Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I can't believe people take her seriously. simply put, she has that special kind of stupid. the deer caught in the headlights obliviousness.

best quote from that was "not all our programming is fear based" lol. good point there. scaremongering has got to be at the bottom tier of political tactics. works well on religious people who love guns though.

Last edited:
D

deleted3782

I can't believe people take her seriously. simply put, she has that special kind of stupid. the deer caught in the headlights obliviousness.

Many people really like that about her. They feel like she is simple, unsophisticated, somewhat ignorant, say-it-like-you-mean-it, salt of the earth, and out-of-the-loop. I think a faction of Americans want that kind of (you say stupid, they might say unpolitical) kind of person in politics. Maybe they are frustrated with the nature of politics (the deals, the sausage making) and want someone who literally doesn't have a clue in office so that government a fresh start. I think that's a big theme of the teabaggers.

This is not new. To some degree, I think that's what got Jimmy Carter elected (the Georgia outsider) in reaction to Watergate and the political maneuvering associated with the Vietnam War and the Great Society of the 1960s. Carter was a good man (in my opinion), but he was rather "caught in the headlights" with his presidency. That laid the ground work for a Reagan to come in with a get things done agenda four years later.

Levi

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Isn't it more the case that she is deeply stupid and her supporters are also deeply stupid?

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

best quote from that was "not all our programming is fear based" lol. good point there. scaremongering has got to be at the bottom tier of political tactics. works well on religious people who love guns though.
She's now the 'head' of the new Tee Tee and Poop party