Net-Riddle

7x6andchg: Oh my!

Good thing I don't have internet access at work!  But this is the last day of my vacation....all for USD 660...

AnonyMs: okay - I got stumped on the third one - I am such a loser!

Synergistic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I just started about 5 minutes ago, and I'm struggling with the second one slightly, and I want to say thanks for nothing, because today was my last day of class and I'll probably spend my whole summer on this :p

Of course I'm kidding, thanks for the great link.

sammygirly: I'm on 1.12 now...and cussing and growling up a storm. It isn't pretty...

...but there was no way I was suffering alone.

I get all my great links from this site, I highly reccomend it daily.

http://www.madville.com

Back to hurting my brain...

(Nony, when is it dark? What do you call a female horse?)

Synergistic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
[quote author=sammygirly link=board=99;num=1051724066;start=0#4 date=05/01/03 at 05:45:09]
(Nony, when is it dark? What do you call a female horse?)
[/quote]

Is that one of them, cause I'm pretty sure I know that one, LoL.

I've tried inserting letters at the third place, and adding a 'c' which is the third letter. I thought about it from measurement standpoints, this is really annoying.

AnonyMs: It is dark at night....
and you call a female horse a mare.

Does that help?

sammygirly: Let me rephrase the question just a lil bit for you nlatimer...

What word BECOMES "longer"...when you REMOVE its 3rd letter?

"U"'re so on the right track...

AnonyMs: So what about the third question, sammygirly - a multi-national business transporting insects in a strange fashion? or is your question earlier about the dark horse a clue to my quandry.

sammygirly: oh the 3rd one...erm, you'll see what I meant about the horse lmao.

The gentleman works with a certain kind of bug, probably IMPORTs them to picnics...

Synergistic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
[quote author=sammygirly link=board=99;num=1051724066;start=0#7 date=05/01/03 at 11:37:03]
What word BECOMES "longer"...when you REMOVE its 3rd letter?
[/quote]

Which is why I've been adding letters after o in longer.

awellhungboi: For the second one I just lounged around for a long time until the answer came to me.

Thanks, Sammygirly, I didn't get anything done tonight! I got to 1.7 but I better stop now even though I almost have the answer--yipes, obsession compulsion and endless riddles don't mix. I have stuff to do!

Evidently, after you answer 1.27 you have to enter an email address and they mail you the url for stage 2.
Hope they don't spam.

Here's a thread from another message board with a long discussion about net riddler

http://www.iamcal.com/topic_1961

Fun!

sammygirly: It IS lounger - refresh the page and try again...sometimes that helps.

mentatzps: I arrived at 1.6, but at this point, as I'm not British nor American but Belgian and French is my mother language, I don't know all of these trivia references. I know some of them :
Angry Men - ?
Steps -?
You - I suppose it's 4
Monkeys - I suppose it's 12
How far under the sea - I suppose it's 20,000 (?)
Clock's nest - ?
Magnificient +... - ?
morrows - 2 (lol) :D
brothers/brides - ?
Oceans - 7
Weddings - 4
th Element - 5
Towers - 2
RIP race - ?
Interstellar - ?
Head in box - ?
Days after - 28
Beer - ?
Britain - ?
Vivious circle - ?

Well, anyone could help me ? I do this just for fun, It's obvious I won't get very far...I would still try to get to 1.10 at least... ::)

Thanks
MentatZps

AnonyMs: Neal:  It may be a cookie thing or a firewall thing....

but I am having trouble getting it to accept my bridge crossing answer. I am pretty sure the number of minutes works out to be 17, but when I put in the magic combo according to the formula for doing so, I keep getting page not found.

And just now when I went back to get the URL after you enter in lounger (I was going to forward to you in an IM)it is doing the same thing to me on tha tpage as your describe...

sammygirly - I had no idea you were sooooo diabolical!

7x6andchg: Well I lost my job today - so I know what I'll be doing (other than looking for a new one) with my free time....damn NetRiddle!

;) @ Sammygirly