new boi...

B_8=D

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey every one im new to lpsg.org and hope to have fun here...

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Welcome to LPSG! Have a good time here, most of us do.

Just curious, why the spelling "boi"? I've always wondered about that...

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
thanx againg guyz...and its slang for boy lol

Yeah, I think we all figured that part out. The question is, since it's the exact same number of letters / keystrokes, and is pronounced exactly the same, then basically... what's the point? What does that spelling express that the proper spelling does not?

Not especially getting at you with this, obviously you're far from the only person to use this. But since you're here and the topic came up...

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, I think we all figured that part out. The question is, since it's the exact same number of letters / keystrokes, and is pronounced exactly the same, then basically... what's the point? What does that spelling express that the proper spelling does not?

Not especially getting at you with this, obviously you're far from the only person to use this. But since you're here and the topic came up...
The last two times I asked (other members), I got ignored...:confused: I just wondered if it has a significance...

B_8=D

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

well is almost the same ting but u say it differently...idk is hard to explain lol

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Here's the opening to the wikipedia take on 'boi':

Boi is a deliberately altered spelling of boy that has become recently fashionable, and is sometimes used as a synonym for male when referring to young adults. 'Boi' is often used within the gay community to refer to a young-appearing (and in reality relatively young) bisexual or homosexual male, especially one who is somewhat effeminate, or who merely wishes to distinguish himself with a different term from heterosexual boys.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Here's the opening to the wikipedia take on 'boi':

Boi is a deliberately altered spelling of boy that has become recently fashionable, and is sometimes used as a synonym for male when referring to young adults. 'Boi' is often used within the gay community to refer to a young-appearing (and in reality relatively young) bisexual or homosexual male, especially one who is somewhat effeminate, or who merely wishes to distinguish himself with a different term from heterosexual boys.
Thank you, alex... you are a veritable fount of wisdom (and resources!)

bboy24

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Welcome to the family. :D
I use boi alot when I type and talk, especially around my fellow bboys. Also, if you look up boi on wikipedia and other internet searches, it talks about the meaning of the word and gay guys. Very interesting and something I did not know. Does this make sense? It's late and I'm fucked up 'cause of allergies.

bboy24

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Haha. Yay for typing a response and not reading the second page. Haha. I'm such a stupid sometimes. :)