New Docklands Steam Bath, London

Arthurho

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Anyone go here of late? A lot of changes apparently.

Lots of signage and checks warning about bans for anyone caught doing anything fun-leaning (which is kind of ironic given what most of the clientele seem to be there for).

Also, in what is the biggest change, they announced on their site that all evenings are now mixed...except for Wednesday's Women-only day.

Of the few times I've been, the Male-only evenings are generally packed as it is. Especially Sunday evenings. So this really presents as a wilful (and arguably baffling) move to shed off attendance from those guys coming to chill in the nude, as mixed sessions require shorts and have totally different vibe.

Can't speak to the "why" of it all with any certainty and maybe there's logic to the purposeful pivot. However, it kind of seems odd to cull attendance from what seems to be their main clientele: guys wanting to steam in the nude and guys looking for light fun in that same environment.

The only upside seems to be the fact that Sunday afternoons (which can be busy and "enjoyable") will now probably be "the" session to go to.

Only go every now and again, but would be interested to hear what others/or regulars have experienced of late.
That’s disappointing

John McWilliam

Cherished Member
Media
Anyone go here of late? A lot of changes apparently.

Lots of signage and checks warning about bans for anyone caught doing anything fun-leaning (which is kind of ironic given what most of the clientele seem to be there for).

Also, in what is the biggest change, they announced on their site that all evenings are now mixed...except for Wednesday's Women-only day.

Of the few times I've been, the Male-only evenings are generally packed as it is. Especially Sunday evenings. So this really presents as a wilful (and arguably baffling) move to shed off attendance from those guys coming to chill in the nude, as mixed sessions require shorts and have totally different vibe.

Can't speak to the "why" of it all with any certainty and maybe there's logic to the purposeful pivot. However, it kind of seems odd to cull attendance from what seems to be their main clientele: guys wanting to steam in the nude and guys looking for light fun in that same environment.

The only upside seems to be the fact that Sunday afternoons (which can be busy and "enjoyable") will now probably be "the" session to go to.

Only go every now and again, but would be interested to hear what others/or regulars have experienced of late.

Thanks for the update - that's sad to hear there have been changes to make it harder to go and just enjoy being nude and giving/receiving nude massages.

Has anyone been any time recently and could report back on what the vibe is like (still lots of warnings & checks?), and whether Sunday daytime is indeed the best time to go now ?

Thanks!

Mambo_man69

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
The new website says appropriate swimwear must be worn.

www.newdocklands.uk

Is this even on all male sessions?

I hope not, I’ve only been twice but I really enjoyed one of the few relaxed all male spaces where I could have a proper sauna in the traditional style without horrible wet trunks.

John McWilliam

Cherished Member
Media
The new website says appropriate swimwear must be worn.

www.newdocklands.uk

Is this even on all male sessions?

I hope not, I’ve only been twice but I really enjoyed one of the few relaxed all male spaces where I could have a proper sauna in the traditional style without horrible wet trunks.
All male sessions they don't enforce any swimwear policy. Typically you'll see guys with wrap around towels but many are naked, especially when showering (which is open and in the middle between the steam rooms) or receiving rubdowns.

Reactions: londonredhead

aurabka

Sexy Member
Media
Anyone been here of late?

Haven't been in a while and curious about Saturdays.

Now they don't have the evening session on Sunday, is there more of a take up of the Saturday afternoon men's session? If so, is the vibe any different to usual, which I hear is more shorts on than off?

Also, any other days with the current setup that are good to go to for the most...optimal experience lol?

John McWilliam

Cherished Member
Media
Anyone been here of late?

Haven't been in a while and curious about Saturdays.

Now they don't have the evening session on Sunday, is there more of a take up of the Saturday afternoon men's session? If so, is the vibe any different to usual, which I hear is more shorts on than off?

Also, any other days with the current setup that are good to go to for the most...optimal experience lol?

My experience has been that you are still fine shorts off - with or without towel around waist. I never wear shorts, and typically wrap a short towel loosely around waist like many others, but am not precious about it and sometimes walk between rooms nude/lightly covered. There will always be locals, particularly jewish guys, who use it completely naked (as is traditional).

Ultimately the tone is set by the people who use it so if you are comfortable being nude/mostly nude, go for it.

Can't speak on days of the week but I've found it can get slightly uncomfortably crowded lately.

The key thing as always is that it is not overtly sexual, and should never be, so don't do anything sexual with the exception of potentially very subtly during massages. There are still many straight guys who use it and it is not a sexual venue.