses
Kameltreiber, Ziegenhirten, Knoblauchfresser, Paprikas
Camel-drovers, goat-herdsmen, garlic-eaters, paprikas [Hungarians]
Meine Terroristen, Kriminelle, Drogendealer
My terrorists, criminals, drug dealers
Parasiten, Asylbetrüger, Hütchenspieler
Parasites, phoney asylum seekers, [black African] confidence tricksters