New in pack "FTL" branded Fruit of The Looms!

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by xmarksbreakdownx, Sep 1, 2011.

1. xmarksbreakdownx

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ok, no one else may find this interesting, but I've alweighs wanted a pair of "FTL" waistband boxer briefs (Flickr: Please wait...), but by the time I started buying my own underwear (2008/2009) They had stoped making them like that and with the "Fruit of the Loom" waistband, so I assumed all hope was lost.

Yesterday I was out riding with some time to kill and decided to go by Big Lots to look around, mostly because they still carry http://img2.prosperent.com/images/2...com/images/product/thumbnail_el7601c.jpg this as opposed to this one http://www.mensunderwearpouch.com/images_products/Fruit-Of-The-Loom-Boxer-Briefs-4-Pack.jpg (Which I don't care for to much.

While I was looking I found a Pack of "2 Trunk Briefs" with the "FTL" waistband dated 2003. IN MY SIZE. I grabbed them, and bought them without second thought. In all honesty, they fit slight shorter than normal boxer briefs, but not as short as trunks. I took pics if anyone wants to see them.

I'm VERY happy =)

#1 xmarksbreakdownx, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  2. cdunstan1

Gold Member

Albums:
    Dude, I think Fruits are awesome. I've got to pairs of briefs with the FTL band from the 90's. I only wear them about once a year so they'll last forever.

Lucky find:)

3. xmarksbreakdownx

Gold Member

Albums:
    I know, I'm glad I have them. luckily I have two pair, one black one grey.

4. mthomson2020

mthomson2020 Member

Albums:
    i think they did a marketing mistake when they put the full "fruit of the loom" on their wasteband. it makes it look cheap.

FTL was what i loved. i honestly cant tell much difference between fruits and hanes, but if i was going to wear "cheaper" underwear, i was a FTL man when they said "FTL" on the waistband.

Dropped fruits like they were hot for hanes when they dropped the cooler looking FTL waistband

5. london_bi

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    So let's see that pic :)

6. xmarksbreakdownx

Gold Member

Albums:
    Mthomson2020> Lol. clearly I agree with you. I remember my friends having them growing up, and how I wanted a pair, but my mom only brought Hanes, and I was to shy to ask.

London Bi> I'm not sure how to add a pic that everyone can see here... How do I do that?

7. john1deere

john1deere New Member

Albums:
    I definitely agree with you dude. FTL looks so much better (and more masculine) than Fruit of the Loom. I even sent an email to the FTL folks asking them if they make underwear like that anymore and they said no. Oh well, I'll have to keep on looking...

8. xmarksbreakdownx

Gold Member

Albums:
    Try stores like Big Lots or Dollar General... Im not sure if you have them where you live, but go to the sites and youll see what I mean. Goodwill too.

9. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I find this subject VERY interesting. There are many fancy brands of underwear out there, but for the past 20 years, I've been a big fan of Fruit of the Loom. They have the "boy next door" look that upscale underwear lacks. FTL may be similar in price to Hanes, but I prefer FTL by far. I kept all my old FTL colored briefs (20 plus pair in various colors) with the FTL waistband. I'll never get rid of them even though I don't wear them very much since I switched to boxers.

About a year ago, I bought a 6 pack of colored FTL boxerbriefs. They have the current waistband with the black stripe at the top with the name spelled out below the stripe. They're okay, but I still like my FTL boxers better than the boxerbriefs . . .
    . . . Until today. Last night I found FTL white boxerbriefs. Just like with their briefs, the material for the colored briefs and boxerbriefs is thicker than the material that they use on the white ones. That works out well for me as the white boxerbriefs have a light feel to them that I like; the colored bbs feel thicker and more restrictive. Who knows? I may start to like the white boxerbriefs better than boxers. My boys had plenty of room, and I was comfy all day. I'll definitely wear them to the gym.

Here is a photo of the white boxerbriefs right out of the package.
    http://www.lpsg.org/members/sdbg/al...ictures/578560-new-ftl-white-boxerbriefs.html

I would definitely like to see the pics! After reading your story, I may have to go to Big Lots and see what they have.

10. john1deere

john1deere New Member

Albums:
    Dude, I honestly think you said it the best. I couldn't have said it better. I love seeing a good-looking guy bend over and all you see is the "FTL" or the "Fruit of the Loom" waistaband. Why? Because usually guys who wear that kind of underwear are straight! Honestly, I start getting so hard when the guy is young, looks like the athletic/masculine type (and muscular), and he bends down and you see that waistband. It looks even better when you can tell the waistband is worn out a bit because of use. It honestly looks so hot!

11. colday

colday Member

Albums:
    Wow! Hate to knock Fruit of the Loom because that was my first job out of High School and I worked there for almost 13 years before finding me a job where I was not on my feet all day long. That was over 20 yrs ago. Anyways, Fruit of the Loom undies in my opinion are definately cheap. I used to hate them with a passion. Never liked the boxer briefs in any brand. But I remember in gym class when I was a freshman in highschool, I wore FTL briefs and when we had to do jumping jacks my dick always fell out of the leg ( I was a skinny kid anyways) and it would start flopping around. Back in my day we wore pretty short gym shorts, not the kind that goes down past the knees these days so you can imagine my problem. I'm not that big but it didn't take too long of a dick to hang out of these shorts especially when doing those exercises. Anyway my point being that with all the brands out there today for someone to say FTL's are their favorite underwear just blows my mind.

12. xmarksbreakdownx

Gold Member

Albums:
    I fully agree with you both. Calvin Klien and other brands like that I've never found sexy because the average guy isn't going to wear them, mostly gay guys.

13. xmarksbreakdownx

Gold Member

Albums:
    Eh. Different strokes for different folks.

14. prince albert dong

Gold Member

Albums:
    FTLs, or any Fruit of Loom are the best. Cheap and comfortable.

My favorites are the blue yellow stripe from the 70/80s. Actually those are easier to get than the blue FTL.

Gentlemen: Here is your underwear tip of the day; Ebay! You can get all of the vintage styles if you watch
    shop with frequncy.

ALL my briefs are all vintage.

15. hungnhot

hungnhot Member

Mommy agreed!!! I think the saaaaame!! Shoot me a message!

16. stanley9

stanley9 Member

I loved the blue and yellow waistbands that spelled out Fruit of the Loom. They were back around the late 90's. I had several pairs that were well worn. I used to shave in the gym locker room in those. Got tons of glances and looks. There was a guy that switched to them too and we would shave casually side by side. He was totally straight, but I think he was one of those guys who just digs briefs or men in briefs. He was hung average and I think he dug how I packed my pair with cock and balls. Eventually, the piss and cum stains and fraying got too much and they were tossed. Wished I hung on to a pair.

17. jackinstr8

jackinstr8 Member

I have a few medium and small 5 packs of briefs with the FTL waistband. They are new unopened email me if your interested

18. xmarksbreakdownx

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not into briefs, but thanks!

19. BoxersguyNJ

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I wear Fruit of the loom boxers and boxerbriefs and sometimes at flea mkts you'll see old pkgs of FTL underwear mixed in with other brands

20. StuJr

StuJr Active Member

Albums:
    I recently purchased a package of Fruit of the Loom briefs, in various colors. They seem to be better made now than they were a few years back. I also like to see a FTL waistband on a guy crouched down at Home Depot, or around his ankles if he is in the adjacent stall. So hot.

Draft saved Draft deleted