Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
papermate said:
That's outrageous. For so many reasons.

Theres a group arround here called AWARE

Abstinence Wait-training And Relationship Education

They give out cards for discounts and go to school and talk to kids.

I say the schools should teach propper Birth Control.

papermate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
findfirefox said:
Theres a group arround here called AWARE

Abstinence Wait-training And Relationship Education

They give out cards for discounts and go to school and talk to kids.

I say the schools should teach propper Birth Control.

My god. The one I knew (ABC: Abstinence, Be faithful, Condom) at least condoms.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
papermate said:

The group preeches no sex at, no touching, petting, looking. They try and say don't make-out because that leads to sex. They don't even mention the words "safe sex" they just blah blah blah wait till marriage blah. Theres another non-proffit group in a specific area of Portland that on Fridays, before breaks, and before holidays, hands out Condoms for free along with lube.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
papermate said:

I bet you are happeier than ever these days that you live in Belgium, aren't you?:biggrin1:

papermate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
findfirefox said:
The group preeches no sex at, no touching, petting, looking. They try and say don't make-out because that leads to sex. They don't even mention the words "safe sex" they just blah blah blah wait till marriage blah. Theres another non-proffit group in a specific area of Portland that on Fridays, before breaks, and before holidays, hands out Condoms for free along with lube.

The sad thing is, preaching abstinence doesn't help. Those kids will fuck anyway -- but probably without condoms because they don't have any AND they haven't been educated properly.

papermate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
findfirefox said:
AWARE Runs out of Washington and there spreading like some type of virus.

It won't reach Belgium or any of Western Europe though - not enough Christians here.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
papermate said:
The sad thing is, preaching abstinence doesn't help. Those kids will fuck anyway -- but probably without condoms because they don't have any AND they haven't been educated properly.

Thats what the other group belives, they have been trying to strike a deal with the police and AMR to hand out condoms to teens who seem to wandering the streets or anyone who is making out in public.

papermate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
findfirefox said:
Thats what the other group belives, they have been trying to strike a deal with the police and AMR to hand out condoms to teens who seem to wandering the streets or anyone who is making out in public.

It seems this other group is more AWARE of the real dangers these teenagers are exposed to than AWARE will ever be.

papermate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
findfirefox said:
It's not ran by Christians, its run by retarded people who think that stopping sex is the best thing to do.

They must at least have Christian roots though - early gnosticism aside, there's no religion I know of that's as sexophobic as Christianity.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
papermate said:
They must at least have Christian roots though - early gnosticism aside, there's no religion I know of that's as sexophobic as Christianity.

As I recall, fundamentalist muslims are also pretty sexophobic. But I could be wrong.:biggrin1:

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
papermate said:

Its funded in part by The Department Of Health, they make a big point of "No Sex, No Problems"

papermate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
davidjh7 said:
As I recall, fundamentalist muslims are also pretty sexophobic. But I could be wrong.:biggrin1:

Not really. If you look at their concept of heaven - whole bunch of virgins all for you - that shows an appreciation for the flesh no fundamentalist Christian would agree with. Fundamentalist Christianity sees sexuality as something closely linked to the Devil -- Islam has much less of a preoccupation with that.

papermate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
findfirefox said:
Its funded in part by The Department Of Health, they make a big point of "No Sex, No Problems"

There you go. The Department of Health ressorts under the Federal Government, which is run by so-called Christians.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
papermate said:
There you go. The Department of Health ressorts under the Federal Government, which is run by so-called Christians.

It's interesting...just today I was having a discussion about how the US is presently under a fascist government. Since the definition of fascism was debated, I looked it up online, per the Merium Webster online dictionary, which is less cntroversial than the Wikipedia definition.:biggrin1:

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/fascism

I think it fullfills the definition pretty closely at present....

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
You guys aren't apposed to Teaching Abstinence, are you? I think it is agreat idea.

IF there was a group out there, that went into schools and spoke about not having sex right away, there may be a few less unplanned births in the world.

I KNOW that sounds niave, but alot of kids are just jumping into sex without the knowledge of proper birth control, techniques, and knowledge of STDs etc. Why not really drive everything home to them... Heck SCARE them a little, so that they refrain from sex until they are a bit more mature??

papermate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
jeff black said:
You guys aren't apposed to Teaching Abstinence, are you? I think it is agreat idea.

IF there was a group out there, that went into schools and spoke about not having sex right away, there may be a few less unplanned births in the world.

I KNOW that sounds niave, but alot of kids are just jumping into sex without the knowledge of proper birth control, techniques, and knowledge of STDs etc. Why not really drive everything home to them... Heck SCARE them a little, so that they refrain from sex until they are a bit more mature??

Look at history, Jeff. People have been having sex since the dawn of time. And as soon as their hormones tell them to, those kids will want to join. Just teach them how to do it safe, they'll avoid pregnancy and STD's. Why tell them not to have sex at all?

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
jeff black said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with abstinence, but teenagers are old enough to start thinking about life choices and responsbilites. I object to the "abstinece only" rabid preaching that is going on in this country at the moment. Knowledge IS power, and the abstinence only crowd is rabidly suppressing ANY other information, with the excuse that ANY statement or information other that "No sex until you're married, and make sure you don't enjoy it THEN< either, just reproduce like good little funadamentalist rabbits so we can get more members to give us money and be drones" just leads them to believe sex is OK---the idea that sex is ALWAYS dirty and wrong, unless you are reproducing, is the message I object to.