New Here

Andy-on-Sea

Just Browsing
Media
Hi, new here to the website. I discovered it quite by accident while looking for some information on a brand of underwear and lurked a couple of weeks before joining. I've never joined a forum before, but found this one open and frank about men's issues from a broad spectrum of orientations. Thanks guys and gals!

My question is in regards to how others wear the kilt...regimental or not. Hanging loose is fun, authenic, and certainly makes trips to the men's room easier, but I'm afraid of breaking several decency laws. Of course, never regimental to the parish St. Andrew's festival! Any amusing anecdotes?

Andy

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Welcome, Andy! I have a friend in the old country, in Edinburgh... he is quite up-to-date in the latest in kilt wear. I'll pass on any questions you have, in particular. And I hope you look as hot in yours as he does in his!

nitsud

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by Andy-on-Sea@Oct 4 2005, 02:38 PM
Hi, new here to the website. I discovered it quite by accident while looking for some information on a brand of underwear and lurked a couple of weeks before joining. I've never joined a forum before, but found this one open and frank about men's issues from a broad spectrum of orientations. Thanks guys and gals!

My question is in regards to how others wear the kilt...regimental or not. Hanging loose is fun, authenic, and certainly makes trips to the men's room easier, but I'm afraid of breaking several decency laws. Of course, never regimental to the parish St. Andrew's festival! Any amusing anecdotes?

Andy
[post=348816]Quoted post[/post]​

I always understood that it was the way your were supposed to wear a kilt. (regimental) You can note break any decency laws when its tradition. I even seen a picture of the Queen and her service men, and one of the men setting next to her did not have his kilt pulled down enough and exposed his genitals.

Personaly I would love to ware them regimental. The freedom, I hate to be confined.

fifermdr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well I am a proud Scotsman and i sometimes am a true Scotsman and sometimes am not.

It really depends on how i feel though the last time i wore one i fell during the meal and if i hadnt worn underwear then im afraid the guests would have got more than a tasty dessert!!!

might even put a pic up if your lucky!! x

:bounce:

Andy-on-Sea

Just Browsing
Media
Thanks for the posts. The decency law thing was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

DC and BBB2.5, I hope I look hot in mine, considering what that Edinburgh kilt maker charged for it! The clan is Gunn and I wear the ancient tartan.

Viking, I was a some highland games a few months ago and the Utilikilt folks were there. A bunch of guys were wearing them and they really looked great, especially with boots. The big pockets seem more useful than a sporan.

Jimmy, you are from my favorite city. I'm there about 3 weeks out of the year on business. First thing I go to the Goat in Kensington for fish & chips and a pint!

Andy

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Viking ,,
The last time we had a kilt thread you promised us that you would show us pics of you in your leather kilt! SO what do you wear on your feet? I would think that Doc Martens would be a safe choice.

Naughty

c.dub

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Personally, I just have one experience with a kilt. I have a couple (m & f) of great friends from Scotland and we had a bar crawl/ party for Terry before he went back. He was always submerging himself into our culture and handling himself as we would while he was staying with us in college. A few of us guys who were the closest to Terry decided to wear our kilts (he and his fam presented four of us with them as gifts) out for the bar crawl and to the party. We wore no underwear because Terry said that he never did, it didn't take long at all for our friends to realize this and take advantage of the situation as often as possible. Most of my friends know of my endowment (thanks to a rather loud ex) and I was top target for the "upskirting". Basically everyone at every bar we went to got a view of my goods, not to mention everyone at our party (including the parents and relitaves of Terry). I got a number of comments/compliments throughout the evening. Depending on how modest you are this could be a horrible or great story for you. I have no problem with it, just another time where I get to be the center of attention. I say free ball and enjoy, it's not often that you find youself getting to be that free in public.

cheers

ps after a long day of drinking, I did find myself giving people looks. Cartwheels were the best!