Never had a boyfriend?

karldergrosse

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hardly a cure. To go from gay to straight would be a curse!:tongue:

Hang on, there, Dis! You and I have no disagreement (except maybe about the extreme "curse" part). Please reread, and note my quotation marks around "cure" to be sure that no one misses my irony. Also factor in the sentences that follow. ~ I'm gay and I'm both proud and satisfied.....

Last edited:

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
As a gay man and having survived a time when I shouldn't I have been more than around the block a few times. In fact, if I was an automobile my odometer would show over 100,000 miles.

I have always been relationship oriented. My first was a police officer, my second a cartoon animator and I enjoyed both of these relationships and feel both of them to have been fine men. We parted because of where our respective lives were at those points in time.

I made a discovery a little over 10 years ago that changed my whole life. I thought that I had been in love, but, found out that the first two were not what I had thought, and I also discovered that after meeting the one that did in fact turn out to be "Mr. Right" that the wait was well worth it.

Straight and or gay is not the issue. Meeting truly the right person IS.

If I can give any advice on this, it is to look very deeply inside the one you love and ask yourself honestly if you could live with that.

I had a period in my life that I was steadily dating a man who modeled for "Rip Colt". This was a "Tom of Finland" drawing come to life physically. The personal things that happened between us were laughable, but, they proved to me that what I needed was something far deeper than a sex fantasy.

I had times where we would go out and he would "model" 4 or 5 shirts to find out which one I thought showed off the "cleavage" between his pecs the best. It got so rediculous with the "clothes horse" aspects, that if we were to be at some given location I would have to give him an earlier time so if were the standard 1 hour "fashionably late" we would in fact be on time.

To this very day we are the best of friends and he is a great person, but there is no way I could have lived with that. It would have driven me crazy.

I tended to always like men shorter than I, I tended to like men who were masculine fantasies come true, and I had done relatively well in that respect.

"Mr. Right" was a 6'5" Mew Mexico cowboy with a completely different background than would have normally attracted my attention.

What was inside was far more important and it has been a learning process for both of us. Every relationship has moments, but that is as a whole all there has been. Things have never been easy.

I was stuck with an invalid Mother and he stepped right up to the plate on that one helping care for her until her passing in 2001. Those moments where we shared this duty made some of the prescious moments with my Mom in her final days.

He and I both cleaned bedpans, bathed her, and he considered it an honor learing a great deal from what he did. He was not jealous of her or any attention I paid to her. He did not have to be #1 to in fact be #1. He earned this rather than demanded it.

Look inside and see what makes it work and you will have success. Something you may see physically may open a door, but it will not sustain a relationship for life. If you look for the right things you will be successful!

B_Hamadim

Experimental Member
Media
Let's see, now--I'm trying hard to figure this out. Your Profile says that you're 100% straight--but now you claim to have had three boyfriends...??? :confused: Have you perhaps undergone a miracle "cure" since then...??? If so, is that why on another thread you keep badmouthing gays and pelting them with chunks of "religious" wit and wisdom...? ---Curiouser and curiouser......................

I edited it, Content now?

Let's see, now--I'm trying hard to figure this out. Your Profile says that you're 100% straight--but now you claim to have had three boyfriends...??? :confused: Have you perhaps undergone a miracle "cure" since then...??? If so, is that why on another thread you keep badmouthing gays and pelting them with chunks of "religious" wit and wisdom...? ---Curiouser and curiouser......................

A friendly reminder that some people live in places where being gay could mean harm could come to them if their sexual orientation were made public. The UAE is one of those places where homosexuality is illegal and punishable by imprisonment, forced "hormone treatments," and even death.

I suggest that in such cases we all consider the needs for the safety of the person posting and rely on our ability to read between the lines. Real law enforcement may differ from what is on the books in such places, but I see no need for us to goad anyone into possibly putting themselves in jeopardy of their lives just to prove a point.

That's no reflection on the fine people of the UAE or their culture. The UAE is not, however, a full democracy. It's a federation of seven emirates each with differing laws and rulers who still posess the powers to lop off someone's head on a whim.

Please remember that not everyone enjoys the freedoms that others have.

Jay1074

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'll be 35 in a few months and I have not had a steady bf, ever. Have my eye on someone who I know is perfect for me and would love for him to be my main squeeze. I can only hope he feels the same. We went out a couple of times a few years ago before he freaked out, allegedly because he thought we were getting too close, and started dating his ex-wife! WTF was that about? The bummer is we didn't ever kiss but it felt like it was going to happen a couple of times. We stopped hanging out after that but we've remained friends. Because of what's happened in the past I guess I'm more than hesitant to make too strong of a move even though I'm hot for this guy like I've never been for anyone before.

I have had steady fb's who were both male and female in the past. I've just never felt strongly enough about any of them to consider being in a committed relationship.