New Investigation into Black Panther Intimidators

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ericsson1228d, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Guess I'll have to go tell all my "brothas" to put away their military clothing. It's no longer fashionable. :rolleyes:

3. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    op, your posts are begining to sound racist. the comment on the dem's needing to hire the black panthers to scare voters on the Obama healthcare speach thread was biggoted at the least, and now this? I'd tread lightly if I were you...especially seeing you've been a member here since 2005, yet you only have a little over 100 posts...sounds like you are trying to start something.

4. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

How on earth does my post sound the least bit racist?

I'll repost it here:

The initial incident was disturbing enough, but the dropping of charges without an explanation is suspicious.

I'll be curious to see what the investigation reveals.

EXCLUSIVE: Inquiry opened into New Black Panther case - Washington Times

Referencing racism couldn't possibly be a way to attempt to stifle my opinion is it?

Also, the Black Panther comment was made tongue-in-cheek, if you read the debate I have been having with Vinlyboy (on another thread), you probably would have caught that. Likewise, I believe his response (to this post) was tongue-in-cheek. I don't really think he will be calling any of his 'brothas'.

5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Nah, his real purpose is to find people who are willing to agree with him that passing judgement on people based on their appearance is justified, and to paint me as a victimized, reverse racist who is ignoring what he believes to be true just because I wouldn't agree with his hypotheticals.

Really, he's going to need a hell of a lot more than 100 posts and the cheering section of one rabid, anonymous forum entity of numbers to do all of this. :rolleyes:

6. Principessa

Gold Member

He may not be a troll; but he is definetely racist. :mad: He's been here 5 years, yet never had a political opinion until last year. Hmmm, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Really? It's been here THAT long?
    BTW, sweetie... have you been wearing military clothing in front of buildings lately? Don't let him see you because he'll claim that you're trying to intimidate people.

8. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

So if I talk like a duck, etc, I must be a racist. You brought that one out in your second (?) post about me, I'm surprised you were able to contain yourself! Your insights are so deep that people will develop entire new fields of philosophy to understand the true expanse of your intellect and keen insight into everyone you have ever encountered.

But if someone dresses like a militant, carries a weapon like a militant, then the last thing they could be is intimidating? But the first thing it make me is a racist? I'm sorry, but at least I can usually follow Vinylboy's arguments. This one just doesn't add up.

#8 Ericsson1228d, Sep 9, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  9. Elmer Gantry

Gold Member

Albums:
    Forget it, OP. The new thought police have spoken.

10. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Not new thought... thinking ones that don't always jump to conclusions based on one's appearance.

11. Principessa

Gold Member

Perhaps the investigation was discontinued because the New Black Panthers seem well, kinda silly now that we have a black POTUS. :redface: Some of the things they 'demand' are covered by the Constitution. The rest of there points, like being excluded from military participation are stupid; because there is no draft and hasn't been for over 30 years. If blacks don't want to join the military they don't have to. :rolleyes: :duh: Releasing all blacks from jail rgardless of the crime they committed? :261: Come on, this is bullshit. How can anyone take them seriously? :confused:

12. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    Wow funny this is an issue now that the blacks are doing to whites what we have done to them ever since this country started.

13. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

Who do you mean by "we"? Speak for yourself.

#13 Ericsson1228d, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  14. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    I believe he meant "white people as a whole." Quit being so goddamn literal and sensitive. Learn to understand the point, not needless grammatical and syntactic minutiae.

15. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    Heh.

16. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

* Sits in the corner and whistles as javyn & Well-Hung_Nerd pwns yet another one *

17. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    Not trying to own anyone, and I don't know much about this issue, and if they were intimidating people they should obviously be disciplined.

But yes "we" as in white people collectively try and keep blacks from voting. This is not ancient history either, but it happened right here in Texas during this election.

18. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

Who missed the point? Wow.

My point is that it is apparently okay to group all whites together (stereotype much?) but it's unacceptable when all blacks get grouped with black panthers and welfare recipients.

Please provide of list of what "blanket statements" are appropriate for which racial groups. I need to get that straight.

And FYI, "white guilt" is far from universal. Far, far from it.

19. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    Okay then, I'll go ahead and concede, 'some' white people intimidate blacks in an effort to keep them away from the polls. So what, how does that change anything in this thread. It doesn't. I'd get your point if you would actually pick one and stick to it instead of trying to redefine the argument by veering off on a semantic.

20. B_Mister Buildington

what did they allegedly do?

Draft saved Draft deleted