New Bill Bans Obese From Restaurants in Mississippi

The Mississippi house introduced a bill that would bar restaurants from serving those the Mississippi Department of Health deems obese. Why? Who knows? Maybe it's to protect the all-you-can-eat places? What do they do? Weigh every patron who enters the restaurant? What do you do at a drive-through?

Good of Mississippi to add discrimination to people who already face all kinds of discrimination. It amazes me that they assume fat people don't need to eat. Yet another reason not to live in the deep south.

Here's the article.

naimodo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Being from MS, I feel the need to respond. The MS isnt as racially biased as we are portrayed in media. MS suffers from stereotyping. While it would be stupid of me to say there isnt racial/sexist/ whatever banning fat people is called here, its also everywhere else. btw MS gives the most in charity of any state. Even after hurricane Katrina, MS which suffered much much more damage, New Oleans got all the press. Having been to NO before, it wasnt worse after the storm. It only had flood damage. I think the reason behind banning overweight people stems from the fact that everyone in the world loves to sue a big company. And despite what the media says, MS is home to alot of industry, especially since the storm. People sue MacDonald for hot coffee and for being fat, it makes sense for a company to protect itself. I wouldnt be surprised if this bill was trying to be passed in other states as well. Later.

That still makes no sense. Nobody said anything about racism or sexism or charity or Katrina. Banning fat people from restaurants has nothing to do with any of them. :doh:

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
They should narrow all the doorway entrances to the restraunts. If you cant get through the door you cant eat.

Maybe thy could aslo add huge steps so noisy little children cant get in and annoy the skinny customers

naimodo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You mentioned discrimination in MS, I class discrimination as sexism, racism, and everything like that. You didnt mention them specifically but I assumed based on all you had said, and on what most people know of MS, I should make a point to mention it in my post. Interesting enough, aside from the white trash people (which we DO have, mainly north of where i live though), few people are obese. That could be a reason they try to pass it here, it wouldnt have that many people to protest it. Then when they try to pass it in other states, they're be able to list all the other states that have allowed the bill. I apoligize if i went on a rant in my previous post, I just wanted to mention all the things i classify under discrimination. Later.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I don't understand why you would,stick up for such a
useless,waste of time,discriminatory bill, as this one.
To my knowledge,Iv'e never heard of any other state, putting forth such an atrocity.It's absolutely outrageous.
cigarbabe:saevil:

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yes, this is exactly what fat people face daily. It's just another slap in the face from ignorant rubes. This is EXACTLY what one would expect from Mississippi with the WORST schools in the nation and the biggest penchant for discrimination.

Yes I said it. And go suck it Mississippi, you are a bunch of biggoted red-necked dumb hicks!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They should narrow all the doorway entrances to the restraunts. If you cant get through the door you cant eat. :eek:

Maybe thy could aslo add huge steps so noisy little children cant get in and annoy the skinny customers
I'd rather obese people be allowed in reestaurants than ill-mannered children and their ignorant deaf mute parents. :tongue:

The Mississippi house introduced a bill that would bar restaurants from serving those the Mississippi Department of Health deems obese. Why? They probably think it will shame patrons into losing weight Who knows? Maybe it's to protect the all-you-can-eat places? BullShit! What do they do? Weigh every patron who enters the restaurant? What do you do at a drive-through?
The proble here, other than this being a stuoid ass law, is that fat/obese people are the last acceptable prejudice. Why? Because it's the only one people feel like you can control; but choose not to do so.

Good of Mississippi to add discrimination to people who already face all kinds of discrimination. It amazes me that they assume fat people don't need to eat. Yet another reason not to live in the deep south.

Here's the article.

eaglespga88

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well dont get mad at the government for caring about someones health. Its not their fault that the majority of people are to idiotic to take care of themselves and let their weight get out of control. Yes, there are always exceptions..people that really cant help it...but not THAT many people. It would allow alot more beds, and alot less wait time on rooms in hospitals if the obesity percentage were lower, and there were less sick because of it. They didnt say your normal run of the mill overweight, or fat person..they said obese. Its easy to get overweight, but you almost have to be TRYING to not take care of yourself to get obese.

Fact of the matter, it IS an epidemic in America already and if EVERYONE just lets it go and calls it discrimination, the healthcare will be in over its head in a few years (even more understaffed for the demand than they already are) as well as many other things. It comes about as a little discriminatory...but its more like a "hey...take a good long look at yourself, and straighten your life out"

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Even if obesity an epidemic in the USA, everyone is entitled to do what they want to their bodies. It's not as if people don't know what to do in order to take care of themselves and be healthy. With the exception of those who do have eating disorders, most of the so-called overweight choose to have that Double Whopper w/ Cheese and a large Vanilla shake even though they know it's not good for them. And why should they be denied the food they consciously decide to eat?

What kind of political moron could have came up with this sad attempt of a ridiculous law? Hey guys, instead of giving everyone affordable healthcare, let's just ban the fat people from Burger King!. I seriously hope the people of MS are smart enough to vote these idiots out of office.

eaglespga88

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All Im saying is if everyone should get free health care..then those obese ones who "choose" to eat the double whopper and continue to not care about their bodies should not get my tax money for their health, when Ive taken care of myself my whole life and the only doctor I ever see is a dentist to get my yearly cleaning...and thats not even M.D. My tax money should not go to waste on him, when he could be taking care of himself. I dont want to end up paying (in cash) for other people lack of care of their own bodies..if thats the case, they can pay their own health costs. Im not trying to sound discriminatory, it just wouldnt be fair to my hard earned dollar to go to waste on someone who could have prevented the spending of it in the first place if they would have just excercised.

I know I said the same thing like 5 times, but I couldnt decide which one sounded best for this side of the debate :p

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's a dumb idea. It will just create a black market for restaurants that serve overweight people.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
With the exception of jovial,how come the straight guys on here think it's ok to discriminate against people?
Fat or not so what?
Aren't we entitled to eat and look like we want to? Of course many don't have a choice,about being overweight or obese,but we want to now,regulate someones weight? How absurd and useless this bill is.
It could only come from the ignorant,straight red-necks,of
Mississippi.
cigarbabe:saevil:

jnp

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This is totally the wrong way to go about this....the various government agencies in America amaze me more and more everyday. You're fat, so you can't eat in public anymore....what the hell? Whats next, no groceries, no water, no life?

And I have to take up a bit for Mississippi...they face alot as a state from other areas of the nation, just like the rest of the South. Even though this is completely wrong, and very discriminatory, making fun of the State and the people that live there is unnecessary.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Something needs to be done to stop the rampant obesity in this country.

This is clearly not the solution.

But it's an issue that's just almost ignored by the state and federal government, and ignoring it is going to result in an even greater drain on our health care system as obese children and adults get type 2 diabetes and heart disease earlier and earlier in life.

D

deleted213967

There is precious little information about this proposed piece of legislation.

It was apparently introduced by 3 MS legislators (2 GOP, 1 Democratic) and the consensus seems to be that it will never see the light of day.

It is likely being introduced as a misguided effort to combat the well-above-average obesity rate in that state.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It just proves that the people of Mississippi are backward hicks.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'd rather obese people be allowed in reestaurants than ill-mannered children and their ignorant deaf mute parents. :tongue:.

It's funny--if you stand right beside a child who's causing trouble and ask really loudly "Whose child is this?" the parents suddenly can listen.

NCbear (who didn't remember how to punctuate that odd grammatical problem above--needing both a comma and a question mark in the same place)

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I feel bad for the morbidly obese. Most people can eat all they want and their bodies will never get to 500 pounds. I don't understand why they get to the point where they can not reach to wipe their ass and keep eating.