New Challenge, New Diet

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by _Jonesy, Apr 30, 2011.

1. _Jonesy

_Jonesy Member

I don't know how many of you are into the fitness/bodybuilding scene but I am now 20 and really want to radicalise my diet and get some mass on. Check out my photos for an idea of what I am like now.

I am ectomorphic which means putting weight on is a bitch for me, basically, and what you see in the photos is 3 years hard-labour in the gym.

So I decided to start researching ways to get myself into shape. At first I thought about the idea of doing a cycle of steroids to get me past this plateau. Silly idea but the forum I was asking about on brought me some good advice, which I am now taking.

Sort your diet out.

Being a hardgainer is no excuse, even a hardgainer can gain weight relatively easily provided they understand their diet.

I will not bore you with the details of the diet I have constructed but I will recommend this, do some research. Watch these videos by an ex-bodybuilder, he knows his stuff and truly educated me. Women/Men losing/gaining weight doesnt matter it will help you I guarantee it.

The knowledge you get will be invaluable. I feel so much better about my diet knowledge now:

Part 1: Dailymotion - Milos Sarcev's Seminar pt1 - une vidéo Sports & Extreme

The basics are this.

I'll be getting in 240grams protein a day (1.5x my body mass in lbs)
    I'll be getting in 562grams carbohydrates a day
    I'll be getting in 70grams of good fats a day

and finally around 3200 calories a day.

I'll be starting this is August. If people here are interested in a diary of my results or/and to see how I'm doing on a half month basis I'll be glad to update this but, in the meanwhile, wish me all the best :D

2. twoton

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm sure you'll hear this from lots of people, but here's my take on it: eat, eat, eat. And lift heavy things. Forget about bodybuilding routines if you want to get big. Focus on weightlifting. Do squats, deadlifts, cleans, overhead presses, and bench press for low reps. Then eat some more. You'll put on some bodyfat, but you'll get big and strong.

One supplement you might consider is creatine. It's been proven safe and effective and is endorsed by sports nutrition and training bodies around the world.

3. _Jonesy

_Jonesy Member

Hi twoton.

I get a decent surplus of creatine in my weight gainer (Serious Mass), as well as some BCAA's etc etc.

What I've learned about my diet is that this plan I've made will probably work. I've got a massive amount of protein, which are my building blocks for gaining muscle mass. I've got a huge amount of carbs, which give me energy and put on the rest. Thing is they are spread out through the day so a minimum amount is stored as fat.

But you're right. Think big Lift big :)

So excited to start I'm going to start on Monday if I can get everything in time.

4. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Are you getting that much protien primarily from supplements?

What is the brand of weight gainer that you are using?

5. _Jonesy

_Jonesy Member

No, actually only about 80 of it max. The rest is from high protein foods.

myprotein instant whey (for quick absorption post-workout)
    Serious Mass weight gainer (for supplementary meals). 1-2 half servings a day depending.

myprotein.co.uk (if you live in the UK) is turning out to be a very good/cost effective choice.

6. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    What foods are you mostly eating? Any good recipes?

7. _Jonesy

_Jonesy Member

I'm not a 'fan' of food so to speak. I eat what my body needs and that is about it. I experiment with sauces etc but mostly I've got:

Banana = Quick impact carbs
    Oats = slow releasing carbs
    Chicken/Fish/Beef/Turkey = Protein
    Cottage Cheese is a good source of protein
    Same for egg whites.
    Beans/Brown Rice/Brown Bread.
    Tuna/Pasta

Forgot if I've missed any but basically those are at the core and I'll mix it up. Say Tuna in Pasta, might change that to Tuna sandwich and chicken/pasta/sauce of choice.

Maybe a low fat curry. You get the idea. Lackluster I know, but it'll get me by.

8. ggsitc

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Sounds like you've done your homework and are on the right track, esp. staying away from the 'roids. If you haven't already found it there's a lot of good diet and lifting articles for various body types on Bodybuilding.com - Huge Online Supplement Store & Fitness Community! though watch out asking for advice on the forums there, there's lots of "broscience" to be had!

9. _Jonesy

_Jonesy Member

Haha thanks. And you can't beat a good old debate!

I'll have a look but the forum I've found is brilliant. The guys there really know their stuff and in just a few days I've gone from eating shitty pizzas etc to considering them a total sin lol.

Learned so much, and really cannot wait to get involved. My full diet is at the bottom of this thread, for anybody who is interest!

I know the forum title is dodgy, but they're all careful and take it very seriously which means when it comes to the diet sub-section, they're pros.

My Diet

Draft saved Draft deleted