New Members welcome - but please Contribute!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

Finnmark: This is really more of a plea than the start of a thread.

As of this moment on this day LPSG has 10076 members. They are the most varied lot of people (men and women) you could imagine. Straight and gay. Old and young. 'Well-equipped' and (in spite of the title) average or 'modest'. From many countries and continents. I live in the UK, and have not been part of it for very long (some are 'founder-members'!), but already have felt myself to be in the company of interesting friends, who - in spite of the title of the group - have many 'other interests', though no doubt one thing in common!

Membership lists have just reached 288 pages, and I have spent just a little time checking back on the most recent 20. These pages total 696 recent new members, of whom just 18 have contributed a 'post'. Scanning back further the percentage contribution is still tiny.

I think this is rather sad and disappointing for all of us. Each individual has some point-of-view, some experience, some worry maybe, to share and thus support the whole. Who knows what encouragement we may gain from each other. That's been my experience in a short time anyway. It is a forum in which we may talk with a frankness and freedom (and, yes, anonimity!) that is quite impossible elsewhere. For many that is a great release.

So, to new and not-so-new members from whom we have not yet heard ... the warmest of welcomes from a friendly crowd! Please come and join us - and enjoy!

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice