New Measures To Combat Bullying And Unnecessarily Mean Posts On Lpsg

ginobrouwers

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Non-Binary
So you are saying that people shouldn't report bad behavior on here so that they can be loved? That one brought me right back to grade school. It is a clear instance of where the moderator should have acted to fix this as the posts clearly go against the standards that are set on this board. I've had similar experiences here where I reported someone bashing me and the moderator, at first, refused to take it down.
i did NOT say that at all .
please dont twist my words

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I mentionned not long ago that many mods don’t follow these guidelines. And I got called out by LPSG for it.

And now I just reported this post and had to report it again, because the moderator would not remove it.

how is this ok to stay up? It’s just legit negative comments / made up BS that serves nothing but to show hate to someone and tarnish their name.

Really hope LPSG will inform their mods properly, and follow their own rules.
This has been rectified. It should have been resolved a long time ago. Thank you for bringing this up. Please send them to us whenever this happens.

Reactions: Hephaestion47

Hephaestion47

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I want to add to this that my favorite part of this site isn't the Dicks, it's that the MODs are willing to admit when a bad call was made and they fix it. Some rules are subjective and require a second look. MODs are human (and volunteers?) so they aren't perfect but I appreciate that they are willing to give things a second look when needed.

You guys don't get enough credit for how rough it is to do what you do.

Ponyhoff

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I want to add to this that my favorite part of this site isn't the Dicks, it's that the MODs are willing to admit when a bad call was made and they fix it. Some rules are subjective and require a second look. MODs are human (and volunteers?) so they aren't perfect but I appreciate that they are willing to give things a second look when needed.

You guys don't get enough credit for how rough it is to do what you do.
I'm going to say that my experience with moderators on this board has mostly been negative. I really do think two...three times before I report something. Most often the mods remarks are dismissive. I sometimes have to write to them two or three times before I feel like they really take it seriously. I was on the receiving end of someone being a bully to me on here....I said I was going to report them. I did. And nothing happened. They actually came back and taunted me saying something like...'yeah, you were going to report me and what happened? Nothing?'. The moderator finally came in and did something...but it was a negotiation....I will take down their remark but then I have to take down yours as well. I certainly don't feel like the moderators are on the side of the people who are on the receiving end of abuse here. And I wonder why.

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm going to say that my experience with moderators on this board has mostly been negative. I really do think two...three times before I report something. Most often the mods remarks are dismissive. I sometimes have to write to them two or three times before I feel like they really take it seriously. I was on the receiving end of someone being a bully to me on here....I said I was going to report them. I did. And nothing happened. They actually came back and taunted me saying something like...'yeah, you were going to report me and what happened? Nothing?'. The moderator finally came in and did something...but it was a negotiation....I will take down their remark but then I have to take down yours as well. I certainly don't feel like the moderators are on the side of the people who are on the receiving end of abuse here. And I wonder why.
This is very subjective. We do our best but sometimes we don't agree with the person reporting. We received 100s and sometimes 1000s of reports. We sometimes have to make quick decisions.

In your case you considered someone calling you a creep bullying. Our staff disagreed. I think it would be harsh to say someone is a creep is bullying. If we removed that then we open ourselves up to have to remove 10,000s of posts.

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It is important to remember. There are some days, weeks, months where we just can't spend the time taking care of questionable reports. In those cases we reject them. Why? Because we are probably dealing with situations that are massively important like a spam attack or something like that. We believe it is more important to prioritize dangerous events on the site over a post that may call you a creep. I know that sucks for you and I apologize for that. It just is the nature of a forum.

Ponyhoff

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is very subjective. We do our best but sometimes we don't agree with the person reporting. We received 100s and sometimes 1000s of reports. We sometimes have to make quick decisions.

In your case you considered someone calling you a creep bullying. Our staff disagreed. I think it would be harsh to say someone is a creep is bullying. If we removed that then we open ourselves up to have to remove 10,000s of posts.
No, it was more substation than just calling me a creep. I don't have the post of course, since it was finally deleted. I'm a little shocked that you are minimizing it to just being called a creep.

Ponyhoff

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It is important to remember. There are some days, weeks, months where we just can't spend the time taking care of questionable reports. In those cases we reject them. Why? Because we are probably dealing with situations that are massively important like a spam attack or something like that. We believe it is more important to prioritize dangerous events on the site over a post that may call you a creep. I know that sucks for you and I apologize for that. It just is the nature of a forum.
Again...it was more than calling me a creep. And it was several emails. Again, shocked to see you guys minimize my reports and it seems to show how 'nothing' you seem to feel some of these bullying efforts are. And if you are usually dealing with things like spam attacks, why make a big posting about your efforts on bullying, putting time and energy into creating a list of guidelines, if you don't have time to follow through?

ginobrouwers

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Non-Binary
No, it was more substation than just calling me a creep. I don't have the post of course, since it was finally deleted. I'm a little shocked that you are minimizing it to just being called a creep.
if i get any nasty comments - i just put them ignore before it can escolate .

ignoring online bullies is far more powerful than trying to respond .

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I didn't mean to minimize it and sorry you felt that way. I really hate online bullies. I've just given you a month of Gold. I'm going to work with the team so we are all better at eliminating nasty behavior on LPSG.

Reactions: Darthchi

Anime2

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
So many guys on this site jump all over anyone who prefers younger, thinner (legal!) guys and say stuff like, “ I don’t like little boys, I like MEN!” They insinuate themselves into discussions about young guys and start spouting this nonsense, as if their taste in men is the only “correct“ taste. I don’t prefer hairy, older muscular guys, but I don’t make a nuisance of myself on Tom Selleck et al threads. LIVE AND LET LIVE.
Ohhh my days this

Reactions: Hephaestion47