New 9/11 photos released

roblon26

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
To me it has always been the 11th of September, 2001. (9/11 to me is the 9th of November). Thinks - "Still we only gave them their language, how they bastardise it is their business".

In relation to the photos: I thought they were well composed (considering the situation) and helped explain to me how the buildings collapsed. The spread of the dust was a good demonstration of Osmosis.

To all of you who are now seething over my above comments - Yes I accept that 3000+ lives ended that day and I feel equally numb about the 2800+ lives that end every year in the UK due to road traffic accidents - equally pointless wastes of life due mostly to lack of attention or arrogance.

Last edited:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To me it has always been the 11th of September, 2001. (9/11 to me is the 9th of November). Thinks - "Still we only gave them their language, how they bastardise it is their business".

9/11 is not language. It is a numerical order.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Once again we have members starting threads, posting comments and trying to score cheap points using human tragedy as the "subject". Shame on you.

Over 3000 people died, I don't know how many injured, hundreds of police and firefighters and rescuers lost and countless other victims still suffering, and you want to use it as an attack vehicle to get to Vinylboy? WTF? It doesn't matter what he said in the past, or how you want to twist the context, this is a new low.

You told me I was "better than this" a few days ago and now you have the gall to use these pictures to attack a debating opponent on a big cock site.

That's real classy man. Your a real big man. A real American hero. Your Mom and Dad must be real proud to have raised such a clever guy.

And your yappy little fanboy is an idiot.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media

It is revolting to me that anyone would try to use the horror and the painful memory of these events for political gain or to score points. I am shocked and disgusted by the OP, but I am hardly surprised. It is also not lost on me that at the time it was posted, it could serve as a distraction from the ass whipping the OP was receiving in another thread.

roblon26

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Seems to me a few of you just like having a virtual bar room brawl. Vince - you mention people trying to score points and then you denigrate someone else - adult behaviour?

Come on guys (and ladies) behave yourselves.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Seems to me a few of you just like having a virtual bar room brawl. Vince - you mention people trying to score points and then you denigrate someone else - adult behaviour?

Come on guys (and ladies) behave yourselves.

Then why are you here, talking about how we bastardize your language?

By the way he is just criticizing someone for something he considers is in poor taste. And yes, that is adult behavior.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Over 3000 people died, I don't know how many injured, hundreds of police and firefighters and rescuers lost and countless other victims still suffering, and you want to use it as an attack vehicle to get to Vinylboy? WTF? It doesn't matter what he said in the past, or how you want to twist the context, this is a new low.

You told me I was "better than this" a few days ago and now you have the gall to use these pictures to attack a debating opponent on a big cock site.

That's real classy man. Your a real big man. A real American hero. Your Mom and Dad must be real proud to have raised such a clever guy.

And your yappy little fanboy is an idiot.

Settle down, Vince.

First of all - I didn't call Vinyl a name or attack him in the OP.

I did two things: I posted the pictures - which I believe give a viewpoint that puts the event/disaster into a perspective that hasn't been seen; and, I pointed out that VB has suggested that terrorists and/or terrorist threats are not a formidable concern for our country at this time - and that several of us that have raised the subject are paranoid.

And I used the exacto knife reference because that is exactly what he said.

That is not an attack. That is a statement that I believe he is downplaying, or has downplayed, the implications of potential terrorist attacks.

Jezuz.

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You seem to forget that Vinyl Boy is a New Yorker.

I'm very well aware of that fact, which is why it is so baffling to me that he downplays the risk - and he is steadfastly consistent with that stance. Without a doubt.

turn these photos into an opportunity for a completely out-of-context, personal attack on him.

I think a personal attack is more along the lines of "Mr. Such and Such is an asshole and bad human being" (such as Vince so eloquently deliberated above)

What I said was that Vinyl refers to terrorists as wackos with exacto knives.

Does that look like a personal attack? If it does, it is a strange looking personal attack. I have seen personal attacks; and that does not look like a personal attack.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Settle down, Vince.

First of all - I didn't call Vinyl a name or attack him in the OP.

You don't have to type an actual slur to slur someone.

I did two things: I posted the pictures - which I believe give a viewpoint that puts the event/disaster into a perspective that hasn't been seen

That should have been the end of it.

and, I pointed out that VB has suggested that terrorists and/or terrorist threats are not a formidable at this time concern for our country - and that several of us that have raised the subject are paranoid.

Still taking words out of context. Again, I stated that people who obsess about terrorism are paranoid. That is much different from people who are concerned about it. Regardless, you thought you could use me as your catalyst for your rhetoric, and tried to form some kind of character diminishing statement to better position yourself in this argument. It shows REAL desperation to try and boost one's image.

Nobody is more concerned about terrorism than the people who lost loved ones, the people who still have friends, family or anyone close to them fighting the war, or ANYONE who still lives in New York City more than 8 years after the attacks happened. This is something you cannot measure with your political beliefs. But even though there is much concern, there isn't a sense of dread, of panic, or of obsession over terrorism. If you can't figure out what that means, then you should refrain from making any comments on the subject matter.

Please, find where I said this. Quote it for everyone to see, and link it to my actual post. This way, you can misinterpret it (again) in front of everyone and I can correct you. It's sad how you can't decipher a few lines of text geared to draw cognitive metaphor, yet want to sit here and use your fallacies to make vacuous pillory of my temperament.

That is not an attack.

Yes it is.

That is a statement that I believe he is downplaying, or has downplayed, the implications of potential terrorist attacks.

However, if you actually understood what you read, you would have noticed that I never once downplayed the importance of terrorism or the need to be vigilant against those who plot to cause harm to innocent people.

You would have noticed that comments I made referring to terrorists as "wackos with exacto knives" were in comparison to the everyday street thug. Because if you actually grew up in a city or town that lived under the constant threat of gang violence, you could see the similarities. Plus, as I stated before, you would have noticed that I didn't say that anyone that was concerned about terrorism are paranoids.

So, again we pose the question.
Did you misunderstand or are you intentionally changing words to suit your arguments? You don't spell concern with an "O". :rolleyes:

He can't save you. Admit it star, you fucked up.

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Listen Star. You used those images to score a point on VB. Pure and simple. It's as plain as day. You called him out in your OP and everyone can see it. You can deflect and try to define a "personal attack" as something along the lines of what I posted earlier. And you are right about that. You succeeded in pissing me off. But however you squirm, it's still a low-down thing to do using that tragedy to make cheap points. It's in the same vein of 'Enough-for Me' using the Fort Hood shooting to criticize Obama.

If you want to argue politics, no problem. If you want to argue cause and effect and consequences of 9/11, no problem. But that was a cheap shot. Especially how you twist his words and make it sound like he trivializes terrorism when all he was doing was cautioning against running around like Chicken Little, tearing up the US Constitution and ultimately playing right into the hands of the enemy. I remember that post and in effect, VB was saying he wasn't going to hide in a corner and cower from any fucking terrorist.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Listen Star. You used those images to score a point on VB. Pure and simple. It's as plain as day. You called him out in your OP and everyone can see it. You can deflect and try to define a "personal attack" as something along the lines of what I posted earlier. And you are right about that. You succeeded in pissing me off. But however you squirm, it's still a low-down thing to do using that tragedy to make cheap points. It's in the same vein of 'Enough-for Me' using the Fort Hood shooting to criticize Obama.

If you want to argue politics, no problem. If you want to argue cause and effect and consequences of 9/11, no problem. But that was a cheap shot. Especially how you twist his words and make it sound like he trivializes terrorism when all he was doing was cautioning against running around like Chicken Little, tearing up the US Constitution and ultimately playing right into the hands of the enemy. I remember that post and in effect, VB was saying he wasn't going to hide in a corner and cower from any fucking terrorist.

Someone who gets it. In fact, I think everyone here gets it.
Everyone except you, star.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
the only way to stop these people, and minimize their chances of success, is to search for, find, and capture or kill as many as possible, and to keep doing it, indefinitely.

Kill as many what? Uh, yeah. That, and maybe stop poking a finger in their eye quite so often.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

That is not an attack. That is a statement that I believe he is downplaying, or has downplayed, the implications of potential terrorist attacks.

Again, you are ignoring the entire issue of context. And now adding one of personal interpretation. Still without providing a link.

My last word on this subject.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why can't people abide by the rules of rhetoric instead of dressing up their prejudices in bridalwear and falsely claiming some weird kind of purity, then attack people.

Patronus76

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dear ROBLON26,

Just a few thoughts and comments on your previous post...

"To me it has always been the 11th of September, 2001. (9/11 to me is the 9th of November). Thinks - "Still we only gave them their language, how they bastardise it is their business"."

Thinks - So, since you "gave" us the language, maybe YOU could actually learn to spell the words...

"In relation to the photos: I thought they were well composed (considering the situation) and helped explain to me how the buildings collapsed. The spread of the dust was a good demonstration of Osmosis."

Umm...thank god you didn't "give" us our education.

Osmosis is the diffusion of water through a semi-permeable membrane.water potential (low solute concentration) to an area of low water potential (high solute concentration). It is a physical process in which a solvent moves, without input of energy, across a semi-permeable membrane (permeable to the solvent, but not the solute) separating two solutions of different concentrations.

"To all of you who are now seething over my above comments - Yes I accept that 3000+ lives ended that day and I feel equally numb about the 2800+ lives that end every year in the UK due to road traffic accidents - equally pointless wastes of life due mostly to lack of attention or arrogance."

It is probably easy for you to "accept" the deaths of MY brothers and sisters that gave their lives or had them taken that day. Because YOU don't have the mental capability to understand any aspect of the situation. You are numb, from the neck up. Your comparison of lives lost in one of the most devastating terrorist ATTACKS in history, to those lost in traffic ACCIDENTS only proves your complete and total ignorance.
You sir, are a fucking moron.

Oh, and you might want to be careful implying the loss of American lives on 9/11 was, in any amount due to arrogance. I mean, you know when any American service members that are from New York might read this. Just a thought...