Never order from Dominos....

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Reminds me of the time the Ewetaw Health Department inspectors got off their lazy asses after an outbreak of 30+ cases of Type A Hepatitis and once the number had reached over 100 they discovered human poop mixed into the refried beans at a local Taco Bell in SLC.

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
OMG you beat me to it Nudeyorker! lol

I stopped doing business with them in the 90's when I found that Monaghan was pumping allot of money into PAC's and "charities" that were borderline Nazi-esque. Same thing with Blockbuster. I am not saying they do not have the right to support the causes of their choice...I am just expressing my right not to support them with my money.

As far as the sanitation thing goes....those of us who have done the restaurant gig at some point in their lives know what goes on. It is one of those things I try and shut out of my mind (like Wilford Brimley jacking off with a butt plug) when I go out. That is why I prefer cooking at home for friends...at least I know where my fingers have been & what was washed last :biggrin1:

I used to work in fast food and full service family restaurants when I was a unviersity student to help pay for my education. I never did anything disgusting to people's food (no matter how much of an asshole they were being to me), but I heard stories of others who did. You see this behaviour mostly with the "lifers" (as we used to call them). For those of us going to school, we knew that it was a temporary job, but to the lifers, this was as good as it was going to get. They knew it and were incredibly bitter about it. Often they would be asswipes to those of us who were in school because they were jealous that we would eventually be moving on to better things (which I did). I used to think to myself that I would go home and slit my wrists if that was going to be my life. It sure encouraged me to work hard and remain focused on my studies despite the enormous financial strain that I was under to put myself through university. It wouldn't surprise me if the lifers had tampered with cutomers food as a way of venting their anger at themselves for the poor choices they had made in life. About 6 months ago, I went to a restaurant for dinner that I worked at 17 years ago . It wasn't too shocking to me that there were still several servers working there that I used to work with.

I'm not making excuses for the idiots in the video. They deserve to me fired for what they did. What the general public doesn't realize when they are dumping all over someone because they are having a bad day, is that restaurant work is brutal and low paying - not something that you want to make a career out of. It reminds me of the old expression: If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. It's hardly surprising that the industry attracts shitheads like this.

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I used to work in fast food and full service family restaurants when I was a unviersity student to help pay for my education. I never did anything disgusting to people's food (no matter how much of an asshole they were being to me), but I heard stories of others who did. You see this behaviour mostly with the "lifers" (as we used to call them). For those of us going to school, we knew that it was a temporary job, but to the lifers, this was as good as it was going to get. They knew it and were incredibly bitter about it. Often they would be asswipes to those of us who were in school because they were jealous that we would eventually be moving on to better things (which I did). I used to think to myself that I would go home and slit my wrists if that was going to be my life. It sure encouraged me to work hard and remain focused on my studies despite the enormous financial strain that I was under to put myself through university. It wouldn't surprise me if the lifers had tampered with cutomers food as a way of venting their anger at themselves for the poor choices they had made in life. About 6 months ago, I went to a restaurant for dinner that I worked at 17 years ago . It wasn't too shocking to me that there were still several servers working there that I used to work with.

I'm not making excuses for the idiots in the video. They deserve to me fired for what they did. What the general public doesn't realize when they are dumping all over someone because they are having a bad day, is that restaurant work is brutal and low paying - not something that you want to make a career out of. It reminds me of the old expression: If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. It's hardly surprising that the industry attracts shitheads like this.

Exactly! Not to discount that there are professional servers out there who do it by choice and are damn good at it....but part of that professionalism is that they would never do something like that.

IMHO working in a restaurant for at least six months should be mandatory National Service lol :biggrin1:....what I learned back then I still use in my professional life today.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dominos is over-priced.....you can make your own pizzas at a fraction which taste better with the appreciation factor of having made it yourself and if your lazy then there are quality pizzas you can stock up your freezer with (again for a fraction)

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dominos is over-priced.....you can make your own pizzas at a fraction which taste better with the appreciation factor of having made it yourself and if your lazy then there are quality pizzas you can stock up your freezer with (again for a fraction)

Well I don't know about cost and time effectiveness but this is my pizza recipe. Dominos can kiss my ass!:wink:

Just in case you want to try this here is my recipe...
Tomato Sauce
In a large skillet on med heat 3 TBL olive oil, 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley, 1 med red onion finely chopped 1 celery stalk finely chopped, simmer until onions are golden. add two cloves of finely minced garlic and 1/2 cup fresh basil.
You can either cook in a stock pot...but I use a slow cooker...
2 1/2 pounds peeled seeded tomatoes coarsely chopped. 1 TBL tomato paste, salt and pepper to taste, ( I add a whole peeled potato to catch the acid).I put everything in a slow cooker for about 7 hours. When finished, remove the potato and throw it away) put the mixture in a food processor or blender and puree. You can keep this in the refrigerator for 4 days or freeze for up to three months.
Pizza Dough
In 2/3 warm water add a package of active dry yeast and 1tsp sugar. let it sit for about 10 minutes until it gets foamy.
In a food processor or Kitchen Aid sift 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour 1/2 tsp of salt add the yeast mixture thorough the feed tube and add 2 tsp of oil let the dough mix until it forms a ball, it should not be too sticky to the touch ...if so add flour until it does not stick to your fingers.
remove and roll in flour and let stand at least an hour before making the pizza, it may rise and need to be pounded down and formed into a ball a couple of times, roll in flour as necessary as it will become sticky again.
When it's time to make the Pizza
form into a greased cookie sheet or pizza pan,( I prefer a pizza stone.)
Add sauce to taste
This is the fun part
I cook sausage with minced garlic, toasted pine nuts, and spread that on top, with sliced mushrooms.(What ever your favorite toppings are make the pizza, top with mozzarella cheese, I also make one with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and bake in the lower third of the oven for about 25 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown and the cheese bubbles
Enjoy!

rugbyguy14

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I use to work in a upscale french restaurant and it was revolting what went on there if people didn't finish all of their meal things like soup and roasted potatoes were poured back into the big pot on the stove, garnishes were reused as well as the bread, left over wine was poured back into a bottle that was by the dishwasher and was used for cooking or made it's way back to the bar and was sold as "by the glass". food was tested to be hot or cold enough by the owner putting his finger in it, the place was filthy with mold on food and in the refrigerators, labels were taken off really cheap wine and the exclusive house wine labels were put on and sold as a more expensive better quality wine. I knew a lot of others working in the industry all with similar if not worse stories about not just what some workers did, but what the owners and managers did to help the bottom line needles to say I never eat out anywhere anymore after what I saw and heard about during my stint in the food industry

anon945

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Exactly! Not to discount that there are professional servers out there who do it by choice and are damn good at it....but part of that professionalism is that they would never do something like that.

True. I'm referring to those who work in fast food and family style restaurants - the low end of the food service industry, not fine dining where the servers make very good money, and are extremely professional about what they do.

IMHO working in a restaurant for at least six months should be mandatory National Service

I agree. I think the public would be much kinder to restaurant staff if they ever worked in a restaurant. I haven't waitered in 13 years now, but I treat servers well when I'm out for dinner because I remember how brutal, thankless and low paying the work was. I remember that when I was a server, I used to enjoy having servers as customers because they would treat me well. They knew exactly what I was going through and that a lot of thing were beyond my control. For example, who do people blame when the food is late, cold, or unsatisfactory? The waiter. They freak out on the waiter and leave a low tip or no tip at all. No one does that crappy work for the hourly minimum wage they receive - it's for the tips. What can the waiter do about it other than return the food to the kitchen. If they waiter complains to the kitchen about the food being late, the kitchen will take even longer to prepare it just to be jerks to the server. If they vent the abuse they just received on the kitchen about the unsatisfactory food, the kitchen will retaliate by screwing all of that server's orders. Thank God I no longer do that work. I used to come home from a shift and NEED a couple of beers to calm down from being dumped on from every angle. I was only able to do it for a couple of years and then I quit. It was the first and only time in my life that I have quit a job without having another one lined up - that gives you an idea of how horrible the work was.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well I don't know about cost and time effectiveness but this is my pizza recipe. Dominos can kiss my ass!:wink:

Just in case you want to try this here is my recipe...
Tomato Sauce
In a large skillet on med heat 3 TBL olive oil, 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley, 1 med red onion finely chopped 1 celery stalk finely chopped, simmer until onions are golden. add two cloves of finely minced garlic and 1/2 cup fresh basil.
You can either cook in a stock pot...but I use a slow cooker...
2 1/2 pounds peeled seeded tomatoes coarsely chopped. 1 TBL tomato paste, salt and pepper to taste, ( I add a whole peeled potato to catch the acid).I put everything in a slow cooker for about 7 hours. When finished, remove the potato and throw it away) put the mixture in a food processor or blender and puree. You can keep this in the refrigerator for 4 days or freeze for up to three months.
Pizza Dough
In 2/3 warm water add a package of active dry yeast and 1tsp sugar. let it sit for about 10 minutes until it gets foamy.
In a food processor or Kitchen Aid sift 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour 1/2 tsp of salt add the yeast mixture thorough the feed tube and add 2 tsp of oil let the dough mix until it forms a ball, it should not be too sticky to the touch ...if so add flour until it does not stick to your fingers.
remove and roll in flour and let stand at least an hour before making the pizza, it may rise and need to be pounded down and formed into a ball a couple of times, roll in flour as necessary as it will become sticky again.
When it's time to make the Pizza
form into a greased cookie sheet or pizza pan,( I prefer a pizza stone.)
Add sauce to taste
This is the fun part
I cook sausage with minced garlic, toasted pine nuts, and spread that on top, with sliced mushrooms.(What ever your favorite toppings are make the pizza, top with mozzarella cheese, I also make one with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and bake in the lower third of the oven for about 25 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown and the cheese bubbles
Enjoy!

Thanx for the recipe.....i'm now going to patent it and make millions lol....seriously though i'm a disaster in the kitchen, i think i would need some quality cleaning tips to deal with the aftermath....and the chances of burning the pizza amidst the mayhem is about 5-1

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanx for the recipe.....i'm now going to patent it and make millions lol....seriously though i'm a disaster in the kitchen, i think i would need some quality cleaning tips to deal with the aftermath....and the chances of burning the pizza amidst the mayhem is about 5-1

There is really not that much mess. Make the sauce the day before. Do all your chopping and grating of your toppings and refrigerate them. Make the dough and clean up the mess.
Once you assemble the pizza the only mess is cleaning off the pizza stone or the pan.