Never on the same page

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by ChuckRich, Mar 2, 2006.

1. ChuckRich

ChuckRich New Member

Every time I've had an opportunity at a romantic relationship it's fallen apart because we're not on the same page. Either I really like them a lot and they lose interest in me or the other way around. Just recently I had the first situation, he was great and I really liked him but he didn't like me as much and we gradually just stopped talking. I still wish that had worked out differently but oh well.

Right now I'm in the opposite situation. There's this guy who I started talking to online just as a friend and things started to evolve into feelings but it went way farther way faster than I wanted it to. Now it's basically a long distance relationship which is something I didn't want and he's constantly telling me how much he loves me. I end up either responding in a very tepid unresponsive way or trying to sound as enthuastic as him. I've tried a couple times to bring him to the mutual realization that it isn't working and it seemed to work at the time then suddenly he'd go right back to the way it was before saying that he "invested too much into me to give up on us now".

Just recently I bought plane tickets to go see him. It didn't take long for me to regret it but the tickets are non-refundable so I'm going. Basically, I plan to take the opportunity to end it in person but he keeps talking about how great it's going to be and how happy his mother is for him and everything. I just feel like it's a lose/lose situation. There is the fact that my sister lives in the same state as him so if I decide not to visit him I could still use the tickets and go spend some time with my sis and neice and nephew instead. But that involves coming up with a way to break it to him that I wouldn't be coming to see him. I don't know WHAT to do.

2. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

Call me old fashioned but I don't buy "I love you" from someone I met online and has never felt my pulse, so to speak. There's much to be said for chemistry. I've known people in your situation to use the plane tickets and not see the person. Good luck.

3. Chuck64

Gold Member

I agree with Sorcerer. Also, you need to be careful when meeting him - do it in public. Meet him once at a coffee shop near the airport, break it off, get a rental car and go see your sister. He may not even show, so tell him you'll only wait up to an hour.

Draft saved Draft deleted