Never had a wet dream!

balboajo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm 48 and have never had a wet dream. I started masterbating since 11 and first started to produce cum at 12. During my teens and 20's I probably came at least 3 times a day (my record was 8). I wonder if that's why I've never had a wet dream, because I came so much otherwise. Who else had never had them? If you had them as a young man do you still have them?

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
From Wikipedia:

Causes

The source of nocturnal emissions is not known. A common theory, tacitly assumed by many researchers, is that they are the direct result of the stimulation caused by either erotic dreams or memories of waking sexual activities.[3] For this reason the term wet dream is also used figuratively for something very pleasurable but often imagined or hoped for. However, there has been little experimental evidence to support this theory, and many men claim to have had nocturnal emissions without accompanying erotic dreams.
Another common theory is that wet dreams are the way the body disposes of "built-up" semen, to make room for more. However, the body does not in fact need to do this, as is evident from the many men who ejaculate only on rare occasions and from studies in which there was no significant difference observed in wet dream frequency between men who ejaculated frequently while awake and those who never did. According to the Singapore Science Centre, sperm cells "degenerate and are reabsorbed (broken down and absorbed by the body) in the seminiferous tubules if they are not ejaculated. [...] [T]he occurrence of wet dreams is not so closely related to the absence of other sexual outlets as was once thought." [1]
[edit]
http://www.lpsg.org/
Frequency

The frequency of nocturnal emissions is highly variable. Some men have experienced large numbers of nocturnal emissions as teenagers, while some men have never experienced one in their lives. Ultimately about 83 percent of men in the United States eventually experience nocturnal emissions at some time in their lives.[2] Surveys in non-western countries where masturbation is culturally suppressed show 98 percent or more of the men eventually experience nocturnal emissions. [3] For males that have experienced nocturnal emissions the mean frequency ranges from 0.36 times per week for single 15 year old males to 0.18 times per week for 40 year old single males. For married males the mean ranges from 0.23 times per week for 19 year old married males to 0.15 times per week for 50 year old married males.[4]
Men who experience wet dreams more (or less) frequently than others usually do not have any sort of disease or problem. Some have them only at a certain age, while others have them throughout their lives following puberty. The frequency that one has nocturnal emissions has not been conclusively linked to one's frequency of masturbation. Widely-known sex researcher Alfred Kinsey found "There may be some correlation between the frequencies of masturbation and the frequencies of nocturnal dreams. In general the males who have the highest frequencies of nocturnal emissions may have somewhat lower rates of masturbation. Some of these males credit the frequent emissions to the fact that they do not masturbate; but it is just as likely that the reverse relationship is true, namely, that they do not masturbate beause they have frequent emissions."[5] For women the correlation is also short of conclusive "According to Kinsey's findings, women who suddenly lost the opportunity for several coital orgasms per week had only a few more orgasms in their sleep per year." [4]
One factor that can affect the number of nocturnal emissions a person has is whether they take testosterone-based drugs. In a 1998 study, the number of boys reporting nocturnal emissions drastically increased as their testosterone doses were increased, from 17% of subjects with no treatment to 90% of subjects at a high dose.[5]
During puberty, 13 percent of males experience their first ejaculation as a result of a nocturnal emission.[6] Kinsey found that males experiencing their first ejaculation through a nocturnal emission were older than those experiencing their first ejaculation by means of masturbation. The study indicates that such a first ejaculation resulting from a nocturnal emission was delayed a year or more from what would have been developmentally possible for such males through physical stimulation.[7]
Whereas an ejaculation normally terminates an erection, in the case of nocturnal emission, the subject often still has a functional erection afterward.
Although purported treatments to help prevent or diminish nocturnal emissions are available in abundance, none are known to have undergone any kind of rigorous experimentation or approval process such as that required by the Food and Drug Administration. Like the hiccups, there are a huge variety of "home remedies" with no scientific basis. Moreover, because no physical harm is caused by the act and it is not symptomatic of any underlying problem, it is generally considered inadvisable to undergo any sort of treatment except in cases of severe psychological trauma.
Involuntary orgasms can, more rarely, occur during waking hours in women as well as men. The German word Pollution (= Samenerguß), which does not have the same meaning as the English word "pollution", describes all these involuntary orgasms collectively

D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Experimental Member
Media
Hatched69 said:
From Wikipedia:

Causes

The source of nocturnal emissions is not known. A common theory, tacitly assumed by many researchers, is that they are the direct result of the stimulation caused by either erotic dreams or memories of waking sexual activities.[3] For this reason the term wet dream is also used figuratively for something very pleasurable but often imagined or hoped for. However, there has been little experimental evidence to support this theory, and many men claim to have had nocturnal emissions without accompanying erotic dreams.
Another common theory is that wet dreams are the way the body disposes of "built-up" semen, to make room for more. However, the body does not in fact need to do this, as is evident from the many men who ejaculate only on rare occasions and from studies in which there was no significant difference observed in wet dream frequency between men who ejaculated frequently while awake and those who never did. According to the Singapore Science Centre, sperm cells "degenerate and are reabsorbed (broken down and absorbed by the body) in the seminiferous tubules if they are not ejaculated. [...] [T]he occurrence of wet dreams is not so closely related to the absence of other sexual outlets as was once thought." [1]
[edit]

Frequency

The frequency of nocturnal emissions is highly variable. Some men have experienced large numbers of nocturnal emissions as teenagers, while some men have never experienced one in their lives. Ultimately about 83 percent of men in the United States eventually experience nocturnal emissions at some time in their lives.[2] Surveys in non-western countries where masturbation is culturally suppressed show 98 percent or more of the men eventually experience nocturnal emissions. [3] For males that have experienced nocturnal emissions the mean frequency ranges from 0.36 times per week for single 15 year old males to 0.18 times per week for 40 year old single males. For married males the mean ranges from 0.23 times per week for 19 year old married males to 0.15 times per week for 50 year old married males.[4]
Men who experience wet dreams more (or less) frequently than others usually do not have any sort of disease or problem. Some have them only at a certain age, while others have them throughout their lives following puberty. The frequency that one has nocturnal emissions has not been conclusively linked to one's frequency of masturbation. Widely-known sex researcher Alfred Kinsey found "There may be some correlation between the frequencies of masturbation and the frequencies of nocturnal dreams. In general the males who have the highest frequencies of nocturnal emissions may have somewhat lower rates of masturbation. Some of these males credit the frequent emissions to the fact that they do not masturbate; but it is just as likely that the reverse relationship is true, namely, that they do not masturbate beause they have frequent emissions."[5] For women the correlation is also short of conclusive "According to Kinsey's findings, women who suddenly lost the opportunity for several coital orgasms per week had only a few more orgasms in their sleep per year." [4]
One factor that can affect the number of nocturnal emissions a person has is whether they take testosterone-based drugs. In a 1998 study, the number of boys reporting nocturnal emissions drastically increased as their testosterone doses were increased, from 17% of subjects with no treatment to 90% of subjects at a high dose.[5]
During puberty, 13 percent of males experience their first ejaculation as a result of a nocturnal emission.[6] Kinsey found that males experiencing their first ejaculation through a nocturnal emission were older than those experiencing their first ejaculation by means of masturbation. The study indicates that such a first ejaculation resulting from a nocturnal emission was delayed a year or more from what would have been developmentally possible for such males through physical stimulation.[7]
Whereas an ejaculation normally terminates an erection, in the case of nocturnal emission, the subject often still has a functional erection afterward.
Although purported treatments to help prevent or diminish nocturnal emissions are available in abundance, none are known to have undergone any kind of rigorous experimentation or approval process such as that required by the Food and Drug Administration. Like the hiccups, there are a huge variety of "home remedies" with no scientific basis. Moreover, because no physical harm is caused by the act and it is not symptomatic of any underlying problem, it is generally considered inadvisable to undergo any sort of treatment except in cases of severe psychological trauma.
Involuntary orgasms can, more rarely, occur during waking hours in women as well as men. The German word Pollution (= Samenerguß), which does not have the same meaning as the English word "pollution", describes all these involuntary orgasms collectively

In Indiana, I think it's all that corn that accounts for so many nocturnal emissions.

kenshin_281

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I had wet dreams from the time I was 12 til i was about 21. All of them occurred while I was in the middle of an erotic dream. There were times where I woke up while I was in the middle of my orgasm, and sometimes I woke up at the point where I was just about to cum and was able to prevent it from happening til I could get to the bathroom to let it out there.

I've never had a wet dream either, i put it down to all the wanking i did as a teenager.

I'm 20, and I've only ever had two. They were both from dreams involving me pissing at a trough in a crowded public restroom. Unfortunately, I've never had the chance to try watersports.

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
COLJohn said:
So, rumor has it that you've been nibbling on some large cobs lately.

No. I'm STR8.
But my wife thinks I'm "out-standing in my field".....:rolleyes:

komodoman

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I had them all the time from 12 on. (and I'd jerk off daily) The last time I had one was at 40. I'm 45 now and I sure miss them. I hate not having them anymore. There was something really cool, and "manly" about wet dreams!

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm 20, and I've only ever had two. They were both from dreams involving me pissing at a trough in a crowded public restroom. Unfortunately, I've never had the chance to try watersports.
Yeah I like water-sports too.....I'm too old to have wet dreams now, but when I was in my teens, it pissed me off as I was having them a couple times a week. When I would wake up, I already had gobs of jism in my underwear. Wonder what my Mom thought when she had to wash them? Don't know why every guy hasn't had them, but when you have them often, they catch you off guard and become messy.

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Perhaps you've rendered her senseless from your punning. You're a flesh pile candidate. My instincts are seldom wrong. I believe cornholing originated in Indiana, didn't it?
No, I think cornholing started in Houston when I was a kid. My three cousins who are brothers used to fuck each other in the butt but grew out of it, as all 3 are as straight as they come.

thedude111

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I once read... "What was your first wet dream like?" Some guy wrote..... "Never had one....was already out of sperm by the time I went to bed!" I thought that was great!