"New Orleans descends into Africa-like Savagery"

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by Shelby@Sep 7 2005, 07:29 PM
"It is racist to call American citizens refugees," the Rev. Jesse Jackson said, visiting the Houston Astrodome on Monday.
[post=341320]Quoted post[/post]​
rev. jackson, in stark contrast to FEMA, is eminently reliable - one can always be certain that he can be guaranteed to remain a complete moron in any given situation.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Dorset@Sep 5 2005, 12:53 PM
I have lived and worked here for over 20 years so I know a little of what I'm talking about.
I'm also a Millwall supporter so know about hooliganism - I have seen great moments of kindness and consideration from hooligans towards people in need. I have also seen petrol bombs thrown at police.

You have to remember that most people have limits, these guys will happily engage in armed combat with police or opposition supporters but they would never attack the elderly or under age. This is what is happening in New Orleans

When the chips are down people in London have always shown their strength in the face of adversity regardless of race - some call it the blitz spirit

p.s. London is the city of old buildings, my local boozer was built in the 16th century as an example
[post=340817]Quoted post[/post]​

I have existed here for 23 years! :p Yeah, I do get what you mean about the "blitz spirit", but then again, ever been to Hackney at night, or Peckham? Scary.

We're looking at the same phenomenom from different angles, I live in Tower Hamlets so my view is probably different from yours, seeing as how I'm close to the "coolness" of Canary Wharf and the shiteness of the city while Poplar is a filled with right wing chavs and Hackney to the north is "da Ghetto" (for example) and I'm sure the olympic committee will have to nuke the area to get it to look friendly enough for foreigners to visit in 2012.

Anyway, when the chips are down, Londoners will still stick together, but we're not "above" being twisted and evil, otherwise why do we have a crime rate in the first place? In New Orleans, it's just the bad people coming out of the woodwork. I doubt the new Orlean people are horrible in the majority, but the actions of small bands of thugs can lead to big responses.

Oh yeah, and I dislike old buildings without character. Can't stand the city's architecture, it's so old it's crap, but some of the newer buildings (like the "giant butt plug tower" or the "Mayor's motorcycle helmet") are lacking charcater. Meh, my area rules, at least we redecorate! :p

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Nope, London is an organic city.

You'd be surprised by the pure crappiness of some areas and the old history of the preserved areas. Because the East End was bombed so heavily and most land was left derilict, there was/is potential for large construction pojects of some of the most modern structures in the country.

SUMYUNGUY

Just Browsing
Media
Hurricane Katrina was the most racist storm ever. She hates black people.

George Bush had a plan to save all the white people of New Orleans and abandon all the blacks before the hurricane even hit. In fact, he was in direct communication with Katrina the WHOLE TIME! :nopity:

Anyway, being black myself, I think I can say that there were plenty of niggers who were greatful for what happened. Its people like them, the looters, the whiners and complainers who rely on the Government for monthly handouts and then call them racist with the next breath... they make us all look bad. Sadly, having lived in quite a few big cities, they are the majority of "us".

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick+Sep 5 2005, 08:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Dilznick &#064; Sep 5 2005, 08:32 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ORCABOMBER
Well, if it was possible to declare war on the Weather, then this crisis would have been over AGES AGO.
We can&#39;t change the way we live our lives. That&#39;s exactly what the hurricanes want. Show your backbone and resolve and argue like you normally would. We can&#39;t let the hurricanes win. Hurricanes hate our freedom.
[post=340814]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Oh, shit&#33;&#33;&#33; Doc, are you writing GW&#39;s speeches, or is he writing yours? I laughed so hard I almost got a hernia.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
What they don&#39;t tell you about looters is what they raided. Non-perishable, foodstuffs, blankets, clothes (and no, not &#036;500 shoes), medical supplies, flashlights, generators, batteries, bandages, matches, antibiotic . . . They even set up distribution centers.

Tells you something about our country that salvage is wrong.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, it made me sick that apparently the only looter thay saw with their own eyes took a couple dvds. Sure he was black, most of the poor and disenfranchised there were&#33; Duh&#33; If the majority of the PEOPLE there were black, then the majority of the looters would be too, that&#39;s obvious. No one bothered to explain how these thousands of folks were supposed to feed themselves and stay alive while no one was sending aid, let&#39;s just focus on the few taking advantage of the situation to excuse our nation&#39;s lack of support. What a load of horse shit.

Newsflash- it wouldn&#39;t have served much purpose to steal things they couldn&#39;t carry, so I doubt the poor were stealing dvds, it wouldn&#39;t have helped anything unless they had a car. It sure sounds like a good excuse to shift the blame onto the helpless though, doesn&#39;t it?