New Moderators

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Or even SOOTY | A TELEVISION HEAVEN REVIEW

Sorry my insert link has stopped working so having to paste instead.
A line in there that caught my eye:
"The TV critic of the Sunday Express newspaper writing on 4th of May commented: 'Five minutes on the television screen last night established Harry Corbett's teddy bear as a rival to Muffin the Mule."
Isn't "Muffin" a member here? :tongue:

vindicari

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Agreed and they also have to have skin like a Rhino because every post they make will be scrutinised by the masses.
I aint got the skin of a rhino, but the diplomacy of a rhino, and as for the masses, let them eat cake. and as a great wiseass once said "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member" only kiddin folks. piece of useless information, rhino penis was used by south african police as a whip to beat black people during the good old days of aparteid.
wikipedia link to the info, (jeez Im full of crap)
Sjambok - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
no offence meant jest sittin here listenin to music with a few beers

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think the original intention of moderating the board was not to make policemen of the mods, but to just keep the board flowing as "normal" for us. Like our constitution, the TOS was a good beginning, but never intended to be a legal document replacing the consideration and thought of a group of human beings who care about the site.

We who went first had the ugliest part of the job, it should be easier now. I hope Rob_E sees fit to replace the mods once a year, so that everyone who sticks around will have an opportunity to participate if they so desire.
I think that way, there will be less general distrust of the moderation system, which was our initial struggle early on. It's easier to keep a ball rolling that to get it going, so to speak.

There are a lot of newer and older members I see here who would do a great job, my dearest wish is that whoever ends up applying will treat our free exchange with the utmost seriousness it deserves. If we become too litigious, we will lose the very thing that makes us special, and become just another boring too-politically-correct board where none but the majority may speak. That would be a tregedy indeed.

The knee-jerk reaction for any human being is always to get rid of that which is annoying to us personally. If I have left one thing as a legacy of the time I spent moderating, I hope it was that I practised what I preached about not using my position to ban those who disagreed with me. I hope all future mods will remember that when their blood is boiling over someone who is bating them just to make them act immaturely. It WILL happen, trust me!

And, if the inevitable happens, and they are just not in a place to continue acting impartially, step down. No shame in doing what you do well, but stop doing it when that no longer seems likely. Good luck to all.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I think the original intention of moderating the board was not to make policemen of the mods, but to just keep the board flowing as "normal" for us...
I think that whether people liked, or disliked, your views, I don't think it could ever be denied that you practiced what you preached. You were always a huge advocate for free speech, and there are a good many members that should probably be unwittingly thankful that they're still here because of your belief in that.

OK, so I was serious for a whole paragraph, so tell me, did you nominate Big Dirg yet? :tongue:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree, Zora. I hope that the work we started will keep this a magical place for some time.

The ToS has been redrafted (to make it clearer) and will be finalized once the new Mods have been selected and that new team has a chance to give input, etc.

For, me I hope that most can see that I tried to be as fair as I possibly could while not compromising my personal integrity and voice.

I am SURE that the new team (when selected) will do an awesome job. We original Mods were a diverse and eclectic bunch and made a good team. There was never any group think--and I appreciated that most of all.

Hugs all around.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
:eek: I now claim Alzheimers. Many thanks as well to Freddie53!

Has anyone heard from him since he took his leave of departure to care for his mother?

trufitjock

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
In my completely unscientific opinion, of the people you see banned:

85% were under 18
10% were spammers
2% were "trolls" who joined just to mess with people and disrupt the site
2% were people who posted under multiple identities to create the impression they were different people
1% were consistently nasty and disregarded warnings to chill out.

Dave's suggestion to read through the Terms of Service is a great idea for everyone.
I DID READ THIS WHEN I SIGNED ON NOt REALISING HOW VERY VERY LIBERAL THIS SITE IS.. AND JUST REREAD THIS AGAIN.. THANKS.. YOU GOTTA BE A REAL P.I.T.A. TO GET BOOTED IN OTHER WORDS... THIS HAS BECOME A FAVORITE SITE FOR ME .. THANKS EVERYONE !!:biggrin1:

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Since we're strolling down memory lane, a tip of the hat to the other members of the initial Mod team: TexAssgirl and RideRocket