New Girl Around...

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hi everyone. My name is Miku and I am new to the site. I thought this site would be a fun way to meet new people! I am 21 years old. I moved to the USA from Japan. I am studying at Berkley University. Hope to talk to a lot of you!

Domo arigatou gozaimasu!
Hajimemashita! Dozo Yorushiku!
Ahh soo desu ne! Ninhongo o hanashimashita. Ima boku wa nihongo o hanashimasen.

LoL...ehhh, that was horrible. At any rate, welcome to the board! ^_^

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Huh, guess you really were a fake. You totally just spelled "hajimemashite" and "dozou yoroshiku" incorrectly. Oh well. :biggrin1:

Romaji spelling doesn't have a set 'correct' way of spelling really. It's not exactly there most important of the 4 ways they can write out things. :tongue: I don't know whether she is real or not though, but if she messed up in Kanji, Katakana, or Hiragana I'd be more inclined to believe that.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Romaji spelling doesn't have a set 'correct' way of spelling really. It's not exactly there most important of the 4 ways they can write out things. :tongue: I don't know whether she is real or not though, but if she messed up in Kanji, Katakana, or Hiragana I'd be more inclined to believe that.

Actually, romaji does have a set "correct" way of spelling. Long "o" sounds are either:

-ou
-oo
-ō

That said, if she had just accidently said "dozo" instead of "dozou", I wouldn't think twice because JP using romaji do that all the time.

It was more that she spelled "yoroshiku" as "yorushiku" and "hajimemashite" as "hajimemashita". A native's not making those kinds of mistakes, but I've certainly seen some first year Japanese language students make them.

Meanwhile, her English is flawless. :tongue: Etc.