Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by spl98006, Oct 4, 2005.

1. spl98006

spl98006 New Member

Howdy everyone,

I just found this site over the weekend - thanks to HungSpermBoy for posting a link to LPSG on a different site I was reading.

What a cool group! This site really reminds me of what alt.sex used to be like 15 years ago (okay, I'm showing my age... in Internet years, anyway!).

I've been spending hours reading a lot of the thoughtful and mature discussion here, and it seems like a pretty close-knit community. Honestly not what I was expecting when I first clicked the link... but better!

2. Alley Blue

Gold Member

WELCOME!!!

Chit chat lots and lots!

PS
    I did'nt think the internet was around 15 years ago ( 1990?).

3. spl98006

spl98006 New Member

Like I said, I'm showing my age :)

Now that you mention it, I guess Al Gore hadn't become vice president yet, so the internet couldn't have been invented! :patriot:

(puts grandkids on knee) "Yes, kids, I remember back when there was no spam..." "Aw grampa, you're just teasing us again!"

4. Alley Blue

Gold Member

Like I said, I'm showing my age :)

Now that you mention it, I guess Al Gore hadn't become vice president yet, so the internet couldn't have been invented! :patriot:

(puts grandkids on knee) "Yes, kids, I remember back when there was no spam..."
    [post=348738]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

5. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

When I first started using the internet some 11 years or so ago, I used to use the newsgroups. They were pretty interesting, but then they started getting populated with some of the same sort of trollage that comes through here. I'm glad that we now have boards like this where people can chat and hang out. While we don't always get along, it is sort of like some wierd family situation.

Welcome spl98006--hope you enjoy it here!

6. madame_zora

Gold Member

Welcome, welcome! We're all just one large dysfunctional family, but there's food in the fridge and coffee in the pot, so help yourself and join in.

7. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I remember posting on alt.sex back when I still had a hand crank on the side of my computer. Electricity hadn't come to our farm yet so we surfed the net by candlelight.

Welcome to LPSG! You'll find it's only vaguely similar to alt.sex and some of those other sexual health sites because we have a real sense of community here that will make it easy for you to kick off your shoes (and pants and ... ) and make yourself at home!

8. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

Extending another welcome to you, spl98006. Maybe this isn't too tame after Pecker's ". . . kick off your shoes (and pants and ...)", but you'll soon learn that Pecker understands lots of LPSG's fringe benefits!

Luke

9. jonb

Gold Member

He didn't 'just get here'. He's been stalking me.

10. B_Jeremy

B_Jeremy New Member

Welcome aboard the lpsg cruise ship! Enjoy! Have fun! :)

11. dcjohnny

dcjohnny New Member

Dear . . . oh, dear — what should we call you? Not that alphanumeric handle, because I can’t remember it if it isn’t right in front of my face! (Sometimes, no matter hard I try, there just no synapse!) But welcome anyway! We’ll look forward to hearing from you. :hi:

Draft saved Draft deleted