Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You realize this exact train of reasoning could be (and actually is) used by Jigsaw in the Saw movies, to explain why what he does is not evil?
That's an extreme example, but it does illustrate that SirConcis' argument could be used to justify doing absolutely anything at all to a chld.

The only reason the debate continues is because of the medical community's inaction on it. If they took a strong stance against it, or if it was declared illegal, then that would be the end of that. Within a couple of generations, circumcision would be so unheard of that we'd think it was just as barbaric as any other number of lost, forgotten, flesh sacrifices.
That is pretty much what has happened in New Zealand - but it only took 30 years. And at least two doctors said "I hated doing them, and I was glad to give it up."

D_yabbadabbadont

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My boy is uncut. Why would you do this to your baby, makes no sense to me. Religion pah!! If some moron a couple of hundred yrs ago had removed his eyelids for a holy reason you know idiots would still be doing it now!!

Saaga

Experimental Member
Media
Why mess around with their body unless there's a medical problem and it's necessary?

Exactly. I was cut, but I wanted to leave that decision up to my little guys. My wife was on board with that since it's a "guy thing." We figure that they can always get cut when they turn 18 if they feel they really need to. When we had our first son (our second is due in March), the staff at the hospital gave us dirty looks and the nurses even made it a point to explain that he may be prone to infections, teased by others, blah, blah, blah.

Circumcision is archaic and serves no important purpose. I've heard it compared to having one's appendix removed ahead of time in the chance that it might become infected (as an uncircumsized penis might).

wpsr2005

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My wife and I have had some very long conversations about this recently, as we are expecting our first child. All of my family have been cut, and even my 9 month old nephew is now cut. But, after long discussions, my wife and I are not going to do it to our child. I agree with the whole conformity, but that I can't justify to myself and to my wife, to have that done to our child. If he wants to do it later, thats his choice.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
Circumcision is archaic and serves no important purpose. I've heard it compared to having one's appendix removed ahead of time in the chance that it might become infected (as an uncircumsized penis might).
A good comparison, because that used to be the case. Appendectomies and tonsillectomies as a preventive measure used to be fairly normal to perform on children as well.

hungeagle

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
NOOOOOOOO---why hack off what you are born with???the old arguements about hygene are B>S--there are other parts of our body that can get pretty skanky if not cleaned regularly.Its as stupid as saying --cut off your lips so you can clean your teeth better and wont get gum disease.
My feeling is that ---done for religeous.reasons is no less than ritual sacrafice------subordination to another...........and lots of other non religeous jumped on the band wagon --check out Michael Ttsuarians few hr long utube on how us humans are controlled on other levels---am very thankful to may parents that I got mine

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My wife and I have had some very long conversations about this recently, as we are expecting our first child. All of my family have been cut, and even my 9 month old nephew is now cut. But, after long discussions, my wife and I are not going to do it to our child. I agree with the whole conformity, but that I can't justify to myself and to my wife, to have that done to our child. If he wants to do it later, thats his choice.

You are already on the road to good parenting...by taking in the information from opposing sides, and sifting through how it really relates to your child.
Congratulations! And all my best to the both of you.

gigantor68

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Again we go on about this subject. Parents should choose what ever they believe to be best for their son, based on their experiences and not what someone else tells them.

Circumcision is here to stay and will not be outlawed any time soon. Circumcision like any operation has risks, so a parent should make sure if they do decide to go down that path, they do their homework on who is performing it. I personally don't know of anyone who was circumcised that had any problems and have been happy being that way.

I don't agree with choosing based on what other kids at school might have or what the in thing is. If there has been a tradition in the family I see no problem if parents choose to keep a tradition because they have experienced that for themselves one way or the other.

There are people on both sides who will tell you they are happy with theirs and a few who aren't. Either way I think the son will grow up used to what he has and be happy with it.

Do you decide not to circumcise and then he says why didn't you get me circumcised? Or you circumcise and then later he says why did you get me circumcised? Stick to your decision based on your experiences, don't listen to others who want to tell you what they think. Either way is fine and don't worry about what others think, because everyone has an opinion and their opinion shouldn't be forced on you.

S

SirConcis

Yes, I think new fathers should get cut if they are not cut yet. This will save them precious seconds every day in the shower since they won't have to retract and wash under foreskin, and those are extra seconds they will be abl eto spend with their sons.

:)

Astro

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I can't believe people are still mutilating their children for such stupid reasons! It seems to be religion (I am atheist. I ask now 'why? for chrissake what does that mean to me?'), 'tradition' ('everybody else seems to be done- he'll fit in better!'- ONLY a US thing), 'health benefits' (now shown to be total bunkum), 'cosmetic' ('looks better- women prefer it'- does it? Do they? The rest of the world seems to get by just fine!).

Listen up new parents- DON'T do your sons. You're taking skin off for phoney reasons, skin that contain many nerve endings heavily involved in sexual enjoyment. Circumcision is going out of fashion. Your son will come back to you one day saying 'Dad, why did you mutilate me like that? I'd rather have stayed as nature intended thank you.' I wish my mother was still live (Jewish- that was why) so I could have out my rage at what they did to me. My father I have cut out altogether, largely for acquiescing. And don't ever do your son 'so he looks like Dad, or to fit in! We laugh at ethnic tribes who put plates in their earlobes or lower lips- think about it, is circumcision any different?

gigantor68

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't believe people are still mutilating their children for such stupid reasons! It seems to be religion (I am atheist. I ask now 'why? for chrissake what does that mean to me?'), 'tradition' ('everybody else seems to be done- he'll fit in better!'- ONLY a US thing), 'health benefits' (now shown to be total bunkum), 'cosmetic' ('looks better- women prefer it'- does it? Do they? The rest of the world seems to get by just fine!).

Listen up new parents- DON'T do your sons. You're taking skin off for phoney reasons, skin that contain many nerve endings heavily involved in sexual enjoyment. Circumcision is going out of fashion. Your son will come back to you one day saying 'Dad, why did you mutilate me like that? I'd rather have stayed as nature intended thank you.' I wish my mother was still live (Jewish- that was why) so I could have out my rage at what they did to me. My father I have cut out altogether, largely for acquiescing. And don't ever do your son 'so he looks like Dad, or to fit in! We laugh at ethnic tribes who put plates in their earlobes or lower lips- think about it, is circumcision any different?

That's your opinion.

Circumcision is not going out of fashion. In some places the numbers are shifting. Now with Muslim birth rates ahead of most European countries, Circumcision numbers will go up, also when Muslims get into governments some laws may change.

There is also the opinion that circumcision is improving the penis, removing the foreskin that gets in the way. The facts are you have people supporting both sides, it's not a one way street that so many are trying to portray.
If Circumcision was such a bad thing it would be banned and outlawed. It's a bit hard to ban it and outlaw it when most people who have had it done are happy with it.

You might laugh at ethnic tribes who do different things to western society, but do you think you have the right to tell them what to do? You can have your opinion and do what you believe is the best thing for your son, but don't think you have the right to tell someone who believes circumcision isn't as bad as what some make it out to be.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
of note, my mom circumcised us (4 boys) herself ! LOL

Whoa, whoa, whoa...whaaat? As in she drove you to the hospital, or as in she was the one with the knife???

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like "ur fambly is weerd lol", I've just never heard of someone whose parent DIYed their kid's circumcision.

Anyway, good on you for giving your kid the freedom to choose what happens to his own genitalia.

JonathanQ

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The foreskin has only one purpose. Good sex. It is there for that purpose and that purpose alone. If your parents decided to have you circumcised as a child, no matter how great your sex life is, you will always wonder what you might be missing. And as for adults who have been circumcised and say sex is better than ever, how many would ever admit that it wasn't? As has been said before, "Circumcision is a solution looking for a problem."

B_nudebudlondon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am not cut and as a gay man have been with guys that are.....I know for a fact I have far more sensation in the bell end of my cock than guys who've been cut.......and for that reason alone I think we should leave the forskin alone unless its too tight for retraction.

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
I know several guys who were circumcised as adults. They ALL say that they wish they had their foreskins back and YES it maked a difference.

I am glad that I had the choice to decide whether or not to keep mine. I am happily foreskinned. I thought about it at one time. After reading and talking to men who had it done as adults, I decided that it was not for me.

S

SirConcis

One thing to consider:

In a country where circumcision is prevalent, leaving a son uncut opens him for some jokes/ridicule.

In a country where foreskins are prevalent, having son circumcisied will still result in some ribbng because he is different, but the ribbing will not be deragatory in nature. In a way, the uncuts will respect the guy whose head is exposed and just note his difference instead of insulting him with "ugly anteater" type of comments.

Either way, it depends on what the boy's friends will be in his neighbouhood. And it also depends whether the parents who choose to have son different from the norm have the convnctions to edicate/convince their son that his type of penis is petter and that he should be proud of it.