New Aneros Helix user, needs newbie advice

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by B_stanmarsh14, Jan 6, 2012.

1. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

Yes folks, just picked up an Aneros Helix, which arrived today, and certainly not as big as I thought it was.

Anyway, much as there is instructions how to use one etc, I wand to ask anyone who knows Prostate Play and especially the Aneros Helix, to give me any general tips / advice, etc.

One thing I have made sure of, is a good lube, in the form of WET Synergy, which I have used for quite some time now.

Anyway, hope some of you can help a novice in his first real trip in to Prostate Play :smile:

2. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Relaxation, and let your body take control.

Just lay there and work it with your butt muscles in and out. Relax relax...relax Soon you'll start to feel your body take over.

3. BigGlansDC

BigGlansDC New Member

Albums:
    Stanmarsh14, Rikter8 is right in his advice on the Aneros Helix. You can also find lots of advice from the Aneros web site itself.

I am also in the same boat with you on the Aneros. Recently I got both the MGX and Helix models of the Aneros. They both are good for beginners. I also got the Progasm model which is good for more advanced users.

There is a Aneros Users social group on LPSG which you may want to join.

Thom./BigGlansDC

4. arkfarmbear

arkfarmbear New Member

I've got every model. I got the first one over 5 years ago. Each one works very differently. I still like the old MGX the best because the ridges at the base stimulate the entire rectum, especially at the back. The "pro" users on Aneros site preach about the importance of being sure you cleaned out internally. That is a lot of work and may not seem necessary but if you don't the device does not have contact with all of your nerve endings. It also restricts the movement internally that you must have in order to get all of the benefits the device is designed to provide.
    The actual size of each device determines how it is designed to work. If you are not initially comfortable with the larger sizes start the sessions with the smallest and work up if you feel like it.
    The other point I think is necessary to share is that the Aneros will actually eventually cause you to hold off on an orgasm as long as possible. You will want the arousal to last for hours!

5. BigGlansDC

BigGlansDC New Member

Albums:
    arkfarmbear, I appreciate your giving us your five years experience with the Aneros models in distilled form. I hope to start using the Aneros MGX for the first time early Saturday evening!

6. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

Tried it last night..... fucking hell, what an experience!

Was only semi-hard throughout, but very aroused throughout, and a mind shattering orgasm, so much so, I had difficulty walking afterwards :biggrin1:

I think it's safe to say, that it will NOT be a daily use item (Certainly not right now), due to the amount it can take out of you, but dam, best £40 I have spent :biggrin1:

7. BigGlansDC

BigGlansDC New Member

Albums:
    Hi Stan,

Did you use an enema to clean yourself out before using your Aneros Helix? Just wondering.

Also I wish to congratulate you on such a successful outcome by achieving a mind shattering orgasm on your very first use of the Aneros!

The Aneros web site directs us to lay off the Aneros a day or so after a session to allow our bodies to recharge for the next session.

#7 BigGlansDC, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  8. Cum_is_Great

Cum_is_Great Active Member

Albums:
    OMG, I'm SOOOOOOOOO jealous.... I had mine for about 3-4 years and nothing... I honestly think I just have like no nerve endings anywhere in there. The device NEVER moves. It just sits there, like a plug. I have the Aneros MGX, Peridise and Progasm. *sigh* I've tried a couple of different other devices too, all to no avail.

9. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

One thing I do know about general anal play, is to NEVER use an enema, as they can cause problems with the natural gut flora, but you do need to go to the toilet, and evacuate your bowels before you do start, and always clean toys BOTH before and AFTER use, ideally with anti-bacterial wipes, and allow to dry.

As for taking breaks between use, think I am going to have to do that, as although it was mind shatteringly fantastic, it took a lot out of me, and guess it's even more important for a first time user.

I am in 1/2 minds to try again tonight if the mood takes me though :wink:

#9 B_stanmarsh14, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  10. BigGlansDC

BigGlansDC New Member

Albums:
  11. OscarM

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have the MGX, I've had some luck ... not "all the way" though. I found the ribbed part is a bit irritating and therefore distracting. I think because of this, I don't try it anymore.

Currently I'm a bit hesitant, yet curious, to try the Helix model because I feel I've wasted my money on the MGX. Can the Helix be irritating? I've read only good things about it, but my philosophy is that there must be something bad about it.

12. BigGlansDC

BigGlansDC New Member

Albums:
    Hi Oscar,

Get yourself the Helix Syn which the newest model of Aneros. It came out in April. I was one of the guys to purchase one from Aneros.com. It has an overlay of silicon which adds to its comfort.

Thom./BigGlansDC

13. Antarestar

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I can't wait to try one :)

14. KuronoB

KuronoB Active Member

Does anyone have both a Helix and Helix Syn? I have the old model Helix, and the new one looks interesting, but not improved enough to justify buying another. Does anyone have opinions on this?

15. mdlindqu

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have the helix Syn but it is hard to clean, I.e. Vasoline and IMO not worth the xtra $$. I also have the progasm ice, really easy to clean and I like the differences between the two, overall prefer the progasm ice:biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted