New here, hello

Cicero77

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
:hi: Hello floridaswimmer, nice to meet you to. It's great to be the first person to welcome you to the forum (I'm still fairly new here myself I guess).

Hey, I see you lived in the UK - where abouts? I'm a Londoner you see.

Look forward to talking to you sometime. :)

Ian.

Jace: Welcome, I'm new here too. I think you'll find a crazy bunch of folks here.

tristan 12

Experimental Member
Media
Welcome! I am a newbie as well ;)

I understand that your president Bush took a large percentage of the Christian vote. Might I ask if he took yours?

floridaswimmer

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by tristan 12@Oct 15 2005, 01:52 PM
Welcome! I am a newbie as well ;)

I understand that your president Bush took a large percentage of the Christian vote. Might I ask if he took yours?
[post=351989]Quoted post[/post]​

Though I do not agree with everything our president has done, he did get my vote. In my opinoin he was better than the alternative...

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by floridaswimmer+Oct 17 2005, 10:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(floridaswimmer &#064; Oct 17 2005, 10:38 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-tristan 12@Oct 15 2005, 01:52 PM
Welcome&#33;  I am a newbie as well ;)

I understand that your president Bush took a large percentage of the Christian vote.  Might I ask if he took yours?

Though I do not agree with everything our president has done, he did get my vote. In my opinoin he was better than the alternative...
[post=352624]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
And since you knew jack shit about the alternative, that&#39;s really stupid.

Isn&#39;t it funny how Christians still have a persecution complex, almost 1700 years after the last one was thrown to the lions?

floridaswimmer

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by jonb+Oct 18 2005, 01:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; Oct 18 2005, 01:33 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by floridaswimmer@Oct 17 2005, 10:38 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-tristan 12
@Oct 15 2005, 01:52 PM
Welcome&#33;  I am a newbie as well ;)

I understand that your president Bush took a large percentage of the Christian vote.  Might I ask if he took yours?

[post=352624]Quoted post[/post]​
And since you knew jack shit about the alternative, that&#39;s really stupid.

Isn&#39;t it funny how Christians still have a persecution complex, almost 1700 years after the last one was thrown to the lions?
[post=352720]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Your right. I knew absolutly nothing about the alternative... I voted purely on the fact Bush was a Republican. Get real. Why is it that Liberals always think that they are the only free thinkers and that conservatives are only following the leader. I watched all the dabates, read many articles, and studied the candidates.

My sister voted for Kerry because she thought he was "intellectually a better candidate." Several months after the campaigns ended the facts came out that their grades at Yale were nearly identicale.

Just because a person can converse in an eloquent manner does not make that person intelligent or morally right. Stalin was a great public speaker and incredibly intelligent, but I don&#39;t think many people today would agree that his five year plans worked; especially the millions of Russians and Asian peoples who died because of a lack of food.

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Swimmer, given the events of the past 12 months, would you say that you did the right thing? Are you one of the 38 percent of Americans who still approves of the job GWB is doing, and one of the 32 percent of Americans who think the country is on the right track?

floridaswimmer

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by Hung Muscle@Oct 18 2005, 12:46 PM
Swimmer, given the events of the past 12 months, would you say that you did the right thing? Are you one of the 38 percent of Americans who still approves of the job GWB is doing, and one of the 32 percent of Americans who think the country is on the right track?
[post=352857]Quoted post[/post]​

The events of the last 12 months are essentially irrelevant. Nobody can know what would have happened if Kerry had won. It is entirely possible, and probable, that the same events would have taken place. The US would still be in Iraq, the vote for a constitution would still have happened, and the terror attacks in that country would not have ceased.

We need to face the facts that the people in Iraq and the world who are terrorizing the local populations and others abroad do not care who is in power in our contries. The bombing of the Cole happened with Clinton in the White House, as did the bombings in New York, East Africa, and Berlin.

I find it amazing that we try to rationalize what nut jobs do. These people regularily spout "death to America" and "Death to Isreal" and we ask ourselves, "what have we done?" Nothing, that is the answer. They have always hated our way of life and will in all likelyhood continue that way.

BUT I AM NOT MEANING THE GENERAL ARAB OR MUSLIM POPULATION. I am talking about a small group of people who are truely misguided and are not in keeping with the rest of their peoples.

But I really did not get into this to debate world politics so....

Hello, everybody&#33;

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by floridaswimmer+Oct 18 2005, 04:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(floridaswimmer &#064; Oct 18 2005, 04:30 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Your right.
[/b]

If you want to talk about knowledge, you&#39;re not off to a good start.

Originally posted by floridaswimmer@Oct 18 2005, 04:30 AM
I knew absolutly nothing about the alternative...
Well, let&#39;s start with the Swift Boat people, many of them never serving in Vietnam, the ones who did never serving with Kerry, and the few who did serve with Kerry only saying so because everyone else was.

I voted purely on the fact Bush was a Republican. Get real. Why is it that Liberals always think that they are the only free thinkers and that conservatives are only following the leader. I watched all the dabates, read many articles, and studied the candidates.
Because we actually publish how we came to our conclusions. You, on the other hand, don&#39;t.

My sister voted for Kerry because she thought he was "intellectually a better candidate." Several months after the campaigns ended the facts came out that their grades at Yale were nearly identicale.
Yeah, but you obviously dropped out of middle school.

<!--QuoteBegin-floridaswimmer
@Oct 18 2005, 04:30 AM
Just because a person can converse in an eloquent manner does not make that person intelligent or morally right. Stalin was a great public speaker and incredibly intelligent, but I don&#39;t think many people today would agree that his five year plans worked; especially the millions of Russians and Asian peoples who died because of a lack of food.
[post=352852]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
I didn&#39;t even mention intellect. I personally think Bush is only letting on like he&#39;s stupid so we&#39;ll think he&#39;s harmless.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
How is it that a light "new to the boards" topic can turn so brutal so quickly?

Welcome, floridaswimmer. Yeah, I&#39;m probably as liberal as they come, but I hope your stay at LPSG proves both entertaining and educational. (It isn&#39;t always this divisive and reactionary, though there are moments...)

:hi:

viking

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hey Florida Swimmer.

I&#39;m an ex-Floridian. I escaped to California after Grad school much to the disapproval of my family. Welcome to LPSG and know that even though we don&#39;t all agree here, we are still respectful of other&#39;s belief systems.

Right Jonb?