NEW AIRPORT XRAY MACHINE AND PRIVACY

Gdmuscle

Just Browsing
Media
After watching a news story on the new Xray machine they are running a field test on in selected airports. It has left me disgusted at how the airline industry is allowing such a device to screen passengers for safety reasons. The problem with the machine is that not only does it give you a higher dose of Xrays it actually strips your cloths away layer by layer to see what's underneath. Imagine security watching you as the machine strips away your cloths front and back. Sure it can outline weapons and other devices that can be concealed under clothing, but how about other things we hide under our clothes. Sure many of us with large penises don't mind sure we'd leave most of the security guards with mouths wide open. But how about some of us that are modest and like to only share our naked bodies in privacy and with someone we'd rather be with? How mature can the screeners be, and how can we know that they are doing their jobs like their suppose to do and not use us as their amusment? Think about it, your body is totally outlined for they say a man for a man and a women for a women, but who's to say that man isn't sizing you up too? Tell me what you think and tell me if this is something that you'd avoid getting into?

Gdmuscle.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
while from a personal perspective I couldn't care less - if some goons wanna see me naked, good luck to them and I hope they didn't eat too recently - but on general principles the whole idea is clearly unacceptable. it's also unnecessary - metal detectors and spectro scanners will already uncover any weaponry or explosives anyone is carrying in their clothing, - even the cartridges in a Keramique handgun will show up, as MI5 have complained recently.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I dont care either and my second reaction is,
we had better get used to this.
I'm afraid that one day there
will be security checks everywhere, not just the airport.....the movie
theater, the store, etc.
It is the price we pay for the world we live in today.

I'm happy they are beefing up security, it has only
taken them 4 years.

db03

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Its not that accurate a scanner, and i really think these people have better things to worry about than your dick. :rolleyes:

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by db03@May 22 2005, 02:27 PM
Its not that accurate a scanner, and i really think these people have better things to worry about than your dick. :rolleyes:
[post=313615]Quoted post[/post]​
Not at the airports I have been through in the past year.....their eyes are glazed from looking for nail clippers. At DFW a lady told me to stop and called another lady to look at my x-ray. After a short conference, they let me go on through with no questions or comments. When I was picking up my stuff, I noticed them smirking.

Maybe I am paranoid, but then again, with my pockets empty, what were they looking at?

jay

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Airport security has its problems. Not everybody who should be further screened is and often times the procedures are clearly little more than a form of harassment based on how a screener feels with regards to a particular passenger (based on a passengers appearance, gender, skin color, etc.).

Examples of what can be viewed as unfair (and indeed may be): I have been forced to hand over any assistive devices for my walking(a cane or crutches), and then proceed through the portals of security. Fortunately I have managed this but only by a bare margin. I hold on for dear life as I move through, gripping both the edge of the portal, and then the edges of the area where luggage is passed along. I was once taken to the side and then carted off to another room where I had to remove my prosthetic leg. It was then checked for any forms of illegal substance or dangerous weapons. You want to talk about humiliating experiences, try sitting on a plastic chair in your undershorts while someone examines the only thing that can get you from point-A to point-B and back again. Recently, having made it through the first part of security, those metal screening portals, I was instructed to remove my jacket. My jacket was held to the side, as was my cane and one of those wands was passed along the sides of my legs. My balance is unsteady and there I was barely able to keep from falling over. When they were through, my jacket and cane were a few feet away. I had to plead to have the cane returned to me. The man who had screened me with the wand looked at another man who may have been his supervisor, who nodded and I at least had my assistive back. It's at times infuriating and always frustrating however if it means safety I am willing to endure those moments of difficulty.

A friend of mine who uses a wheelchair made the mistake of arriving at the airport alone. They had him crawl (essentially scoot through on his rear end, using his hands to push himself forward) through the security portals. Nobody was allowed (or willing at least) to help him. He has a lawsuit pending on this matter. The general consensus is that if a handicapped person is fit enough to travel alone then they should also be able to maneuver through whatever obstacle course the government has deemed necessary for passenger safety.

Needless to say I drive whenever possible; but, when I must fly I go as prepared as I can be. So far out of 7 flights alone since 2001, 3 have been met with screening headaches. Oh, and for the record, the one where they had me take off my leg also caused me to miss a flight, and fail to arrive on time at a hotel. But hey it wasn't a total loss, they refunded my fare--both directions! Thank you ever so much USAIR.

As for this x-ray stuff being instituted now, the victims most likely to be given the extreme searching will be celebrities and attractive men and women who screeners can't resist getting to know better.
Welcome to life. Personally I'd rather have the security even with the aggravations then to have my plane blow up.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I find the temporary embarrassment of a scan a small price to pay for added security.

Whatever you do, however, be careful how you express yourself while at the airport.

*spots an old dorm buddy across the concourse*
"Hi, Jack!!!"
:spank:

B_hung13.5X8

Experimental Member
Media
As the penis is not a bone, it will not show up on an Xray. Guns and other weapons show up because they are solid structures, made of metal.

The penis is neither made of metal or bone, so it does not show up on xray.

tuvok

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by hung13.5X8@May 22 2005, 06:12 PM
As the penis is not a bone, it will not show up on an Xray. Guns and other weapons show up because they are solid structures, made of metal.

[post=313672]Quoted post[/post]​

That's not entirely true, the different wavelengths will be stopped by different things, and there's always some loss in power when passing through anything, today these machines are good enough that they can actually reveal ur naked body outlining the skin and any other things you might have under your clothes, it's not the same as letting you strip though because it's not in pretty natural colours.

And just in good order, I study physics at university.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
This system is already in use at Heathrow Airport in London. I was there in January and both my wife and I were "randomly" flagged to be scanned with this new technology. We were assigned to gender-specific checkers in separate areas. They only did this new scan on us from behind and three-quarters-rear view, with arms and legs positioned in a few different ways. (I guess this is their concession to privacy, although it does seem to leave a truck-sized loophole for terrorists!) Our fronts were scanned only with a traditional handheld metal-detector wand, not the full X-ray vision treatment. The whole process took maybe two minutes. At the end they showed us each an image of ourselves and it WAS pretty creepy ... mine really looked just like a black-and-white image of myself, nude, from behind. I got the impression that the technology must've been quite new at Heathrow at that point, as the employees were positively giddy to show it off.

Steve

Pappy

Media
Originally posted by hung13.5X8@May 22 2005, 01:12 PM

[post=313672]Quoted post[/post]​

Hate to disagree with you but your penis outline CAN be seen in an x-ray.

topman29

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
what about the imbaresment it could cause to all the guys with penis modifications and piercings? theres plenty of us around!

Mr.Stout

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a Science teacher and former ER tech I can testify to the fact that soft tissue can be seen with an Xray if done right. I can't tell you how many times the docs would point out the outline of the penis and scrotum, and usually laugh about it to all the nurses. :)

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
the issue here isn't strangers seeing your dick - I doubt anyone really cares much about that in and of itself. it's the principle of surveillance and invasion of people's personal space and privacy by authorities. they're not ASKING passengers if they WANT to be scanned; they're saying "you're gonna be scanned or you ain't getting on a plane." these goons can already root through your baggage and steal whatever they want with impunity (every trip I've made in the past 5 years, one or more items has disappeared from my bags after I checked them, usually jewellery and/or tobacco), and that's also in the name of "security." nobody should be subjected to those levels of scrutiny unless they've been arrested and charged with a crime. x-ray scanners are just the next ludicrous step in an increasingly unbelievable system of deliberate oppression, by governments made up of proven paranoid incompetents.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Onslow..

Thanks for sharing your experience with airport screening. I have never seen a handicapped person being "processed"....errrr, make than demeaned by security. Therefore, I never even considered that humiliation would become a part of airport screening.

I can understand the need to check prostheses and wheelchairs and even to make individuals go through the equipment without their wheelchair. However, you would think that the feds would have available a plastic wheelchair for handicapped to transfer into rather than crawl or scoot through the metal detector. I wonder what idiot wrote the training manuals for airport screening and did NOT consider handicapped issues. Businesses, state and local governements, and even the feds are required to provide equal access for the handicapped.

I bet that idiot was a Republican.....probably the training manual was outsourced to a well connected consultant.

Sad.

jay