Never been married?

ConstantComment

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have been married 28 years two kids one now married the other at school,I have no friends, belong to no groups not in the budget, I ran to the store an hour ago and did run into an old neighbor, when I got home first thing said was I thought you got lost.
I get out of this one there will never be number two, I will loose everything but I started with nothing also.

Sorry to read this. Kind of reminds me of when I was married and we used to visit my (ex) MIL practically twice a month, a 4 hours drive. It seemed every time I opened the refrigerator or a cabinet in the kitchen, I would be asked, what are you looking for? So much for being told to feel at home.

I say I would like to be remarried but not redivorced. So I try to be careful. Men who want to be "exclusive" too soon scare me. I know, for one, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are on the marriage track, even if they might say it. It's only because everyone, including men, crave companionship and one way to secure it is to get a bf or gf. And for those who are particularly conniving, hinting at marriage is the way to do it.

DavidXL

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm 27 and I'm not married. I know I'm young and still have many years ahead of me.?. . . . . Why do I not feel the urge to get married and have children like society wants me to?

I think 27 is just too young to get married. I don't think anyone should get married until they are at least 30. My personal opinion is that people are still figuring out who they are in their 20s and you don't really know who you are until you've been out in the world, finding your way.

You're smart not to be caught up the huge societal pressures to get married. I think one of the reasons the divorce rate is so high is because people get married because they feel like they are supposed to get married, not because they really, truly, want to. And I think one of the reasons there are so many crappy parents is because people feel like now that they are married, they are supposed to have children, rather than because they really, truly want to.

I'm not knocking marriage - I got married at 32 and would do it all over again. As much as I consider myself incredibly lucky and like being married, it is not a perfect life. And there are parts of me I can't talk about to the one person I share everything else with . . . .

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media
i came reeeeeeeeaaaaalllly close a few years ago,
i'm 37 and i've never been married,all of my close friends are though,but i've never felt the need to keep up with the "Jonses" on anything,especially something as special as marraige.

people who know me casualy talk to me like i'm some sort of failure because i'm not married(or in a relationship currently)
i think when the time is right with the right person it'll happen.
i don't want to make the mistake alot of other people i know do,running out to get married just to say they've had a wedding,and then 2-3 years later they go through a real nasty divorce with all types of tabloid drama.

iwantlowhangers

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
just live your life the way u feel, I thought I would get married when I was in my 20's and thought I would in my 30's but no. so i guess i wont now. It is all on the person you are, everyone is different.

borntobeking

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am 35 and have been married for 10 years. Maybe I am the oddball because I did not get married because I felt like I had to, I got married because I wanted to. 10 years and two beautiful children later, I can't imagine it any differently. My wife is cool. We don't clock each other. She is an adult and so am I. She comes and goes as she pleases and so do I. I tell people that I have two children, not three :) I have married friends that are miserable and have wives who track their every move but my wife and I just don't roll that way.

Marriage isn't for everyone. I do however believe that if you do it for the right reason with the right person then it is great.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
It's a shame we even care if someone is married or not.

Me getting married? That is funny.:eek::biggrin1:

Take me to a Buddhist monastery in China or Japan or let me meditate in a Eastern garden and breathe silence. And let me be; I bother no one. I am content as I am. Worry about your own happiness, not mine.

big_tits4big_dicks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm married because I need health care, I have health issues. Otherwise there was no reason for me. Waiting for the right person is key, and for all I care I could be with them forever, no marrage. I think kids screw up most marriages. I mean, having kids changes people so much, and most just dive right in! Married and then getting busy with the kids is not a great idea. I want to stay fun spontaneous sex goddess, not mom! Everyone is different of course, I just think being married for a few years, and having your own adventure time will be so much better down the road.

irox19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am 35 and have been married for 10 years. Maybe I am the oddball because I did not get married because I felt like I had to, I got married because I wanted to. 10 years and two beautiful children later, I can't imagine it any differently. My wife is cool. We don't clock each other. She is an adult and so am I. She comes and goes as she pleases and so do I. I tell people that I have two children, not three :) I have married friends that are miserable and have wives who track their every move but my wife and I just don't roll that way.

Marriage isn't for everyone. I do however believe that if you do it for the right reason with the right person then it is great.

Very nice...good to know it works for some!