Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Shy does not necessarily mean lacking social self-confidence.
How can someone who does not lack social self-confidence be described as "shy"? Every definition of shyness that I have looked at mentions or implies lack of social self-confidence. An example from Shyness.com:

Shyness may be defined experientially as discomfort and/or inhibition in interpersonal situations that interferes with pursuing one's interpersonal or professional goals.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
people keep saying i am shy, so does my parent, in a way you could say i am shy.
but the real word is schizotypal/schizoid, do not misinterpret for schizophrenia, 2 things tottaly different
Schizoid personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you could call it "the 21st century hermit", but not really :)

people just dont understand my need to be alone

Well, I think that most of us are disordered on one way or another. We just have to be patient and make allowanced for each other knowing that we all have glitches of some sort.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, I think that most of us are disordered on one way or another. We just have to be patient and make allowanced for each other knowing that we all have glitches of some sort.

I know right. :) However, if we made a social group for unsocial people would anyone talk on it? Then again...if we made a group for all the various disorders we all have or THINK we have...omg...we'd have to start another website.

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
wait, we're defining shy as lacking confidence? crap, i think i may have to unjoin then...

...as opposed to, er, um, the other reason...:p

Billy Batts

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's me totally. :cool: I'm swinging a very healthy size, but I have some social disorder. I'm like a king when my pants come off in the bedroom but literally retarded when trying to get a girl in there. When I get approached by females, I come off so shy I think it makes them uncomfortable. I've been hooking up with girls through sites like AFF or even occasionally going to strip clubs just so I can avoid the convos. My friends have come just short of actually placing a girl on my cock to get me laid.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm like a king when my pants come off in the bedroom but literally retarded when trying to get a girl in there.
Concisely put (though I suspect that you don't mean "literally" when you say "literally"). For me, one reason for showing off on this site is to get the attention that I can't get in real life because I'm so bad at getting to the stage at which the clothes come off.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Concisely put (though I suspect that you don't mean "literally" when you say "literally"). For me, one reason for showing off on this site is to get the attention that I can't get in real life because I'm so bad at getting to the stage at which the clothes come off.

Aw, you cannot be that bad at it. Your a smart guy and you look rather athletic. You should have a million things to talk about. I cannot speak for every woman but I really like shy quiet guys. I'm more curious about them than other men.

I have always liked to play with puzzles. The more quiet he is, the more intriguing he is. I either want to make him smile... or be quiet with him :smile:

Attila the Hung

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That's me totally. :cool: I'm swinging a very healthy size, but I have some social disorder. I'm like a king when my pants come off in the bedroom but literally retarded when trying to get a girl in there. When I get approached by females, I come off so shy I think it makes them uncomfortable. I've been hooking up with girls through sites like AFF or even occasionally going to strip clubs just so I can avoid the convos. My friends have come just short of actually placing a girl on my cock to get me laid.

If I was single, I would have the exact same problems to deal with sadly.

D_Harvey Schmeckel

Sexy Member
Media
At times I've thought of myself as shy, especially in certain situations related to dating and so on, but "highly sensitive" is far more accurate:

The Highly Sensitive Person
Highly sensitive person - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm good at establishing rapport quickly and easily with individuals in a one-to-one or small group setting, but easily flustered/overwhelmed dealing with multiple people and large groups.

PurpleThrillHammer

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
people keep saying i am shy, so does my parent, in a way you could say i am shy.
but the real word is schizotypal/schizoid, do not misinterpret for schizophrenia, 2 things tottaly different
Schizoid personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you could call it "the 21st century hermit", but not really :)

people just dont understand my need to be alone

Now I have a name for my illness "Schizoid personality disorder"
Fit it to a T, except the sex part. Guess thats why I like strippers. They like my Fat dick, I like the non commitment sex. Most of the ones i have been with are somewhat crazy, so I have no fear of ever falling in love with them.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Aw, you cannot be that bad at it. Your a smart guy and you look rather athletic. You should have a million things to talk about. I cannot speak for every woman but I really like shy quiet guys. I'm more curious about them than other men.

I have always liked to play with puzzles. The more quiet he is, the more intriguing he is. I either want to make him smile... or be quiet with him :smile:
I think you are a rarity. In my experience, most women interpret reticence as a lack of interest in them, and quickly write off the men who show it as not boyfriend material. They may find the guy's conversation interesting enough to keep seeing him in some capacity or other (e.g., "I'm not free in the evening this week; how about lunch instead?"), but they see to it that there is no progress toward intimacy.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
whoa,woah, hold on just a mutha fuckin' second!
cal.....you're shy? what part of social interaction has you a jumbled up that you're considered "shy"?
Why should you consider that surprising? A person's facility in posting words on a Web site is no indication of social finesse. I am uncomfortable in large gatherings and uncomfortable with strangers. I come across as completely boring when I try to talk to a female who looks interesting to me. I am acutely conscious of my social shortcomings, hence lacking in self-confidence, and it shows. Women instinctively respond that, and not favorably.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I read the title of this thread I thought to myself that I'll nominate my husband for president! But then I saw "looking for sex," and realized he really doesn't have to look.

But he is ultra-shy about his size to the point of being apologetic. He hates to show off, and when I ask him to just dance for me before coming to bed he refuses. "Just shake it around then." Nope.

When he told me he found this site I asked "did they make you king yet?" He even got embarrassed about that!

So, sorry, you don't get a new member, but he would have been perfect.

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media
Why should you consider that surprising? A person's facility in posting words on a Web site is no indication of social finesse. I am uncomfortable in large gatherings and uncomfortable with strangers. I come across as completely boring when I try to talk to a female who looks interesting to me. I am acutely conscious of my social shortcomings, hence lacking in self-confidence, and it shows. Women instinctively respond that, and not favorably.

trust me..it's all in your head,if you constantly think about it you'll "fail" every time.i don't have half the looks that you have,in fact i'm a 5 star general in the "ugly guy army" but it's never stopped me from meeting women.i thrive in large social gathering type settings.be yourself,and if a woman can't enjoy/like you for you,she's not the woman for you.
keep on movin'.