Never had a wet dream>

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
jeff black said:
You guys aren't apposed to Teaching abstinence are you? I think it is agreat idea.

IF there was a group out there, that went into schools and spoke of Not having sex right away, there may be a few less pregnancies in the world.

I KNOW that sounds niave, but alot of kids are just jumping into sex without the knowledge of proper birth control, techniques, and knowledge of STDs etc. Why not really drive everything home to them... Heck SCARE them a little, so that they refrain from sex until they are a bit more mature??

I am I apposed to teaching abstinence? No, what I am apposed to is School Districts asking a group to co me in and ONLY teach abstinence. They try the scare tactics, but its proven that it fails on high school students, due to it being so stressed.

Telling kids about abstinence and all that junk, is good and that you should wait, is good.

But to not teach birth control, talk about what works best one, where to acquire these condoms and "The Pill" (Free Clinics), and not explaining STD's properly, is just wrong, and that's what the AWARE program fails to teach teens.

That's why I'm against this group spreading to different areas, because they do not teach what needs to be taught.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
papermate said:
Look at history, Jeff. People have been having sex since the dawn of time. And as soon as their hormones tell them to, those kids will want to join. Just teach them how to do it safe, they'll avoid pregnancy and STD's. Why tell them not to have sex at all?

No papermate, you have a valid point. Sex has been around forever:biggrin1: Teens are doing it younger and younger these days.

I have no problem with them doing it, but I do think that schools should have Manditory classes, that teach birthcontrols, techniques, and disease... SOMETHING more than SEX-ed does... While they are being taught this, it would be nice, if they spoke of abstaining from sex until they were ready. Not in a preaching way.. but in more of a

" Having sex young isn't the best idea, becasue there is alot of emotion attached., If you do decide to have sex, remember this, this and this..".

See what I mean?:rolleyes:

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
jeff black said:
No papermate, you have a valid point. Sex has been around forever:biggrin1: Teens are doing it younger and younger these days.

I have no problem with them doing it, but I do think that schools should have Manditory classes, that teach birthcontrols, techniques, and disease... SOMETHING more than SEX-ed does... While they are being taught this, it would be nice, if they spoke of abstaining from sex until they were ready. Not in a preaching way.. but in more of a

" Having sex young isn't the best idea, becasue there is alot of emotion attached., If you do decide to have sex, remember this, this and this..".

Part of the problem is the fundies have turned most of the sex ed classes taught in the US anymore into "Abstinence only" classes. Information is being suppressed that can save lives, or at least prevent alot of unwanted irresponsible pregnancies.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
jeff black said:

Thats what the group thats being pushed away in Porltand does, they not only show kids how to use birth control, all the techniques that are used, and all the STDS, they also give out things like the pill and condoms, but AWARE says only to not have sex and forgets everything else, and these are the groups the schools are switching too.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
davidjh7 said:
I don't think there is anything wrong with abstinence, but teenagers are old enough to start thinking about life choices and responsbilites. [ /quote]

Are they David? Are they REALLY? I beg to differ. Today's youth, is much more immature than what they are supposed to be. Look at today's children. Half the time, you can't tell a 14 yr old from a 25 yr old female. They are growing too fast, but still maintain some of their childlike innocence. Should they have the responcibility? ABSOLUTELY!. Do they,... fuck no!.

I object to the "abstinece only" rabid preaching that is going on in this country at the moment. Knowledge IS power, and the abstinence only crowd is rabidly suppressing ANY other information, with the excuse that ANY statement or information other that "No sex until you're married, and make sure you don't enjoy it THEN< either, just reproduce like good little funadamentalist rabbits so we can get more members to give us money and be drones" just leads them to believe sex is OK---the idea that sex is ALWAYS dirty and wrong, unless you are reproducing, is the message I object to.

No, I fully agree with your comment David. Using it as a preaching tool or as THE ONLY WAY.. is utter nonsence. Kids should be free to discuss, I just htink they should also be taught that SEX doesn't have to happen RIGHT NOW.... Waiting is cool too. IT should be expressed.

FIREFOX~ You are completely right. Not teaching about birth control or STDs in silly. IT should be done.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
findfirefox said:
Thats what the group thats being pushed away in Porltand does, they not only show kids how to use birth control, all the techniques that are used, and all the STDS, they also give out things like the pill and condoms, but AWARE says only to not have sex and forgets everything else, and these are the groups the schools are switching too.

DAMN Fundies:rolleyes:

NO, you know what.. that is a shame!! They should be encouraged!! TEACH the CHILDREN... MAKE THEM UNDERSTAND!!!:biggrin1: I don't care WHAT anyone says... KIDS under 16 ARENT ready to be having sex emotionally, or psychologically.

papermate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
jeff black said:

Oh, there sure is nothing wrong with telling kids to be careful on an emotional level too, together with teaching them what to use and how to use it. Funnily enough, that's exactly what's being done in Belgian schools.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
jeff black said:
davidjh7 said:
I don't think there is anything wrong with abstinence, but teenagers are old enough to start thinking about life choices and responsbilites. [ /quote]

Are they David? Are they REALLY? I beg to differ. Today's youth, is much more immature than what they are supposed to be. Look at today's children. Half the time, you can't tell a 14 yr old from a 25 yr old female. They are growing too fast, but still maintain some of their childlike innocence. Should they have the responcibility? ABSOLUTELY!. Do they,... fuck no!.

No, I fully agree with your comment David. Using it as a preaching tool or as THE ONLY WAY.. is utter nonsence. Kids should be free to discuss, I just htink they should also be taught that SEX doesn't have to happen RIGHT NOW.... Waiting is cool too. IT should be expressed.

FIREFOX~ You are completely right. Not teaching about birth control or STDs in silly. IT should be done.

I believe that we are actually all three in total agreement here---I guess I should have said SHOULD be old enough to start thinking about life choices and responsibilities. But then again, I hold that if you coddle people, and say "oh, you are far too young to be thinking those things, therefore I will just pretend you are innocent" just gives teenagers an out to being responsible and mature. Granted, there are alot of teenagers who have reached their 40's and still are teenagers in attitude, and not in a good way, but I;ve found that if you expect a reasonable level of maturity and responsibility from teenagers, and show them that they have your respect for being mature, then they will often act, and be mature in kind. THis country has lost the concept of personal accountability--it's ALWAYS someone elses fault. I think it is about time we hold people accountable at ANY age, to what they are capable of being accountable for at that age.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
papermate said:
Oh, there sure is nothing wrong with telling kids to be careful on an emotional level too, together with teaching them what to use and how to use it. Funnily enough, that's exactly what's being done in Belgian schools.

And MOST CANADIAN ones too... God knows why the AMERICANs are So SLOW!:rolleyes: They brag about having the Biggest and best everything, yet they also have the dumbest sexualy active teenagers..

Sorry guys.. I mean it in fun...with just a hint of truth.:biggrin1:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
davidjh7 said:
jeff black said:
I believe that we are actually all three in total agreement here---I guess I should have said SHOULD be old enough to start thinking about life choices and responsibilities. But then again, I hold that if you coddle people, and say "oh, you are far too young to be thinking those things, therefore I will just pretend you are innocent" just gives teenagers an out to being responsible and mature. Granted, there are alot of teenagers who have reached their 40's and still are teenagers in attitude, and not in a good way, but I;ve found that if you expect a reasonable level of maturity and responsibility from teenagers, and show them that they have your respect for being mature, then they will often act, and be mature in kind. THis country has lost the concept of personal accountability--it's ALWAYS someone elses fault. I think it is about time we hold people accountable at ANY age, to what they are capable of being accountable for at that age.

Well Said , my friend. I agree... and we are stating the same thing, now that I read back.:biggrin1:

papermate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
What it all boils down to is this: mature enough or not, kids will want to fuck as soon as they're physically able to. Some will chose to wait a while, others won't. The important thing is to teach them how to do it without any of the 'side effects.' :cool:

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
jeff black said:
And MOST CANADIAN ones too... God knows why the AMERICANs are So SLOW!:rolleyes: They brag about having the Biggest and best everything, yet they also have the dumbest sexualy active teenagers..

Sorry guys.. I mean it in fun...with just a hint of truth.:biggrin1:

More than a hint, unfortunately, Jeff. I myself am truly ashamed of what we have let the power elite do to this country. I just hope that when we finally DO come around, it won't be too late. See my earlier post about fascism....

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
davidjh7 said:
More than a hint, unfortunately, Jeff. I myself am truly ashamed of what we have let the power elite do to this country. I just hope that when we finally DO come around, it won't be too late. See my earlier post about fascism....

Ah, but David. You are but a small part of the country. Yes, you have a vote... but when it comes down to it.. it is JUST ONE. Things will turn around, people are going to start realizing that their towns, and country are going into the shitter.

IT just takes time.

oldman9x7

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
SO! I guess that fills everyone in on whether you do now or have ever had "wet dreams". ?????????????????????

Gramps

papermate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
oldman9x7 said:
SO! I guess that fills everyone in on whether you do now or have ever had "wet dreams". ?????????????????????

Gramps

C'mon Gramps - don't try and tell us you're against deviant behaviour.:tongue: