New Agers and New Thoughters -- what do you think of them?

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Enjoy this post... but it's kinda like masturbating after a very long day/night of fucking: ya never quite get anywhere and end up going to sleep with a raw cock and no jizz. LOL!

Actually, I did get something out of this thread. I thought it was interesting what someone mentioned earlier: that the New Age movement is the Hippie movement without the social activism, because the Hippie generation learned eventually that activism can be dangerous. Much safer to dance around in a field, contemplate your navel, go on an expensive retreat in the woods with a self-appointed guru, and convince yourself that this is somehow bettering the world at large. Delusional, but safe.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Great story. The reason they asked you to leave is because, despite the fact that they run around saying they embrace everyone, one thing they cannot stand is a questioning mind. They are dogmatic people. All of the world's problems will be saved by this latest gimmick. Oh, by the way, the New Ager workshop facilitators are, of course, crooks. The CEOs fall for their talk that you manifest what you believe because, well, that's easy to believe when you are successful. But I suppose the people in Haiti manifested an earth quake, and the Jews manifested a holocaust, etc. :rolleyes:

Back in the day when I still worked for "Da Man", I had the misfortune to work for a smallish company owned by a rabid New Ager. At the time he was big on neuro linguistic programming and found a way to manipulate every employee to take at least one NLP seminar. I avoided the issue until I discovered there was an NLP workshop in San Francisco, about the same time I wanted to visit some friends in the Bay Area. So, I marched in and signed aboard. The CEO/Owner/President of the company was thrilled that I was finally "coming around." My coworkers new full well that I was just twisting the tits of the system: round-trip airfare, three days and four nights at the Mark Hopkins, a $80 per diem and a car if I needed it. They had all been stuck going to a boring workshop 30 miles away.

The first day of the NLP workshop the "facilitator" made a big stink about how we are not what others perceive, but what we say we are. I responded (without being solicited) that by his definition, "I am obviously the Queen of France!" The New Age facilitator knew trouble when he saw it. He was not about to get stuck in a 12 hour a day, 3 day workshop with me. So I was asked to leave after less than 30 minutes. This left me plenty of time to have a nice, relaxing time in San Francisco. I especially liked entertaining friends in my hotel room by ordering us dinner from room service.

About six weeks later, back at work, the payroll queen who also did all of the accounts receivables/payables came into my office with a refund check from the NLP folks. She didn't know why they had sent it and asked if I had actually attended the workshop. Truthfully, I had. But I didn't tell her they had asked me to leave. I told her that they recognized our CEO had spent so much money with NLP they wanted to show their thanks by letting me attend for free. She believed me. After all, reality is what you say it is according to the NLP "science."

So much for dealing with the flow and glow crowd. No doubt the majority of the New Agers are completely full of shit. However, I do practice yoga, transcendental meditation, and some other stuff New Agers have embraced. But I was doing those things long before they became identified with any particular movement.

Flow and glow, flow and glow . . . and good luck with that.