New Drug War Proposal

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, May 23, 2005.

1. Imported

Gold Member

carolinacurious: Sensenbrenner, the U.S. House Judiciary Committee Chairman MUST GO!

This is beyond outrageous.

http://www.alternet.org/story/22048/

Think Alternet is (or I am) too liberal, fine, here:

go here: http://thomas.loc.gov/home/c109query.html

and then type in "h.r. 1528" in the top search box.

2. jay_too

jay_too New Member

What would you expect from the ilk of Tom DeLay and the House leadership? ** excuse me, I had to go puke. **

On second thought, it is such a bad idea that I like it. Why? This is the kind of arrogance that preceeds the fall.

I think these goofballs are trying to reaffirm Machavelli's maxim, "Power corrupts, and total power corrupts totally."

jay

3. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    I heard about this a couple of weeks ago. sensenbrenner is not only a lunatic, he's also unbelievably stupid if he believes this legislation is gonna make a rat turd's worth of difference to drug use, let alone the drug trade. nobody's gonna turn in their friends or family for using drugs (unless they're as nutty as sensenbrenner himself), and nobody else is gonna care enough to bother. what a twit.

4. Supportive Female

Supportive Female New Member

...And I thought all the East German Stasi were dead...

5. Freddie53

Gold Member

This proposed bill is about as dumbass as it can get. The Republican Party is supposed to be about states rights and then the Republicans get a marjority of the Congress and now they want to make laws about powers reserved to the states become powers that that the federal government it directly involved.

Reminds me of stories of McCarthy the last time the Republicans were in charge of things in Washington.

Rape a child and get your hand slapped. Do a little drugs and go to jail forever. Nice American justice there.

Jana is gone so this quote is for her since she is not posting today.

This guy is a fucking bastard who is playing on the sympathies of scared people who don't realize that it is THEIR grandchildren who are using the drugs.

*JANA, let me know how I did filling in for you today when you return*

6. Dr Rock

Gold Member

my mother smokes pcp and calls me a moron.

7. jonb

Gold Member

Of course, nobody ever stops the cops or the CIA from selling drugs.

8. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

What really surprises me is that this surprises anyone. Folks, we do NOT have a benevolent government.

9. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

Us foreigners have known that for....well longer than my Father has existed!

10. Dr Rock

Gold Member

unfortunately, it seems that few of "us foreigners" have noticed that we don't have a benevolent government either...

11. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

unfortunately, it seems that few of "us foreigners" have noticed that we don't have a benevolent government either...
    [post=314379]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    Unfortunately, and obviously, the majority of citizens, regardless of the country, seem to think "Well, this guy has some serious problems, but he's better than the other ones." If more independent-thinking, intelligent voters would simply decide "no more!" and stick to it, and DEMAND accountability from their government, things would get better. I realize it is simply too idealistic to imagine that one person can satisfy every constituent, politically. It is, though, realistic to resolve not to re-elect any politician who makes campaign lies, resorts to mud-slinging campaigns, or disregards the tenets of the laws they are sworn to uphold (in my case, that would be anyone in our House or Senate who voted for any of the statutes which defy the Constitution.)

I haven't found anyone yet who agrees with me, but I think that any political representative who violates a law he supported should receive double the standard punishment, plus permanent bar from holding public office. For instance, a Congressman who votes for "tougher drunk-driving laws," and is then arrested for DUI, or one who votes against equality for homosexuals and is then found to have a same-sex partner or paramour.

A further incentive to politicians would be that they have to live under the same rules they make for us - the same minimum wage for freshmen senators & representatives, reliance upon the same Social Security as every other American instead of their own plan... the list goes on and on.

12. jonb

Gold Member

So have Indians. Of course, this is what happens when people vote based on what their minister tells them.

Draft saved Draft deleted