New Moderators

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know who i would *like* to see as a moderator here, but i know he's not interested in the job. *sob*

In fact, i can think of a handful of very great moderating influences around here, all of whom have stated at least once that they wouldn't become mods. It saddens me a bit.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Really when I think of a perfect choice for moderator it should be someone that's not well known, but level headed at the same time. Popular mods equals biased judgement. Typically.

u_u;

Not saying this to call anyone out or anything. Definitely, not my intention.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Really when I think of a perfect choice for moderator it should be someone that's not well known, but level headed at the same time. Popular mods equals biased judgement. Typically.

u_u;

Not saying this to call anyone out or anything. Definitely, not my intention.

You make a good point, playinda. My only arguement is, unless the person has made somewhat of a contribution to the site, how would you know if they were going to stick around.

I understand that popularity can lead to bias. I just think that complete strangers isn't wise either.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I feel for anyone who steps up to be a mod. The amount of mod bashing that's gone on here over the last several months saddened me. I hope the next batch get more respect.

I hope so too. I hope that, as Zora said, we first mods have done most of the really heavy lifting here. I would be lying if I did not say that the amount of flack I took personally did not wear on me--I often felt as if a large portion of the membership were rather thankless. It's okay to keep the board spam free but don't dare do anything more than that or dare to not step in when we think you should. 95% of what you do goes unseen and yet you get shit for the 5% people DO see and disagree with. As if we are all here to agree.

I can't wait to be a "regular member again." Anyone who mods this board--and does it the right way-- has my undying respect.

D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Experimental Member
Media
I hope so too. I hope that, as Zora said, we first mods have done most of the really heavy lifting here. I would be lying if I did not say that the amount of flack I took personally did not wear on me--I often felt as if a large portion of the membership were rather thankless. It's okay to keep the board spam free but don't dare do anything more than that or dare to not step in when we think you should. 95% of what you do goes unseen and yet you get shit for the 5% people DO see and disagree with. As if we are all here to agree.

I can't wait to be a "regular member again." Anyone who mods this board--and does it the right way-- has my undying respect.

As you have mine.:smile:

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Hats off to all the original mods. Especially Lex. Imho he struggled harder with it and put more effort into it than anyone could or should.

Dealing with an assholes (like me) takes patience.

props bro

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BD,

Believe me, any thread locking that is done here is not done frivolously. Most have proven to be problematic or destructive to the esprit de corps of the site...

The most visibly abused (and, if I may indulge in a bit of projection, the most resented) mod function to date was thread locking.