new member questions

drrionelli: If I may, I'd like to suggest to blak9 that, although I can see where your suggestion that a person's homosexual experience would make him a homosexual, that is not, for better or worse, the case. Here's why:

Consider that if you were to attend a church service at a place of worship other than your own. Doing so would not, de facto, make you an adherent to that faith.
Surely, Catholics may attend Mormon services, can they not? Likewise, if a person (say, a politician, for example) were to navigate a vehicle around a race track (for, let's say, publicity purposes) that would not make him a race-car driver, in the connoted sense.

As per yourself, I trust that you will not consider this response to be baiting, for, indeed, it is not. Your input here has always been edifying (to me, anyway), and instrumental in many thought-provoking threads. I respect your thinking.

balls: I think having a homosexual experience is more comparable to getting your ass baptized Mormon or Catholic. Just attending service is comparable to watching The Crying Game, listening to Disco, or occasionally saying, “Fabulous!”

queenie: [quote author=norseman link=board=meetgreet;num=1034545281;start=15#19 date=12/10/02 at 07:04:57]I've gotten very tired of a binary world.  Why must it be on or off, black or white, gay or hetero ?  In a world in search of labels, the only one I could be comfortable with is "bi"-sexual.  [/quote] Perhaps the most accurate label is "tri-sexual" ... if it is sexual, most people will try it.... ;)

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
It's a damn shame, really. I've only met a handful of people who really understood the bisexual thing, and even then, they themselves proclaim to be bi. One of those, "takes one to know one" ordeals. But, in all seriousness, I'm not a big fan of the labels anyway. In my personal opinion, I think it's really silly to talk about sexuality in any sort of "label" way beyond those implied definitions. Straight, bi, or gay insofar as you want to make it known who you like to sleep with, date, etc., and that's fine, but beyond that, it's a waste.

Me... I've done some 180s these past few years. Pretty straight until I went to college, experimented with men, got some pussy too... dated a bit, had my fun. Dated a guy. And now, I'm single and pretty much interested in -- sad to say -- myself. Too busy to stay in a relationship and enjoying the single life. I can fnd men and women attractive in their own ways, but "bisexual" doesn't exactly explain all these nuances.

kyle: I agree with Dee.  The terms just don't do it for me.  So when I mention my boyfriend to people for the first time and they ask, "Are you gay?" I simply reply, "For all intents and purposes, at this time, yes."

Funny how no one ever asked if I was straight when I dated girls.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I find it strange that when I say something about my boyfriend people ask, "Oh, are you gay?" I would think the mention of a boyfriend would make that point obvious. So now my stock answer is, "No; I have a boyfriend for the sake of appearance!" ;D

Mighty_Joe: That's a great answer! Reminds me of the time a so-called "friend" asked me if I was "Queer"? I replied, "no, I don't date girls".