nerve damage?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by D_Myer_Dogasflees, Jul 16, 2008.

1. D_Myer_Dogasflees

D_Myer_Dogasflees New Member

I have just torn a small (6mmx3mm ) part of the top under part of my penis (just before the frelbulem), I am circumcised.

it does not hurt much, but something does feel that it may be wrong, it feels a bit like a burnt finger, not that it burns, but the small part f numbness. not that it could also be my paranoia, but i am not sure

it only seems to be the top part/layer of skin that was ripped off, but in a part that is usually very sensitive

would/could this correct itself over time?

do nerves on your penis regrow?

Many thanks for the replys

2. jonnyjinx

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I did the same thing about 6 years ago. I am uncut but I tore the skin just under the frenulum which is an awkward place as the wound would keep opening up everytime I got an erection. It was a little sore and it wouldn't heal until I applied a little moisturiser cream on it everyday, then it healed up nicely and now there is no evidence of it ever being there.

I didn't get any loss of sensation or feeling at all, so I didn't have any nerve damage.
    It may take a few weeks but it will heal okay I'm sure.:smile:

3. D_Myer_Dogasflees

D_Myer_Dogasflees New Member

That sounds like great news

I have not really noticed nerve damage, but i am very afraid that something may have disconnected, i have taken a tissue and the 1 ply i feathered around my penis, and that part does seem a bit numb, but i am not sure if nerves are disconnected.

I should not masturbate or have sex, for how many weeks afterwards? i did today, couldn't keep it, before that it was two days, this happened last monday.

which hand cream did you use?

4. jonnyjinx

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I didn't stop having sex, I was just very careful (not too vigourous and lots of lube!)
    I just used a tiny bit of body moisturising cream from The Body Shop to stop it from drying out and splitting open again. All I can remember is that it was in a little flat container and the cream was pink. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Hope it heals up ok!

5. erratic

Gold Member

The great thing about penises is that they heal very quickly.

If you're unsure of what to do, set a date by which you think things should be better. If it's not sufficiently healed by then see a doctor. Setting a date takes away a lot of the uncertainty.

6. maestro071

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I agree with the previous advice. Set a date and not too late date, and if not sufficiently heeled go visit your doctor. It's important to be careful, as if not you can get some infection and things can get complicated.
    I wouldn't apply any type of moistures cream and similar things, on contrary... as those things might cause or help some infection to develop. If you decide to apply something without doctor advice, than better use a powder medicines intended for wounds, or spray powder. You can found it in some pharmacy shops, ask for those that are applied when you are scratched on your skin ...Another thing you can do in the meantime, go on some of the medical sites and ask them for advice...4 sure they will give you more accurate ones.

7. maestro071

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    ...and of course keep it clean, dry and hygienic.
    Avoid sex and masturbation, until its healed....
    As far as nerve damage is concerned, I wouldn't worry about that...

8. B_Austin Blue

B_Austin Blue New Member

My advice - go to a doctor right away! don't worry they have seen it all and are professional. I wouldn't wait to do this - it sounds painful and you should get this taken care of before any infection begins etc.

9. CALAMBO

Gold Member

Albums:
    have been there...does hurt a bit...i always use a triple anti-biotic...over the counter stuff...really great stuff and the cream versus the ointment is fabulous for minor abrasions....great your your ass too...but of course an infection would send me right to the doctor...so do becareful

10. trentster

trentster New Member

Albums:
    Good news is that unless the surrounding tissue dies, nerves grow back. I was hit by a car and I had nerve damage down my right leg. Couple years later, only the big toe isn't fully healed, but considering about a foot and a half of nerves regrew, I'm thankful. If it ever looks worse, go to the doctor, but give it a couple of days. Things heal, but if it gets painful or starts looking off, then go.

Draft saved Draft deleted